Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Difficulty Or Too Difficult Game? Mod Balance?

omegaskorpion

do you know the reason why we can kill out enemys so easy?

mods: addional 200% damage realy punches tru enemy armor/shields (and mods scale even better with good stats weapons)

Enemy balance is other thing, its not just the mods (but they have huge role in it) but AI behavior and their stats.

The problem is enemies scale terribly in this game. They're either bullet sponges, or they die instantly. There's no middle ground because every enemy runs up and tries to shoot you, and you shoot back. Otherwise you run past them to the objective.

Added on to that almost every boss is a variation of 'Guy with invulnerable phases and slow attacks'. It's not a matter of mod balance, it's a matter of enemy balance. And making enemies infinitely tougher doesn't make them more challenging or balanced, it just means players run into the first wall(no mods, high level enemies), and then the second wall of this game(good mods, good stats, over-scaled, boring enemies)

Adding negative effects to existing mods is a no go.  DE is in a position where no one will complain about a buff, but nerfs might turn people off of Warframe.  Also, you see it as "fake difficulty" by removing mods or adhering to conclave limits, I see it as activating a skull or upping the difficulty to legendary.  Seriously, that's all difficulty is in any FPS: tougher enemies, greater damage from enemies, and sometimes, more enemies as well.

Actually in some FPS's difficulty also manages how enemies attack and when, and their AI behavior.

The problem is there's nothing challenging in making the enemies harder in this game. Because there's no end goal for beating that stronger challenge beyond 'it makes me feel a bit better about my skills'. It is fake difficulty to put conclave limits, especially in events-Especially considering conclave limits made things easier rather than harder.

For example, the new tactical alert had a 700 conclave alert. Which means I stripped off powers, my sentinels weapons, my sidearm, and stripped my melee bare, then proceeded to absolutely destroy the event, because conclave ratings aren't in anyway relative to actual power.

just going to put this in

"Melee enemys

In my oppinion the melee enemys in this game are joke (exept infested)

They never give any chalenge and die almost instantly in battlefield.

In my oppinion melee enemys should be wery fast and agile, being able to combat roll and do highly damaging melee combos and block bullets.

Guardsman were good trie but they cant take much damage, so i suggest that melee enemys also have better bullet/laser resistance.

Their biggest weakness should be melee blocking.

They should be enaugh big theath to be shot first, also if they get close, we could roll to dodge their attacks or block. (dark souls fashion)"

What do you think about melee enemys and how should they be fixed?