The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So People Who Worked Hard Enough To Earn That Mod

XDeathCoreX

It's not fair at all. It's a poor change, but the rest were okay. The spawns are crazy too, like some mod some community member made. Also sometimes when attacking an enemy the gunfire won't hit their location but they can hit you, killing you instantly and you lose out.

Edited by BloodDoll

All those mods we used to be able to keep if we lost the mission because we all don't have the same robot skill the developers think we have, well you lose those mods now if you die. So everything is pointless really. I don't care about the credits. I wanted the mods, which at least helped me upgrade things to possibly win a mission i was having trouble with eventually.

This ruins things for the solo player who's playing solo mode. I fail most of the time but I got something for my time. In most games I will loot stuff from enemies but maybe die to the boss but they don't remove the loot I was awarded for the effort and time, up to the point of defeat. I don't get why they can't understand this and figure out a better way to handle the situation.

Edited by BloodDoll

This is such a strange complaint. Isn't it fairly common (read: virtually ubiquitous) for games to penalize death by forcing you to forfeit the progress you made? I was honestly surprised when I started playing and discovered that that wasn't already the case.

Edited by Fredlicious

And hosts who rush the boss, loot and abort, causing everyone to disconnect and gain nothing, is better?

Of course not. But there must be a balance. Should those players really hurt all the other players that play legitimately? You're attacking the wrong problem, anyway; it's host migration that's the issue there, not aborting players.

Can someone explain what happened?

Latest patch changed it so that if you abort a mission, you keep XP but do not keep any mods, resources, blueprints, etc.

As someone who plays solo to explore things a lot, I have to say I'm not too happy with the change. I get stuck in terrain very often, and I'd like to keep the stuff I've earned up to that point if I am forced to abort.

Guess what? There's risk now. I don't see what the problem is in promoting team play. That's what this update accomplished, and if you fail to see it then you're deluded. Find worthwhile teammates, stick together, and if anyone gets dropped revive them. Kinda' how the game was supposed to be played. If you're playing right, no one has to die and lose out on those hard earned mods.

This is such a strange complaint. Isn't it fairly common (read: virtually ubiquitous) for games to penalize death by forcing you to forfeit the progress you made? I was honestly surprised when I started playing and discovered that that wasn't already the case.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (two extremely hard games) allow you to keep anything you looted up to the point of death. Even if you grabbed something in the boss room, and the boss killed you. There's alot of other games that do that too. I usually fail the mission because their boss or spawns are poorly balanced, but I do get to keep my mods. Now with this change, the mods are also lost and in defense this is a problem.

I'll go check it now to make sure but I'm pretty sure that's what happens.

It's pretty much like failing in real life and still expecting to get the reward you would have gotten if you succeeded

The boss fight is one thing but the things you did up to the boss, the stuff you fought, beat and got mods for, you should still be able to keep. In Borderlands I looted great items and then got killed but the item didn't magically disappear from my inventory.

Host migration wouldn't be an issue if players didn't abort in the first place.

False. Host migration would still be an issue if players didn't abort - due to a disconnecting host, for example. It'd be less prevalent of an issue, yes, but it nevertheless does not change that you are losing items because of a faulty migration system, not because someone quit the game.

That's not to say that players should quit a game; that's rude. I'm just saying that there are better ways to discourage quitting than punishing all players that quit for legitimate reasons (hostage stuck, trapped in terrain, etc). Of course, I could use my own argument against me there and argue that it's hostages getting stuck and getting trapped in terrain that are the real problems. :p

Terrain issues will always be there, though. I think I'll be satisfied if they just included some sort of reset option. Restart the mission, keep all your drops. If you haven't killed the boss yet, the boss will respawn. If you have, he won't respawn and you just have to progress normally to extraction.

In other games, there are other methods of powering up a player; in warframe, the mods are just about it besides passive upgrades.

What does it mean?  Say in another game, there was this one part you could not get past for the life of you.  Being able to keep the items you looted helps the player grow stronger with each successive try to the point he or she can finally surpass the terrible obstacle.  Even if all items are removed upon failure, other games usually provide other "grinding," skills, or missions to boost the player in areas the items would boost in their stead.

In warframe, where the primary boosting item is removed on death, the ability to surpass the challenge is severely hampered.  Why?  Because as Einstein put it best, you have little choice but to go up against the same enemy with the same gear hoping for a different result.  Sure, this can be attained by luck: a good group of randoms, crits, etc etc.  But as a game mechanic, it is indeed quite poor and needs fixing, though I do respect the dev's efforts at responding quickly to such a problem in the playerbase.

