Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type: Boss Hunt

HadronVictorioso

I'm fairly certain nobody else has posted a really similar idea to this, so I'll just post it.

Boss Hunt

So, while the Tenno are doing their thing, the Lotus discovers that all the factions have managed to find and/or create weapons powerful enough to wipe out the entire system if unleashed. So naturally, she dispatches a team of highly-skilled Tenno to destroy these weapons before they can be unleashed upon the system. However, she didn't count on them being sentient...

The basic idea is that a squad of six to eight - yes, 6 to 8 (depending on the difficulty) - Tenno will hunt down a single boss that is MASSIVE and has a HUGE amount of health and/or armor (when I say massive, think 25-35 feet tall). The Tenno will fight this thing in a 6-8v1 format, although the boss would occasionally spawn smaller enemies that drop health, ammo, energy. The boss fights would have to be in a rather large, open area on a planet, and the boss would move around at a decent rate, and perhaps heal itself if it finds something it can use to do so (not fully, just a small amount - and shields and armor would be lost forever once punctured/punched through). The successful destruction of the beast would yield great rewards, in terms of credits, materials, mods, and perhaps rare blueprints.

The different factions' boss types would be something like:

Grineer - a clone of an ancient creature, powerful beyond measure, and augmented with Grineer tech.

Corpus - a new, giant robot. What else? XD

Infested - a sleeping Infested giant has awoken, sensing great power... Meaning a lot of food is nearby...

I'm mainly suggesting this as a fun new kind of mission besides the usual, because fighting millions of small enemies and the occasional extra-large minion disguised as a boss gets rather monotonous after a time.

What do you think?

Edited by HadronVictorioso

Grineer - a clone of an ancient creature, powerful beyond measure, and augmented with Grineer tech.

As much as Grineer are into cloning, a "giant clone" doesnt sound like a very entertaining boss. I think a large industrial bulldozer/ tank would be a better fit, maybe even have a Grinner torso cybernetically built into the cockpit (weak point.) (Grineer are led by the two queens, this boss could be called "The Duke".) Its found on Earth and was built as a way to clear Earth's forests (Cicero Crisis 2.0?)

Corpus - a new, giant robot. What else? XD

GOMOA- Giant Oversized Military Ostrich Android (Remake for Ambulas maybe?)

Infested - a sleeping Infested giant has awoken, sensing great power... Meaning a lot of food is nearby...

Think giant land squid w/ Hive Nodes.
Edited by Bongever