Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma, Potatoes, And Dark Sectors

Terumitsu

Question

Basically, I'm a bit confused on the interaction of forma and the leveling system in DS conflicts. Part of this may be due to way back when the conflicts were first introduced as PVP, the way things worked was a bit janky and I haven't touched it much sense. At least, janky in my experience.

So, what I want to know is as follows:

Does having forma reduce the amount of levels your frame/weapon needs to have to activate a mod or does it work a bit different?

If so, assuming someone was dedicated enough to do it, would an eight-forma setup come online quicker than the same setup but using less forma? Basically the eight forma setup is there to further reduce mod costs whereas a, say, three forma setup would be fine to fit all 60 mod points for a given weapon in normal play. Logic says it should but past experiences have left me wondering.

Finally, when the hell do aura slots come online? They seem to activate last, for some reason, and they appear to activate as if they have a drain rather than giving a frame mod points and thus starting a conflict with one or two mods already active. Are there aura mods that just don't work in DS?

5 answers to this question

If so, assuming someone was dedicated enough to do it, would an eight-forma setup come online quicker than the same setup but using less forma? Basically the eight forma setup is there to further reduce mod costs whereas a, say, three forma setup would be fine to fit all 60 mod points for a given weapon in normal play. Logic says it should but past experiences have left me wondering.

The forma halves the cost of the mods. Therefore in DS it comes online technically twice as fast. So yes forma does make it go online faster. The aura part I really don't know why they don't work... Maybe to prevent OPness stuff like Corrosive projection.

In Dark Sector conflicts, kills = more levels for your gear.  Forma's do nothing different in conflicts.

As for aura's, I'd just say don't even bother putting something like Energy Siphon if it goes against the polarity.  If the polarity is, say V, then I'd just use Steel Charge for that 18 additional capacity.

In Dark Sector conflicts, kills = more levels for your gear.  Forma's do nothing different in conflicts.

As for aura's, I'd just say don't even bother putting something like Energy Siphon if it goes against the polarity.  If the polarity is, say V, then I'd just use Steel Charge for that 18 additional capacity.

Levels = Mod energy. Ergo forma does effect it? I don't know, I haven't played test enough... Though I'm pretty sure it helps.... Never fully noticed.

Levels = Mod energy. Ergo forma does effect it? I don't know, I haven't played test enough... Though I'm pretty sure it helps.... Never fully noticed.

So far, I've only noticed that the mod priority is similar to that of elemental combos, top left being highest, with this, I was able to get Snowglobe on frost much quicker than a standard build, unless it's limited to a single ability.  Really haven't played enough conflicts to take note on how the mods unlock, but this I did notice.