The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.i.p Sprint Slide Spam

Mentosftw

It doesn't add anything compelling or anything more than what we have like those games. People loved the hell out of the game without it and had no problems playing, so I don't see how there should be any problems when it's removed.

You can do a ton of more skillful movement without it. There are a lot of hidden combos and skills you can do that don't derp up the engine's physics. You should give it a try. I'm being serious, that's real encouragement. Wallrunning is freakin' fun and it looks awesome! You can be so creative with it!

Definitely, I sadly see all too few people ever wall run at all. I use it almost every chance I get. Not only is it fun and look cool, but there are a lot of neat things you can find in the maps that you probably wont notice if you never wall run.

So serious question for you guys who rarely/never wall run. I know that wall running isn't really properly documented and doesn't have many good guides that are popularized like the slide/dashing ones lately. But would you wall run more if there were proper guides around to get you into it or is it more a matter of just not wanting to be bothered to figure out which surfaces are wallrunable vs a relatively universal tactic?

This actually kind of turns me off that they're patching things like these.  It's called skilful movement, and is what made those games you listed (namely Gunz, Quake and Tribes) special.  I was hoping Warframe would keep things the community found out, and it could have its own place in that list.

How is it skillful when people are macroing it? Which is what this is intended to combat?

A lot of people have gaming keyboards these days and those come with buttons and software specifically to automate tasks like that. It was an exploit that needed fixing and skill played no part in it.

IMO wallrunning actually takes a bit of skill and can't be macro'd. Slide glitching didn't take any and could be. And it looked stupid.

Edited by f3llyn

I'm with FatalX7, less goofy Gunz style exploits, more cool looking, well integrated movement mechanics. Slide dashing didn't require any real skill, less so than wallrunning at least, and greatly benefited those who were using macros, making it basically a hack. There's no need for awkward glitches like that when the game already has a well developed and still expanding movement system who's mastery will at some point be more necessary to surviving in higher level missions hopefully.

Edited by Sealgaire

there is a reason why bunnyhopping was never fixed in original Counter-Strike. it's a movement technique.

why are so many of you opposed to it? it's not gamebreaking. it adds a new level in movement.

Gee I don't know...maybe it's because it makes 3 mods almost pointless. It could be macro'd without much effort and it looked incredibly stupid?

The difference here is there are mods that specifically enhance movement speed and the exploit allowed people to bypass those mods with little effort.

Edited by f3llyn

Rather than the move itself being skillfull, necessary, or any other BS, aren't the levels simply too big ?

I disagree with this completely. I would prefer areas be bigger and require teamwork to make it through them.

Eliminate the need for "gotta go faster!" and the whole slide glitch would never have been a thing. Outside of defense missions I honestly wouldn't mind if missions took 20-30 minutes to complete and required team work through the entire time.

I really don't get the attitude where you go into a mission just to rush through it as fast as you can. If you want to get through a mission so fast why even bother playing to begin with? If spending time actually playing the game is not something you're interested in? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by f3llyn

Well there's still sprint slide melee which can be spammed indefinitely as an alternative.

It's affected by weapon speed of course.

It's also affected by momentum. It does give a little boost, but you still have to wait just as long for sprint to warm up before you can get the full effect. It also can't be spammed indefinitely, as it takes a rather large chunk of stamina as well. (Which doubles if you mistakenly double slide melee, which one would want to avoid anyway, as the 2nd one doesn't get a momentum boost and thus takes longer to get back into sprint.)

For those of you complaining about your tank being slow, deal with it. We have to sacrifice our shield/armor/health in order to get our speeds. If you want to be fast, get a fast frame. That's like a guy in a buldozer complaining that camero's are too fast.

For those who are complaining about rushers, think about what level you are on. If you're fighting a boss, people are trying to farm them quickly for blueprints. Taking forever to complete them is just rude. If it's taking too long to get to escape pod cause you're a rhino, that's understandable. If you're just $&*^ing around, though, quit $&*^ing around.

For the record, I never used this glitch. I have a Loki, I don't need a glitch.

As for wall running, it's still a bit buggy for me to use consistantly. I do use it to take shortcuts as much as possible, but if there's no short cut, i'm not going to bother. There's too much of a delay when attaching to walls to use it for the post wall run leap on short walls, and any rock faces just get you hung on a pixel, or don't propperly attach.

Edited by DataPhreak