The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Problem With Resolution Stuck At 1920X1080

Peldain

Until recently I have had no problems with this game. My res was set at 1280x720 and I had no issues now however the game still reports the res is 1280x720 but my screen is only showing a 10 inch box in stead of full screen as it used to be. I have changed all the settings res and full /no border /windowed and my res is always the same 1920x1080 visually  but the screen area changes in size. at this resolution I have bad input lag and its unplayable. I have also enabled and disabled all the graphics options in and out of the game and rolled back and up dated my drivers but nothing seems to work. I would be grateful for any ideas.

My system:

Acer Aspire Touch Z5801

i5-2.4Ghz

NVidia GT520 1GB

6GB DDR3

Win 7-64Bit

Edited by Peldain

Afraid so the menu says one thing but the graphics show something else I would show you a screen shot but I have no idea how sorry

basically the resolution is apparently fixed at my screens max, but the game display menu says 1280x720 but that's not what you see if you change the res in the menu. You should see a difference in the graphics, not a resize of the display area with no other affect.

Edited by Peldain

Hi

Followed the instructions in your post works well till I tried to paste in to my post it didn't paste  so I copied the links by hand hope that helps. In the images the res and settings are off and supposedly 1280x720 but they aren't as I hope you can tell 

aHnA4Ut.jpg

3eK7VwT.jpg

xLsiiGB.jpg

kqBSrl4.jpg

kqBSr14.jpg

Edited by Peldain

Yup that was a long time ago NVidia have drastically changed their control panel since 2012  that option doesn't exist anymore. I wish it did,

I've checked the panel that I have and it has many options just not that one

Edited by Peldain

yup the Intel card does have that option I've just tried it and it doesn't have any effect on the game as the game runs on the NVidia card also the issue I'm having relates to the resolution not changing regardless of adjustment in the settings menu, but which does seem to bugger up full screen mode with a 8'' box in the middle in stead of full screen and border less full screen looks great but the res is too high so I get mouse lag and you cant adjust the border less full screens resolution for some reason hence the problem

Edited by Peldain

Yeah, borderless fullscreen is known as "fake fullscreen" because it doesn't have Warframe take full control of the screen, it just scales itself up to your native res with no border and sets itself on top.

As for fullscreen, what's happening is that it's not scaling for some reason, it's using "centered timings" instead.  There should be some option to change this, but I'm not familiar with the latest nvidia/intel hybrid control panels.  You might try upgrading your drivers or googling around.

I've tried the scaling but that's only the size of the display, whether its windowed or fake full screen or full screen the scaling only alters the size /shape of the display. That's annoying but I can live with it, the problem is my system cant run at full maxed resolution and give good performance. Regardless of the display size /shape and regardless of the reported resolution in the game display settings, the resolution recently is stuck at max and wont change. Before it was at 1280x720 and my performance was great and the display was full screen, then I started the game after an up date and the display was centred and the resolution was maxed, when I tried to change the settings nothing worked but windowed /borderless still worked after a fashion but the res didn't change so performance didn't ether. When you change the resolution the picture quality changes every thing becomes bigger, the mouse pointer /reticule for example, but this isn't happening, I've tried similar changes in other games and a visible difference is obvious as well as a performance boost, which comes from a drop in the dpi required from the graphics card and up and till recently this was true of Warframe too

I'm hoping this is clear in these pictures the format is windowed mode the resolution changed in each but no visual difference occurs and no performance change ether which is not as it should be

V2rhCBk.jpg

800x600

mVUYovh.jpg

1280x720

nvwj3FM.jpg

1600x900

KHAX8AO.jpg

1920x1080

Edited by Peldain

yes I made custom resolutions and they work fine in any thing but Warframe, if I had the cash I would buy another system but I don't, also this is a recent problem so I believe its a glitch in the game settings, possibly my GPU/card is now not supported?, I really don't know what else to do