Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Random Event Should Be Revamped Now.

Bloodglory

Now that dying is dangerous and risky, doesn't the idea of the stalker seem kind of silly?

I was just doing a normal mission and looted a rare mod, and then saw the lights start flickering and basically knew death was coming.

He offers no reward, he's only there to either make you forfeit the match and give up your looted items or waste a revive. He should give a reward on death or make him less dangerous to the single player he targets.

Reward Ideas:

- He would of been a great place to loot the 'Dark Sword' blueprint from, maybe a new dark item?

- Orokin Reactors/Catalysts, they are already rare for players who don't 'Play to Win', I think this would require upping the random chance though.

- Large amount of credits, this idea is kind of silly now that missions now offer a metric-&#!-ton.

Edited by Bloodglory

If I'm not in a team, I just run away from him (put an elevator or few doors between you and him). Hell, half the time I tell my team stalker they run away and only one stays to fight.

I've found he's not worth wasting time on anyways, and is far too difficult to try and solo.

might be true.

But I dont think a orokin BP is necessary....

Maybe a random frame Bp

The event is random and small, frame blueprints already have thier definite ways of obtaining them, reactors and catalyst can only be gotten from alert missions or buying them.

He should drop his own damn blueprints. There, someone had to say it.

I thought about saying it, and as cool as it would be to have the stalker abilities, it would be hard to obtain all four blueprints from a random event. I also don't think another frame is needed.

So you can craft another excal?

A skin would be ok. But craft another excal? no....

A skin sounds neat but I never like skins because they add nothing.

I'd like to thank the alert system for having a Catalyst random item shortly after posting this :3

Edited by Bloodglory

the reward is that we survived and bragging rights if you soloed it

I don't think we have to be compensated for every challenge that comes our way

like the CIA commercials say. its about the the mission, not the recognition

That would go against their recent changes to the game to reward risk.

The problem with it is we have no choice in the matter, we either die, or fight it. If we choose to fight it, nothing is gained, Bragging rights offer nothing; nor can we ever confirm you truly killed it unless there's a recorded statistic.

CIA != Warframe

Edited by Bloodglory

The Stalker usually stalks you at the early stages of the mission, where nothing much can be gained. To me, part of his mechanics was that the reward is pure survival. Not to mention that the mechanic does not let you actually kill him, only make him fall back (bugs aside)

It is not a pure risk/reward situation anyway. The Stalker seems to be way more about a Fight or Flight response ;)

No kill = no drop ;P

IMO as it is right now adds to the uniqueness of his character and should stay as it is, I have no idea if his spawn time is actually random, or set, or whatever, but keeping it in the early part of the mission, as has been my experience, seems to be enough along with revives.

He is easy its the fun that he is dangerous, dont remove that i would rather say buff him!!!!! make him drop platnium or ability mods!!! make new ability mods BTW!!!! :)

I don't want him removed either, I like him, he just has no point, and now he's more of a problem.

Stay on topic.

The Stalker usually stalks you at the early stages of the mission, where nothing much can be gained. To me, part of his mechanics was that the reward is pure survival. Not to mention that the mechanic does not let you actually kill him, only make him fall back (bugs aside)

It is not a pure risk/reward situation anyway. The Stalker seems to be way more about a Fight or Flight response ;)

No kill = no drop ;P

IMO as it is right now adds to the uniqueness of his character and should stay as it is, I have no idea if his spawn time is actually random, or set, or whatever, but keeping it in the early part of the mission, as has been my experience, seems to be enough along with revives.

I was about half way through the mission and already looted some stuff including a rare mod when he killed me.

No, it's currently not a risk/reward, it's just a risk. But the developers said they want to reward risk, so I fail to see why he shouldn't give something.

You may want to waste your revives, but I'll use mine when they are needed, not because of a poorly thought out random event.

I'm actually curious what exactly makes him spawn, might have to dig through game files.

If the Stalker don't exist, there is no reward for beating him.

I don't think you understand the thread.

Well lemme share with you the best anecdote I heard from a special forces guy.

He was doing a recon to observe some random terrorist, and so they hide in a dark little crack in a cave, bring out their NVGs and all their tacticool gear, etc.

This jihadi comes along, thinks the cave's a great place to take a crap, drops his pants, and starts S#&$ting on them. Literally S#&$ting on them. They spend like ten minutes waiting there, silently, just being crapped on.

That's real life for you. People play war games to get away from the boring, disgusting, nasty parts of war and get to the fun bits.

Dying meaninglessly, risking your life for absolutely nothing? People play games to avoid that crap.

Wouldnt be an excal because it would have another set of skills, and potential different stats. To be honest, it could be anything.

Make the stalker a player alert mission.

Or more accurately, make a stalker appearance pop up as an alert mission, when selected you then play it you then play as the stalker (its frame, weapons & abilities).

It's like in Dark Souls, if you know you're being invaded by another person (not an AI NPC), there's something special about it even if it means losing stuff. It feels like person to person sparring, not actual all out conflict or constant co-op. Especially since I've never seen a stalker when I'm without a full crew, so 1 vs 4 is a bit set up to lose.

From the player playing the stalker then there's no real expectation that he'll win, but being able to get one or two down is nifty bragging rights.

And from a dev point of view you can give players a preview of stuff a player hasn't unlocked yet, show something to pay or grind for (like the preview events in a criterion racing game).

There should be a reward if there is all the risk.

You are absolutely right, BUT what if you are playing rhino with lvl 30 dhs' like me yesterday. I was looting a random room when screen started flickering, that was the point where I started laughing, stalker entered the room and I clicked my iron skin on and stood there hitting him with my swords until he "died". Wouldn't it be little unfair that one particular warframe can solo him with 0 skill and get the precious loot from him. Just thinking.

I was extremely disappointed to discover that the rumor of him dropping rare loot upon death was just that. Seems a wasted opportunity for a really interesting little mini-boss of sorts. The idea of a Herobryne like antagonist is still quite a rare one, and it seems a shame to discourage players from wanting to engage with him at all.

That said, I suspect DE are already well aware that he'd do better with drops of some sort, and are on their way to implementing it as we speak. 

He should drop his own damn blueprints. There, someone had to say it.

Nah, craft a Stalker!

In all seriousness, I agree that with the new measures, having a stalker kill players and make them lose all their items is a bit over the top.

<p>The problem with the stalker right now is not its strength, but the fact that he scales with the level of the player. But as your level has absolutely nothing to say about your actual fighting strengths as it does only depend upon your mods, the difficulty scaling is always of. If you have the right mods equipped, he dies withing 5 seconds (literally). If not, you are dead. The chance that his strength and your own strength determined by your mods actually match for a decent and exciting fight is very slim.</p>

The problem with the stalker right now is not its strength, but the fact that he scales with the level of the player. But as your level has absolutely nothing to say about your actual fighting strengths as it does only depend upon your mods, the difficulty scaling is always of. If you have the right mods equipped, he dies withing 5 seconds (literally). If not, you are dead. The chance that his strength and your own strength determined by your mods actually match for a decent and exciting fight is very slim.

It doesn't always level with the player, though that might be buggy? I dunno, it can't be right to face a lvl 30 stalker with a lvl 12-14 frame & weapons.

Now you mention it though, it is odd that the stalker isn't a 'down to mod load-out' clone of the player. Like a dark like fighting yourself sort of thing.