Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Dmg Bugged With Last Update 7.8

Anelyn

Just did a high level alert on Pluto, assassination of Kryl.

Level 58 grineer enemies.

Banshee with maxed Sonic Quake and 15% power dmg from Focus (lvl 30 warframe if that is relevant).

My dmg per tick on those regular enemies was 28 dmg. This is what I usually see vs Ancients (and other elites) on high defense missions past lvl 60. But regular mobs were getting hit by the normal 200-300 ticks.

Is this change intended? Because this renders any damage AoE ultimate useless for higher content (mobs lvl 40+) since their whole purpose is to clear up for 100 power masses of regular mobs in their range / radius. If they don't do that, what's the point to slot & upgrade them to eat that much power from the suit, when we can boost other things.

Awaiting explanation (and possible quick fix if this is not intended).

I'm pretty sure the problem exists only for Banshee, it seems her ultimate is being affected by the amount of armor the enemy has where as Crush, Avalanche, Bladestorm, etc all completely ignore armor.

It could also have something to do with the way damage numbers are displayed when you put a Focus mod on.

I've noticed when putting a Focus Mod on my Mag for example, it'll say crush only did 300 damage, when it actually did 1300 damage. It's only showing the damage numbers focus is adding.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

Through all my leveling process on Banshee, I never recall casting Sound Quake vs normal grineer mobs and not killing them.

I did run some tests. 

VS Infested damage is same.

VS Corpus dmg is same.

VS lvl 18-24 grineer, I am doing 48-60 damage per tick, killing the lvl 18 ones, and 20+ remain alive with 1/4 hp. This with maxed Sound Quake and 20% Focus (upgraded it).

If this is intended, that's fine, but then rework Silence to work on alerted enemies as well (so the ability is actually useful when in a group), and make them disoriented for couple seconds or something.

Yeah, I maxed out my avalanche, and some of the level 30+ grineer don't die (I'm talking about the regular trash mobs). It's not worth the 100 energy, and I'd rather snowglobe and charge attack the mob instead.

I understand that armor affects some of the ults. But if avalanche has a base damage of 1000, and it gets reduced to 200, then holy crap, I want to know what type of armor they have, because it's definitely not your ordinary space kevlar.

You might also want to post this in the Feedback section.

Edited by Ravtek

only blade storm and radial javelin aren't affected by armor, everything else is :) but  banshee's ulti still has crazy range and damage compared to most AOE skills :) (blade storm and Radial Javelin can only hit a specific number of enemies.

It does feel kinda sad when your attack skills (especially the 100 energy ones) start doing next to no damage at higher levels. I love Banshee, but I don't ever want to use her on a lvl 25+ Grineer mission, nor any higher level games (50+), which makes me sad :(

Edited by LiekZomg