Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactor/catalyst

Toonv5

I'd love to have some ideas in this thread about improving the ways to acquire Orokin Reactors/Catalysts. Right now, they are available trough the shop (bought with Platinum), Alert missions with the "?" reward and Tier 3 login rewards.

WHY I DON'T LIKE THE CURRENT RATE

And feel free to not like me for it, but they are just a bit too rare right now to me. This ends up locking away a lot of 35-40 lvl areas for people with stuff that's all lvl 30. This means that warframes dropped in those locations (Frost in Ceres, for example) are incredibly hard/time consuming to acquire, altough frames are time-consuming to acquire anyway, due to dropchance.

HOW I THINK IT'LL IMPROVE

-Shop's just fine, Catalyst/Reactor isn't expensive at all. Altough a Mobile Payment option may be a nice addition. I have a subscribtion that adds €10 every month, a lot of it doesn't get used by the end of the month/next time credit is added. I know Steam doesn't have it for most regions, to prevent kids racking up €60 Mobile costs. But atleast make it available in another way if possible.

-Make "?" rewards more frequent or Specific drops scheduled. I found a lot of Alert missions to be just Credits and nothing else. Now, i don't know if there's still a slight chance to have it dropped during those missions, but besides the extra credits (wich really aren't needed, most of the times i'm swimming in credits), i see no point in doing these missions if they don't bear a reward.

If the drops would be more scheduled, like "More Helmet blueprint on Friday", it would also be greatly appreciated.

-Less ammo boxes in the Login Rewards. I really don't need 5 Shotgun Ammo boxes when i'm using the Braton. A heal would also be appreciated, and maybe even random Blueprints in there.

-Blueprints drop from a boss. An Orokin Cell is dropped by a boss, why can't the reactor/catalyst be dropped by a boss aswell?

Feel free to share your own ideas, Critizice my ideas or others.

If the Reactor is a potato, i'm Irish

Since even slots might be added by simply playing, I dont see why they should make one of the few things people spend money on even more easy to get. Patience is something that rewards you with a bunch of potatoes.....

Edited by Venarge

I've also thought about paying a reduced platinum cost for the blueprints. Like 5 platinum for the reactor blueprint, or just make it 100-250k credits (hell, even 1m if you want them to be rare but obtainable) for the blueprint.

Edited by VeNoM0619

But i think it locks away end-game stuff.

When a friend and me started playing this, we both decided on 2 warframes to get. I got Ash because Tyl Regor falls in the 30 range, but my friend wanted Frost, wich falls into the 35-45 range.

Besides, i'd love to fight higher-level Corpus/Grineer, since once you reach level 30 most things can be slash in half with a charged attack.

I've also thought about paying a reduced platinum cost for the blueprints. Like 5 platinum for the reactor blueprint, or just make it 100-250k credits (hell, even 1m if you want them to be rare but obtainable) for the blueprint.

Like i said in the post, i think the reactor's price is just fine. I think making the BP buyable with credits would just make it too easy aswell.

I want it to be rare, but not too rare

Like i said in the post, i think the reactor's price is just fine. I think making the BP buyable with credits would just make it too easy aswell.

I want it to be rare, but not too rare

Perhaps add a mercy system to the daily login, if you login daily for a month (or some sort of decent commitment; not even sure I could hit a month of daily logins myself honestly), and didn't find a potato of that flavor (weapon/armor) at all that month from any free source, you'll get one.

The first time I got an Orokin Catalyst from an alert mission, it had a timer of something like 6 hours. I checked the twitter a bit ago and learned that I missed one by 10 minutes because its timer was only half an hour. If alert missions with free Orokin Catalyst or Engine blueprints lasted 24 hours and as such were basically unmissable, I'd be okay with the way they are now. Instead, I feel very slightly like I've entered the Bone Zone.

I think the system right now works

yeeah sure, it would be nice to have the reactor/catalyst more frequently

but at the end of the day, its not gonna make me play warframe any less

The first time I got an Orokin Catalyst from an alert mission, it had a timer of something like 6 hours. I checked the twitter a bit ago and learned that I missed one by 10 minutes because its timer was only half an hour. If alert missions with free Orokin Catalyst or Engine blueprints lasted 24 hours and as such were basically unmissable, I'd be okay with the way they are now. Instead, I feel very slightly like I've entered the Bone Zone.

24hrs? No thank you. Some of them last 12 hours. I think thats a good time. But 24 hours o.o Nah

Funny thing about the level ranges is that they don't really mean diddly squat. Yes, higher-level enemies hurt more and are harder to kill, but as long as you're not trying to melee-only and play a little smart, it's not actually that big a deal. Two people riding level 20-30 frames shouldn't have a problem with Exta.