The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So People Who Worked Hard Enough To Earn That Mod

XDeathCoreX

The new system

is

AWESOME!

You get the thrill every time you get a mod you like.

The thrill of what? of hoping the host doesnt troll-leave and screw everyone over? That's not a thrill, that's fear of punishment for something you havent done. I cant see any reason why this "thrill" would be enjoyable... are you a masochist?

This is such a strange complaint. Isn't it fairly common (read: virtually ubiquitous) for games to penalize death by forcing you to forfeit the progress you made? I was honestly surprised when I started playing and discovered that that wasn't already the case.

Actually it's not common at all, the most popular games in the world don't have this system and generally the ones with negatives like this are less popular. The worst you usually get is a small loss in time before you revive.

Edited by Earl.Grey

OH LOOK, YOU WANTED THAT FURY MOD YOU FOUND? Too bad. Grakata is seven kinds of cheap in Grineer Defense now.

I'm not having a problem with that at all. Sounds like you need to consider stepping your game up.

If you aren't up to it you could always stick to easier missions.

And hosts who rush the boss, loot and abort, causing everyone to disconnect and gain nothing, is better?

Why punish the rest of the playerbase for something a small group of people were doing.  There were so many other ways they could've handled this, but chose the most draconian. 

They could've simply coded it to where you lose anything that dropped off the boss if you abort/fail.  That way, it penalizes the abusers and doesn't affect the people trying to get to wave 15 and on in defense missions.

I'm not having a problem with that at all. Sounds like you need to consider stepping your game up.

If you aren't up to it you could always stick to easier missions.

It's a, what, 16-22 mission on Earth? I could easily get past wave 5 before. Now they get the health of that thing down to nothing in no time, even on wave 1. 

It's a, what, 16-22 mission on Earth? I could easily get past wave 5 before. Now they get the health of that thing down to nothing in no time, even on wave 1. 

Stop letting them shoot it.

Then again, it could be a bug. Make sure to get screenshots or if you can nab some footage of just how fast they do it. Footage would be especially good.

If it is happening faster then DE would like then they'd change it.

Edited by Blatantfool

Stop letting them shoot it.

Then again, it could be a bug. Make sure to get screenshots or if you can nab some footage of just how fast they do it. Footage would be especially good.

If it is happening faster then DE would like then they'd change it.

Even if I hit them from afar with my Shotgun to take away their attention, there's still 10+ of them on the other side shooting it, with every 2nd bullet taking away a percentage or so. Doesn't help with the really low regeneration rate of the Orokin thing. 

I just find it really brutal for the lowest ranking Grineer unit to be given a slightly nerfed Gorgon. Hope I'll get another opportunity of getting Fury soon. Really need it for my Fragor. 

The thrill of what? of hoping the host doesnt troll-leave and screw everyone over? That's not a thrill, that's fear of punishment for something you havent done. I cant see any reason why this "thrill" would be enjoyable... are you a masochist?

Im a solo player. It's because of my connection, and not the games fault. I have to be honest and say that the all or nothing approach is pretty intense. I like it. That is a personal preference.  I guess it's because I'm old and remember games where failure was extremely costly. I like the sense of dread, the feeling that failure is not an option.

I would like to also add that I am not against any solution that can be coded to help guard against some of the more unsavory things that can happen in a game. My concern is in how hard is the perfect solution to code and implement? I see a lot of suggestions on how to achive a great system, but is anyone here qualifed to asses the amount of work that it would take to inplement, or even if it is possible?

How do you stop people from bypassing difficulty to farm bp's, while not punishing people who chose to play the game the way it was designed?

I guess the best solution would be to change the BP drop from a little white sphere to simply an unknown quantity you find out at the success/failure screen. You get to keep all drops, but the main boss drop is an award for success, and you lose it if you fail. To facilitate rezzing, you could give a boost to the % chance of the best reward (bp) by the amount of people who succesfully extract. The rng for the main reward is not determined at time of boss assassination, but at time of extraction. All players get to keep all normally dropped items no matter what happens, although I still think thats kind of dumb because your frame is gone, lost. you died, so how did you retrieve the items.

How hard would that be to code? No idea as I am a computer illiterate.

Even if I hit them from afar with my Shotgun to take away their attention, there's still 10+ of them on the other side shooting it, with every 2nd bullet taking away a percentage or so. Doesn't help with the really low regeneration rate of the Orokin thing. 

I just find it really brutal for the lowest ranking Grineer unit to be given a slightly nerfed Gorgon. Hope I'll get another opportunity of getting Fury soon. Really need it for my Fragor. 

I haven't had a similar experience to this yet. It might legitimately be a bug with their new gun.

There is no longer a drive to loot. As any time wasted on looting is time wasted if you fail. No point going back for mods other players have marked, because should your backtrack cause a mission fail, what was the point anyways. Defense missions will now end after wave 5. As a Defense mission can net you sometimes 10 mods if you go to wave 15 and past. But now, who wants to watch 15 mods, a ton of credits, and a bunch of resources from 15 waves, which takes quite a while of gameplay, just to watch them go to nothing.

I understand bringing a level of risk to the playing field. But taking 100% of your rewards away is rubbish. They need to penalyze your rewards by a percentage, not everything. You fail, you don't get it all, or you only get up to the last 'checkpoint' in the map that you passed.

Defense missions are now not worth it, spending time looting isn't worth it, and neither is actively going back for mods you have passed. As all no longer have a reward that outweighs the risk of losing EVERYTHING because of the mistake to go back for a mod or loot a locker.

There is no longer a drive to loot. As any time wasted on looting is time wasted if you fail. No point going back for mods other players have marked, because should your backtrack cause a mission fail, what was the point anyways. Defense missions will now end after wave 5. As a Defense mission can net you sometimes 10 mods if you go to wave 15 and past. But now, who wants to watch 15 mods, a ton of credits, and a bunch of resources from 15 waves, which takes quite a while of gameplay, just to watch them go to nothing.

I understand bringing a level of risk to the playing field. But taking 100% of your rewards away is rubbish. They need to penalyze your rewards by a percentage, not everything. You fail, you don't get it all, or you only get up to the last 'checkpoint' in the map that you passed.

Defense missions are now not worth it, spending time looting isn't worth it, and neither is actively going back for mods you have passed. As all no longer have a reward that outweighs the risk of losing EVERYTHING because of the mistake to go back for a mod or loot a locker.

I find looting is now even more worth it.  It's more worthwhile to take your time on a mission than to just rush through it blowing past everything.  If you're taking your time you might as well loot and if you have to go back for a mod then you were probably too far ahead of the group anyway.

The one place I will agree this is uncalled for is defense missions.  It should lock in your loot every time you are given an opportunity for extraction on those.