Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Name Is Needed For This

Azloki

I believe many people are confused by the 4th additional damage - armor piercing.

People were confused because there is another property called armor ignore, and I was one of them who thought they correlated with each other.

Suggestion:

Old name: Armor piercing

New Name: Physical damage

With the new name, it falls into the category of "Elemental" damage, like fire, freeze, electrical, and poison.

I truly enjoyed playing this game and I hope can help making it better.

Thank you!

Newbies ask this 200 times per day, and this guy's getting downvoted for saying "maybe it would be cool if it was apparent that AP is actually another elemental damage add, which might be as simple as changing the name slightly"?

GJ lol

Unfortunately "physical damage" has the exact opposite connotation as "armor piercing"-one would think that physical damage would be best versus lightly armored targets and that armor would lower the damage, when armor piercing means the exact opposite (doing less damage to light armored targets and more to heavily armored ones). A name change might be good, though I can't think of an apt one.

Maybe its nothing that needs to actually get changed, but how we explain it or how its found on the wiki. It was confusing to me at the start. Perhaps we refer to weapons with the innate ability to bypass armor as "Penetrating" or "Armor Penetrating" weapons. While the mod stays as is and is a damage type that is armor piercing damage (which happens to grant armor penetration when slotted) Or perhaps on all damage mods it just gets a tagline in the mod text (damage type) or (elemental damage type).

I don't know i'm just trying to help.

I honestly didn't know armor piercing ADDED more damage until like yesterday. I thought it allowed more damage to penetrate armor instead of being mitigated.

well in a sense.. you're right. It does "allow" more damage to "penetrate" given that the weapon it's on doesn't ignore armor since its base attack would get decreased by the enemy's armor,

on another note, it still has a purpose for light armored units if you're going for max possible dps for whatever weapon (ie: normal/charge melee = steel charge, max damage mod, armor pierce + 3 elemental mods etc) it still registers/gives a 1 damage counter.

well in a sense.. you're right. It does "allow" more damage to "penetrate" given that the weapon it's on doesn't ignore armor since its base attack would get decreased by the enemy's armor,

on another note, it still has a purpose for light armored units if you're going for max possible dps for whatever weapon (ie: normal/charge melee = steel charge, max damage mod, armor pierce + 3 elemental mods etc) it still registers/gives a 1 damage counter.

Which is what I was trying to say, it added damage even for unarmored enemies.