Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor Pierce Damage

V101

can anyone explain me this properly? i had a concept but i think its wrong, so there's diferent opinions ive heard, so is it like your weapon damage penetrates an ammount of defense based on the % or is it like an elemental damage, does an extra damage based on that % ?

AP may or may not be useful depending on your weapon and your enemy.
With a Braton, and a good AP mod (+30/40%) you will basically deal double your original damage on Grineer armour, which is good. When it comes to Infested, however, your mod will become near useless - that's when you need to get a Fire mod. Against Corpus it does allow you to do extra damage on Moas (and Jackal) + it allows you to one- or two-shot the Corpus boxheads. Overall I find AP a very good mod, as it's common and very cheap.

i used all elemental mods, but i maxed them all and now i have not enought energy, only on polarities weapons like the burston, but the gorgon...doesnt fit, all weapons should have polarities T_T

AP may or may not be useful depending on your weapon and your enemy.

With a Braton, and a good AP mod (+30/40%) you will basically deal double your original damage on Grineer armour, which is good. When it comes to Infested, however, your mod will become near useless - that's when you need to get a Fire mod. Against Corpus it does allow you to do extra damage on Moas (and Jackal) + it allows you to one- or two-shot the Corpus boxheads. Overall I find AP a very good mod, as it's common and very cheap.

Ancient Infested are very armored...so are the fronts of are you trying to say its useless on them? Unless I missed something it does work on them, and the other infested die so quick regardless, except for Chargers, who, are also armored, and like Corpus, the head is the weak spot.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charger

I always roll AP on weapons. All factions require its use, or at the very least, you will still benefit from it to the point of making it worth keeping.

Ancient Infested are very armored...so are the fronts of are you trying to say its useless on them? Unless I missed something it does work on them, and the other infested die so quick regardless, except for Chargers, who, are also armored, and like Corpus, the head is the weak spot.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charger

I always roll AP on weapons. All factions require its use, or at the very least, you will still benefit from it to the point of making it worth keeping.

The ancients' weak points are the legs. With my Braton (Serration + 40% armour pierce) I deal a 20+12(AP) damage on them. Which, in terms of armour piercing damage, is not very big - I deal more armour-piercing damage against Grineer armour. The Ancients, IIRC, just take less damage from all sources - even a weapon charge attack will just deal their "base" damage on them. I am not too sure about Chargers, I tend to wait until they get close and then use my melee weapon with fire+frost, it usually works, but IIRC I deal to them about the extra damage I deal to Ancients. Usually, if you want to kill Infested, you'll douse them with fire somehow.

The good thing of armour piercing is that compared to elemental mods it's easy to find (for all weapons) and does not have a huge mod capacity at ALL, especially for melee. So it's good on any weapon, and especially melee + rifle.

Edited by AndryB94

im removing the pistol armor pierce mod, 30%... i rather let the shock 90% on

I suggest you keep the AP mod on. It's the best elemental damage mod out there. Even 30% is a massive boost against grineer and corpus, as it allows you to one-shot most of them with something like the Lex.