Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ouch, Update 7.8.0 Punishes Those Who Crash

Fogg

Update 7.8.0

CHANGES

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

It's a great counter-measure to prevent someone from joining a group, farming a drop, then stranding their team by quitting the mission. But what about when someone crashes or gets dropped? These kinds of changes shouldn't punish the general public to solve a problem with the outliers.

Example: I had just completed a mission objective with a friend, and we were working our way out, when 10 month old son learned how to turn off my computer.

I believe that the game already prevents a new player from joining a mission after the objective has been completed, but how about the ability to rejoin a mission in progress and not lose credit?

Agreed!  I dont know why but I regularly crash in warframe.  At least once every maybe 45 mins of game play.  I have no idea why.  When I first started playing Warframe one of the things that I really liked was that most the time even if I crashed I got my stuff. And I could generally get back in to my buddies runs and finish it. 

Like the op said I understand why you did it but it is punishing everyone for the bad actions of a few grinders that will probably get bored of the game and leave quickly anyways. 

How about a system that we can specify that there are certain people we never want to play with again.  For example I do a run and someone jumps out and leaves me hanging.  Ok i go to my contact list and select them as someone I never want to play with again.  Eventually that person will not beable to join anyones matches or no one will join thiers.    Also make an option for a guild to tap all the no play lists of its members and make a master list for the whole guild.   This then punishes the offenders instead of the honest players.

I believe that the game already prevents a new player from joining a mission after the objective has been completed, but how about the ability to rejoin a mission in progress and not lose credit?

Yeah, that would be very good.

I would even go as far as to suggest to revert this change until a system like this is in place!

The amounts of frustration that losing a great haul from a derpy host leaving randomly would be tremendous.

Actually when you crashed i think it still didn't save progress before this patch...

That is true, however I regularly get booted out missions when the host randomly disconnects...

Edited by Sherbniz

If they can set the exp to carry over on mission failure or abort, why couldn't bps be set to be that way and let all the other parts (resources, mods, exp) be saved as collected since the people rushing the boss and quitting are after the bps anyway to sell.  Additionally if the bps were the purpose of the farming quitters and the credit awards got a big boost and the drop rate decreased, doesn't this problem go away?