Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Based On Conclave Rating?

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

Sorry to make another 'matchmaking' thread, but after playing for two and a half hours last night, I got frustrated playing the tactical alert on Jupiter because the guys are so much stronger than I am.  I would frequently join squads, and spend the whole mission running behind them or catching up, following the trail of destruction in their wake.  Before they all bailed on me because I don't stack up to their gear, I saw at least one of them had triple my conclave rating, maybe even quadruple (mine was ~400 and he was ~1200-1500).  The other high-scoring player of that match was double my conclave rating

The first time I ran the Saturn boss, I didn't even SEE him or the Orokin cell he dropped.  I went into the mission, everyone zoomed ahead of me, and by the time I got there, he was dead and they were halfway to extraction.  The same thing happened when I ran the Mars boss.

I propose a new option to match-make based on conclave rating.  I don't know if the system already does this behind the scenes, but if it does, then we need to make it an explicit option.  I'd rather have my matchmaking type set to "Public[Conclave]" and then play alone than be so dramatically outclassed that I literally can't keep up.

To clarify: 

1) I know there is a solo mode, but none of my frames are equipped to do defense or mobile defense solo

2) I know that conclave rating is not a tell-all of someone's playing ability, but this could give players the option to run with people with like-minded objectives (i.e. I'm leveling weapons or I'm new) aside from the mission objective.

3) I know that it's hard enough to get matched up with a squad with the current 'public' infrastructure, but this might be ideal for the more popular missions like the tactical alerts in order to keep similarly-leveled players together and keeping the challenge and fun factor consistent.

As a melee only, no pet bringing tenno, I approve of this.

It will help me steal all the kills of equal conclave, but much less powerful Tenno. More so than I already do.

/troll

It would be cool to have matchmaking though admittedly. Especially for void runs.

Edited by Kestral9999

As a melee only, no pet bringing tenno, I approve of this.

It will help me steal all the kills of equal conclave, but much less powerful Tenno. More so than I already do.

/troll

It would be cool to have matchmaking though admittedly. Especially for void runs.

Maybe it'd be simpler to have a filter based on Mastery Rank, Mr. Gold Hunter? :P

Maybe it'd be simpler to have a filter based on Mastery Rank, Mr. Gold Hunter? :P

The problem with that is that Mastery Rank/Conclave isn't indicative of skill. No numerical value in this game is good enough to indicate the skill of a person. One could easily become Mastery 17 because they do the following:

1) Level up a weapon by taking low levels to high tiers and letting their teammates do most of the work.

2) Finish a mastery rank test.

The second one is usually indicative of "skill" - really, I find that the Mastery Rank 12 test is the best test of skill in this game, as it teaches you the most valuable lesson: kill while mobile.

In other words, while matchmaking for Conclave Rating sounds very good in theory, people need to remember that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Your Conclave is based on everything that you bring to the mission, and your Mastery Rank is based on the weapons and Warframes you have maxed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Kashiki

The problem with that is that Mastery Rank/Conclave isn't indicative of skill. No numerical value in this game is good enough to indicate the skill of a person. One could easily become Mastery 17 because they do the following:

1) Level up a weapon by taking low levels to high tiers and letting their teammates do most of the work.

2) Finish a mastery rank test.

I understand that Rank/Conclave are not inherent indicators of another player's skill, but I feel something needs to be done.  Maybe since you've played the game so long you don't recall, but playing in a squad where everyone has a prime frame (but me) and prime weapons (but me) and everything dies as soon as the doors open (I killed nothing) is no fun.  I don't WANT to be the guy in your first bullet point, but I have ended up as that guy by accident on multiple occasions.  When I'm farming bosses for Orokin cells and Neural sensors, that's fine, run ahead of me, go nuts, I'll keep up and join the next squad of superpowered badasses when you leave me.  But when I'm trying to enjoy the game for its gameplay, this model of "follow the plow" just doesn't work.

Since Warframe is not an RPG, it's impossible to matchmake based on levels.  Mods, weapons, and frames all have their own levels.  The sum total of those levels is reflected in the conclave rating, yes?  I'm not talking about skill, I'm talking about potential damage output. Yes, a grand master with conclave rank 400 will do more damage than me, but while grandmaster is melee'ing everyone, I can snipe the ones out of his range, giving it some semblance of balance.  I'm not saying it's perfect, even in theory, but it's some kind of metric as opposed to "whoever's there with an open slot."

Why,can't they only make the void a little bit easier.... i think we all know that to those who dont use money in this game, that void is just too hard for them, like maybe the first exterminate missions are easy, but the 30-40 lvl with only Rhino and not enough mods and only with a gorgon and hikou, its too hard for me, like they are too many, and when the robotic giant womans race grineer come , with the same gorgon just much higher damage, she wrecks me apart....... please i hope that they change this problem!