Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Idea) Rabia [Chainsaw Blade]

Jobocite

Story:

Using grineer technology, a weapon creator known  as the "Forger", created the blueprints for the Zumbido, a normal sword that has a blade that spins like a buzzsaw. Only complaints he has had from his customers were issues regarding stealth, and multiple accidents when accidentally activating it while it was sheathed. This weapon has mostly been used by Tenno to take down the armored enemies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats:

Mastery Level: 3

Base Damage: 50

Base Fire Rate: 1.00

Charge Damage: 150

Charge Speed: 1.5 Seconds

Critical Chance: 30%

Price: 175 Platinum

Blueprint Price: 20000 Credits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advantages:

Does x2 damage against armored enemies and ancients.

Charge attack can damage more than one enemy at once.

Causes staggering

Disadvantages:

Loud attack sound, not useful for stealth

Attack speed is slower than regular weapons

Charge up slows movement

Light-armored enemies have advantage when charging up attack

Edited by Dude7790

That base fire rate is... Horrible. No offence but right now I wouldn't buy this weapon, not even if you paid me to. 8D There's a few too many disadvantages to make up with the few advantages, which some other weapons already provide (Daggers do extra damage vs armoured grineer, for example. Or the Fragor).

That base fire rate is... Horrible. No offence but right now I wouldn't buy this weapon, not even if you paid me to. 8D There's a few too many disadvantages to make up with the few advantages, which some other weapons already provide (Daggers do extra damage vs armoured grineer, for example. Or the Fragor).

well name another advantage tp give or an unreasonable disavantage to take it off and I will if you're able to give a good reason. 

While the idea of a chainsword makes me really 40k nostalgic, I think its really.. really.. slow. I mean, the high base damage encourages normal attacks.. but with that fire rate, you would be better off spamming charge attacks or something. 

While the idea of a chainsword makes me really 40k nostalgic, I think its really.. really.. slow. I mean, the high base damage encourages normal attacks.. but with that fire rate, you would be better off spamming charge attacks or something. 

what attack speed do you suggest? I don't want to make an OP weapon of death and destruction :(

Would your weapon be classed as a "fist" weapon, like the Thorax? Are you going to have only one of them, or two?
Anything below 1 fire rate is unplausible, so that's your best bet - after all, two of the heavy weapons have 50 damage and 1 fire rate, so you should be alright.
(quick note: Every new released weapon is, IIRC, either 125 or 150 platinum. Why would this one be 175? :P)
As for pros/cons:
It's a CHAINSAW. I think it'd need a high(er) critical chance instead. If you see "critical" as the chance of making extra damage by, for example, tearing flesh, muscle, vital components or veins, then I think a chainsaw could do all of these very easily.
You could also put in some small extra critical damage as well. Anywhere up to 1.5x should do the trick.
This, and the speed rate balance, already makes the weapon better in my opinion.

Would your weapon be classed as a "fist" weapon, like the Thorax? Are you going to have only one of them, or two?

Anything below 1 fire rate is unplausible, so that's your best bet - after all, two of the heavy weapons have 50 damage and 1 fire rate, so you should be alright.

(quick note: Every new released weapon is, IIRC, either 125 or 150 platinum. Why would this one be 175? :P)

As for pros/cons:

It's a CHAINSAW. I think it'd need a high(er) critical chance instead. If you see "critical" as the chance of making extra damage by, for example, tearing flesh, muscle, vital components or veins, then I think a chainsaw could do all of these very easily.

You could also put in some small extra critical damage as well. Anywhere up to 1.5x should do the trick.

This, and the speed rate balance, already makes the weapon better in my opinion.

was thinking heavy weapon