False. Host migration would still be an issue if players didn't abort - due to a disconnecting host, for example. It'd be less prevalent of an issue, yes, but it nevertheless does not change that you are losing items because of a faulty migration system, not because someone quit the game.

That's not to say that players should quit a game; that's rude. I'm just saying that there are better ways to discourage quitting than punishing all players that quit for legitimate reasons (hostage stuck, trapped in terrain, etc). Of course, I could use my own argument against me there and argue that it's hostages getting stuck and getting trapped in terrain that are the real problems. :p

Terrain issues will always be there, though. I think I'll be satisfied if they just included some sort of reset option. Restart the mission, keep all your drops. If you haven't killed the boss yet, the boss will respawn. If you have, he won't respawn and you just have to progress normally to extraction.

Mission reset might be good if we can keep the mods we earned. 

Just to make sure everyone understands: Only aborting/failing the mission will mean you won't gain any mods. So, the entire squad forfeiting after dying, having the hostage die, and dying in solo and forfeiting = no gained mods. Just dying and reviving, or dying and having others finish the mission = keep.

The boss fight is one thing but the things you did up to the boss, the stuff you fought, beat and got mods for, you should still be able to keep. In Borderlands I looted great items and then got killed but the item didn't magically disappear from my inventory.

Borderlands works a lot different than warframe, in warframe you aren't in a persistent universe. There aren't failed missions in Borderlands. ;p Edited by ZEDD

And hosts who rush the boss, loot and abort, causing everyone to disconnect and gain nothing, is better?

This technically didn't fix that issue. If the host was looking for a certain BP and that BP doesn't drop, they can still abort. lol

This just seems like a really bad band-aid fix for a much larger problem.

If it was intended to stop Cronus farming, that was already fixed if Cronus now drops at a lower % each time you loot it.

Changing it so aborting. failing or disconnecting grants you nothing but xp (and no bonus xp either) you're harming more people than host leaving after looting ever did. (not that this change even fixed that completely)

---

Edited by Nokturnal

What does it mean?  Say in another game, there was this one part you could not get past for the life of you.  Being able to keep the items you looted helps the player grow stronger with each successive try to the point he or she can finally surpass the terrible obstacle. 

I can see your point, and it's a good one, but it doesn't hold up in Warframe purely due to the fact that a player has substantial control over what kind of difficulty he will face in a given mission. There's nothing stopping a player from going to an easier zone and earning drops and leveling there before he goes back and attempts that difficult spot again.

Borderlands works a lot different than warframe, in warframe you aren't in a persistent universe. There aren't failed missions in Borderlands. ;p

That's a bad example.

Anyway it does suck for the solo players and what DalaiLlama  posted was pretty much on par with how I feel.  I often fail missions. The mods help me upgrade my character so I can beat something that otherwise I cannot beat. 

Guess what? There's risk now. I don't see what the problem is in promoting team play. That's what this update accomplished, and if you fail to see it then you're deluded. Find worthwhile teammates, stick together, and if anyone gets dropped revive them. Kinda' how the game was supposed to be played. If you're playing right, no one has to die and lose out on those hard earned mods.

what teamplay? the most teamplay i've ever seen is when there's 2 lokis using decoy while fighting a boss. and the risk you're implying here is actually risk of playing in pug because you never know who you're going to be paired up with.

and with mods being the only way you're going to get stronger, punishing everyone because of exploiters doesn't really fix the problem, it just causes more in the end.

Edited by KhanCipher

Just to make sure everyone understands: Only aborting/failing the mission will mean you won't gain any mods. So, the entire squad forfeiting after dying, having the hostage die, and dying in solo and forfeiting = no gained mods. Just dying and reviving, or dying and having others finish the mission = keep.

But I am a solo player and I play in solo mode (would also like a duo mode in the future). It's not helping me at all. Get a mod I needed and then die to some cheap spawn and lose it. Not everyone plays in a team (or should be forced to) but there is a big solo button up top I use. There are alot of variables there that make this method they chose a bad one.

It already took a long time for me to upgrade mods or to get the rare ones I needed, and most of the missions I play I fail.

Edited by BloodDoll

But I am a solo player and I play in solo mode (would also like a duo mode in the future). It's not helping me at all. Get a mod I needed and then die to some cheap spawn and lose it. Not everyone plays in a team (or should be forced to) but there is a big solo button up top I use. There are alot of variables there that make this method they chose a bad one.

Yea having this change affect solo play was a very bad move.

The only person someone is hurting by aborting/failing/disconnecting when they're playing solo is themselves.