Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Abilities, Possible?

NarcolepsyNoise

After my first post and reply I posted this as a reply to someone asking me what I would do with more detail.

Booster (Common) [Passive]
Booster alters how much the warframe gets from Health and Energy orbs.
Rank / Effect / Cost
1 / 10% / 3pts
2 / 15% / 4pts
3 / 20% / 5pts
4 / 25% / 6pts
(Unable to equip Well of Life)

Healing Aura (Uncommon) [Passive]
Rank / Range / Healing (per 5 second tic) / Cost
1 / 10m / 2% / 4pts
2 / 15m / 3% / 6pts
3 / 20m / 4% / 8pts
4 / 25m / 5% / 10pts
(Effected by Reach and Focus Mods)
(Unable to equip Link)
DOES NOT STACK WITH MULTIPLE Trinity Warframes (Highest ranked ability over rides)

Combat Medic (Rare) [Passive]
Combat Medic makes Trinity more durable while under fire, reducing damage from attacks.
Rank / Armor / Cost
1 / 20 / 5pts
2 / 40 / 10pts
3 / 60 / 15pts
4 / 80 / 20pts
(Effected by Steel Fiber)
(Unable to equip Blessing)

The blade would do damage, but the extra fire damage wouldn't affect her. Just like electricity doesn't affect infested whats so ever.

& Explosives & fire is totally different. Explosions are a violent expansion in which energy is transmitted outward as a shock wave.

Fine.

And I know what an explosion is, I study Physics. What I mean is under what damage type it is considered in the game - is it classed as normal (non-elemental) damage or fire or what?

After my first post and reply I posted this as a reply to someone asking me what I would do with more detail.

Booster (Common) [Passive]

Booster alters how much the warframe gets from Health and Energy orbs.

Rank / Effect / Cost

1 / 10% / 3pts

2 / 15% / 4pts

3 / 20% / 5pts

4 / 25% / 6pts

(Unable to equip Well of Life)

Healing Aura (Uncommon) [Passive]

Rank / Range / Healing (per 5 second tic) / Cost

1 / 10m / 2% / 4pts

2 / 15m / 3% / 6pts

3 / 20m / 4% / 8pts

4 / 25m / 5% / 10pts

(Effected by Reach and Focus Mods)

(Unable to equip Link)

DOES NOT STACK WITH MULTIPLE Trinity Warframes (Highest ranked ability over rides)

Combat Medic (Rare) [Passive]

Combat Medic makes Trinity more durable while under fire, reducing damage from attacks.

Rank / Armor / Cost

1 / 20 / 5pts

2 / 40 / 10pts

3 / 60 / 15pts

4 / 80 / 20pts

(Effected by Steel Fiber)

(Unable to equip Blessing)

I honestly hoped to see passive abilities as "innate" abilities, lik a 5th ability (that ISN'T a mod) more than a replacement t oan ability. If not, you could just walk around, have 3/4 passives and hardly do anything but shoot and stab a few people.

Mods are passive abilities. Warframe-specific mods should be coming along soon.

I don't think these small specific passives should be a mod, because there is almost little to no use to them.

Like Saryn. This would only be helpful against ONE ancient out 3.. out of the whole infestation.

Fine.

And I know what an explosion is, I study Physics. What I mean is under what damage type it is considered in the game - is it classed as normal (non-elemental) damage or fire or what?

I honestly hoped to see passive abilities as "innate" abilities, lik a 5th ability (that ISN'T a mod) more than a replacement t oan ability. If not, you could just walk around, have 3/4 passives and hardly do anything but shoot and stab a few people.

I don't think warframe passives should be mods.

Rhino - Staggering pulse will be either too strong or barley noticable depeding on the rate of pulse. If its often it will "permastun". On the other hand if its rare most of the trash will be dead before 2nd pulse. As it is now Rhino is tank but he can hardly tank when Jackal or Hyena plays basketball with him. Make him knocback immune/resistant

The only issue with this is that he does have an immunity to everything ability. Iron skin=no knockdown, stun, damage, etc.

Just giving a cursory read over I support the idea of passives, I really think this game lacks inter-Warframe coordination. Most Frames seem to be fine on thier own and gain almost no benefit for using support abilities or for working with certain other Frames, the closest "team player" is Trinity.

Passive abilitys seem great. I play League of Legends a bit and the passives often make each hero feel different by default, without considering any abilitys. They would be easy to implement, and would allow for deeper team customization if you are the Min/Maxer Type of gamer.

The suggestions made here are also very good. I Like it!

+1. Passive abilities SHOULD be there and can enhance your gameplay in solo as well as multiplayer and may open up interesting team combinations. The passive ability could be classed as a 5th ability, but NOT a mod, and it could very slightly scale with warframe level.

I agree that passive abilities would be a great idea, but I also think that unlocking them at a certain level, say 5 or 10, then perhaps a slight increase in the passive's power every 5 or 10 levels would be better balanced. in much the same way that energy, health and shields increase as your frame progresses. This gives you time to get used to the warframe first before it starts becoming truly effective.

After all, the warframes themselves are weapons, and they can't be effective if the user doesn't know how to use them.

And rather than having a single passive for each specific warframe, how about a selection of a few passives that are available to other, similar warframes? This way, even in groups where everybody has the same frame, not everybody will have the same passive. This can prevent such "limited" groups from becoming overwhelmed in certain situations.

Edited by FLSH_BNG