Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapons Don't Attack

dralou

Had the same problem happening with different weapons, on different frames, while being on different missions. For reasons unknown, and even though they were functional at first, they suddenly stop working and I can spam the melee key as much as I want (and I did verify I was using the right key, even though, being a melee fighter, I was pretty sure it was the correct one because I use it all the time), the weapon stays stuck in a passive mode. I still can parry attacks, but that's it.

I can change my weapons the usual way, and the range weapons work just fine. But not the melee one anymore. Sometimes, they get unstuck by that change of arms, sometimes not.

On a side note, a friend's Nyx often gets stuck in her absorb bubble 'till they run out of energy, because the key command doesn't work anymore.

This problem occurs when you are knocked down while using a melee weapon, or interrupted during an attack. The camera gets stuck in the "crouching" position, which disables melee attacks for whatever reason but still allows ranged. A quick fix is to simply roll in any direction, which should force the camera back into the correct position and allow you to resume melee. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It happened  to me today in an infestate exterminate mision that appeared also the eximus corrupter lancer platoon to kill me.I was using  the melee weapon Halikar.I roled and change weapons and  I can not use melee after I was interrupted using it in a long range melee attack very annoying we need to fix that as soon as posible!