Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] Stealth Gameplay

Necrodeathify

Question

Hi tenno, my main equip is: Paris, Aklato, Dual Heat Swords. And I have Loki and Ash.
You can give me a tip for a best equip in stealth gameplay? Specially for melee. 

Thanks!

PS: The "Stealth kill" stack with which stat? (ex. Charge Attack, Normal Damage, ecc..)

9 answers to this question

Duel Zorhen's hit rate combined with the 100% crit chance when invisible (Something Loki and Ash specialize in) make it a night mare. The AKlatos, imo, just kinda suck, but I find the rapid tapping uncomfortable. I'd go with the Lex because it gives you a reliable ranged weapon (Paris isn't reliable at range because of the leading required) and the Lex is just a monster: +Fire rate and +Damage and it will obliterate. I'm still undecided on a primary weapon. I have the Strun and Paris which are both great, but I'm looking to try more before I give advise on them.

You seem to have a pretty good build for stealth already.

Maybe see about adding the Shade sentinel with the Ghost mod for additional invisibility.

Loki would probably be better due to his Invisibility skill.

However, with update 8 Ash should be getting his skills reworked for additional stealth.

Duel Zorhen's hit rate combined with the 100% crit chance when invisible (Something Loki and Ash specialize in) make it a night mare. The AKlatos, imo, just kinda suck, but I find the rapid tapping uncomfortable. I'd go with the Lex because it gives you a reliable ranged weapon (Paris isn't reliable at range because of the leading required) and the Lex is just a monster: +Fire rate and +Damage and it will obliterate. I'm still undecided on a primary weapon. I have the Strun and Paris which are both great, but I'm looking to try more before I give advise on them.

You don't really answer the question of what makes a good stealth build.

You seem to have a pretty good build for stealth already.

Maybe see about adding the Shade sentinel with the Ghost mod for additional invisibility.

Loki would probably be better due to his Invisibility skill.

However, with update 8 Ash should be getting his skills reworked for additional stealth.

You don't really answer the question of what makes a good stealth build.

Yes, i waiting for the credits to buy the sentinel Shade, is brilliant! Ohw, thanks for info on Ash!

Last question: It is useful to increase the power (whith Focus mod) of Ash for a Shuriken more powerful?

Shuriken is largely useless when you have Paris. Mod Paris for maximum damage per hit (ie. avoid reload, fire speed and ammo mods). I find heavy weapons very useful on Ash for their area of effect, but single target weapons are also good for taking out those heavy enemies as quickly as possible while stealthed. Sidearms are pretty much irrelevant, as none of them can be used in stealth play.

One thing I find pretty useful is to use power mods on your frame. Flow, Continuity and Streamline are great in increasing your cloak uptime, and thus, decreasing your chances of being detected.

Get Power Duration to max out your stealth.

Dont rely on Shade's Ghost ability on lower ranks (it seems that 'Ghost' has an internal Cooldown which gets better when you level it some ranks), since IT will break your stealth approach when enemys see it, while you are stealthed.

In terms of melee weapons stick to Zoren for it's crazy critical hit multiplayier (which adds up with crit damage mods), i also heard that 'Daggers' do more damage for the stealthkill move, but i cant confirm that since i only ulocked Zorens, Bo, Dual Ether, and a couple of Swords yet.

When it comes to Pistols just go with whatever suits you... Lex for it's singleshot stopping power, Dual <insert name> for better DPS but at a higher ammo consumption, or the Gorgon if you are capable of going for reliant headshots (not my 1st choice when going up against Infested).

As primary consider Paris only when you want to go for a fullon stealth approach. Other than that there's no point to it^^

Hope it helps

Edited by L4r90

Not all enemies can be stealth attacked from behind.

If I remember correctly all Grineer, Crewmen, Runners and Leapers can be stealth attacked although stronger Grineer may survive.

Chargers can be stealth killed as well but not with the Dual Ether for some strange reason (if possible can someone test with other dual weapons?).

I don't think you can stealth attack Moas and Ancients from behind with melee weapons yet.

Ospreys, Turrets and Cameras are all off the ground so cannot be stealth attacked with melee.

Hi tenno, my main equip is: Paris, Aklato, Dual Heat Swords. And I have Loki and Ash.
You can give me a tip for a best equip in stealth gameplay? Specially for melee. 

Thanks!

PS: The "Stealth kill" stack with which stat? (ex. Charge Attack, Normal Damage, ecc..)

Starting to wonder if people are even reading the full post, as this is something I've also been wondering about.