Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you gain rank past initiate?

TFlashman

I can see that I need to gain 10000 of something but I can find nothing to suggest what it is.

I tried collecting affinity, but I cant tell if it is working since sometimes I have gained points when finding it and sometimes not.

Can anyone clarify?

- TFlashman

In game.

Simple, just press your name and a screen pop-out stating do you want to take a trial/test to level up. After that just click yes and beat the trial it something easy like kill all the enemies as fast as possible. Note: If you fail you have to regain all that exp again.

Edited by Psyren

He's asking how he gains affinity. We play together, and what he finds in game in containers do not always add to his total when the mission is done. We've also had missions where no affinity was gained at all.

There doesn't seem to be a set minimum gained per mission.

He's asking how he gains affinity. We play together, and what he finds in game in containers do not always add to his total when the mission is done. We've also had missions where no affinity was gained at all.

Oh I see, yeah that idk, I never really pay attention to how much affinity I get, only credits sorry :(.

Edited by Psyren

It seems to me as if the affinity growth does not always update after matches. I often have to restart the game to see my progress update.

It seems to me as if the affinity growth does not always update after matches. I often have to restart the game to see my progress update.

Yup this^, you have to remember game still in close beta so that has to be bugs. I had a problem where for some reason at the end of a mission my gun lvl up, but in the arsenal it was still the same lvl.

Edited by Psyren

Affinity is ALL experience. Tenno rank is gained by leveling up in gear. The more high level gear you have, the higher your Tenno score. I have 8 frames and about 12 weapons at 30 - Tenno rank close to 6.

Huh, wouldn't this mechanic put people who bought extra warframe and weapon slots at a serious advantage?

Edited by MegatechBody

Ahh so I have to exchange my gear and level it up?

Yupp! :)

Huh, wouldn't this mechanic put people who bought extra warframe and weapon slots at a serious advantage?

At the serious advantage of having a higher rank which is only required to purchase XP locked items with Platinum? Yes. Very serious. I honestly don't see a single issue with this. It's a meaningless number with no effect on the game other than unlocking stuff you can buy with real money. Currently, those are Gorgon, Rhino, HEK. It's all good the way it is. Tenno rank is null and void in it's meaning past the XP unlocking of items you can only buy with cash in the first place. It just stops cash-only players from grabbing those things instantly.

Affinity is ALL experience. Tenno rank is gained by leveling up in gear. The more high level gear you have, the higher your Tenno score. I have 8 frames and about 12 weapons at 30 - Tenno rank close to 6.

You're doing some work leveling all that up. What would you recommend for a new player starting out? Just compelte all the missions, clear every planet. Does that get you 30? Then repeat with other frames? Or is there a certain mission/planet that is best for leveling?