The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0 A Fist Full Of Hams!

SparklyNoises

Your attitude is toxic, you only care about yourself, having a bad connection never ruined entire missions before the patch.

That's the entire point of thread.

Not agreeing with you and not sugarcoating my views for the children isn't being toxic.

I have every right to care about just myself, but that isn't even the case.

Your arguments are simply weak:

If you have DC's often enough for it to affect your progression, that means your internet is not up to standard, and you shouldn't play games that require a constant connection.

Losing progress of a single match is barely worth the dozens of hours of work that'd have to be put to find a better solution, and to use your favorite argument: It's beta: it happens.

Another thing is that removal of the current system, werther to replace it or not, results in an issue that affects more people than the random DC's do: rushing and abandoning. A single guy having a random DC is a crappy situation, but it's even worse when people are allowed to do it on purpose, multiple times during their playsession.

What you expect the devs to do here, is for all of us to get screwed over, so that YOU are screwed over less when you occasionally DC.

Show me how is that not toxic and selfish.

And why do people keep quoting an impossible fictional scenario added as a joke instead of the myriad of legitimate reasons[...]

If you use hyperbole to prove a point, expect it to be used to counterpoint. In other words: because you used it first.

Edited by Naqel

It doesn't seem to matter if you offer suggestions or solutions. Those protesting our legitimate complaints about what these "changes" have done to the game are unable to see what it will do to the game in the long-term

If DE can continue to develop a game with the support of a mere percentage of their existing playerbase who "love these changes," then all of the power to them. As it stands, many of us (demonstrated by the amount of response and activity the forums have) are unhappy with the changes and the continued bugs that further exasperate the undesired direction these changes have made to the game, whether your limited view, pristine net connections, narcissism (or potentially sociopathy) prevent you from empathizing with us, isn't really our issue. 

If you prefer a game where the development choices are sweeping and harsh to legitimate players while still allowing the "toxic" players to commit the offense those sweeping changes were intended to prevent, then you can have it.

I, and many others, have offered countless specific and reasonable ways to implement changes without disheartening so many of us. If you feel our views and enjoyment of the game need to be based on yours or, in some way, that we are petty because we want the game to be more forgiving (especially while it is still being worked on), I feel sad for you because, when this game dies from losing a mass of its playerbase to poor/divisive decisions like this, all of the times you 'white-knighted' for it won't mean a thing.Most of the people making disapproving comments about the changes actually want the game to succeed too but you are either too narrow-minded to see that or, you'd prefer to have the game your way or see it fail.

As we have stated, these changes are garbage for new players and severely limit the desire of many of us to attempt public or co-op play. If you can't see that, I'm sorry that you have to suffer with such deficits but at least you can still enjoy the game so, kudos.

For the rest of us, we can take the hint. We aren't supposed to try and direct support through input like these forums, we are selfish and petty and aren't nearly l337 enough to play Warframe so, we should just quit now. We got it, thanks. Hope that approach to game development and community works out stellar for you guys.

Enjoy Warframe guys, sincerely. I'm going to go play other things and check in from time-to-time in hopes that they get off of this "hardcore" kick before this gets added to the long list of games that are referenced with, "remember how much fun [blank] was before they started that [blank] S#&$"

Later!

I re-posted my last post to a thread of its own with an attempt to create some discourse about the suppression of ideas and prospect of the community changing the game instead of sitting back and watching it die.

If you want your say, check it out

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34138-if-they-didnt-want-input-they-shouldnt-have-made-a-section-entitled-improving-warframe/

I'm not going to get into a 30 post slap fight. I made a point about what's changed in the game and it was completely overlooked and answered with more hyper-defensive drama. We have a livestream today, lets see what they say because we all know its going to come up. I expect you won't get the answer you think you should get. Good luck, Caped Crusader.

Edit: Well looks like a compromise was reached. Inventory checkpoints every 5th wave. Am I mad, nope. Because it still doesn't change my gameplay. But cool, glad we can compromise. Good day gentle-folk.

Edited by Vilesavant

Regardless of my negative opinion towards the devs choice regarding mission loot/failures, I still enjoy this game and hope it continues to improve and evolve.

@Developers: You guys are doing a good job, please keep up the good work and continue to do your best to improve the gaming experience!