Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Raward For Afk-Player

Schweinekaramell

There are a lot of player who just enter an alert mission and do nothing - just stand there and/or dying (of course this happens in normals missions too).

I don't want to do the work for thoose so I kick them mostly or switching in another squad if the host is afk. But I know other player will join their suqad and finish the mission so the afk player will always get what they want.

I think this will end if Warframe has a negative reward system. Maybe the double of the credits reward of the mission for all player who didn't move a lot or did no damage.

Make it require the votes of all other squad members though.

and what if there are only 2 people in the squad?

i'd suggest a 'report for AFK' quick button, and if it was pressed, the host will send the required information to DE, or they could even autoban them for 1 day if he is really AFK

I think the game should just detect if a player is inactive for a certain period of time and autokick them (maybe not in private lobbies). I've seen players just think they were leaving for three minutes and then getting sucked up in something else, and I think it would be too harsh to punish them for that. At the same time, the rest of the cell shouldn't be bogged down by dead weight.

Ok ok, autokick for AFKers is no good - some defense missions are long and I sometimes have to BRB for 2 minutes. In this case I politely inform my comrades that "I will be back in 2 minutes, please don't revive me if I die".

But, I would love to see vote for kick - all must agree to kick someone out. I am sure that would work well. Teams are small enough to behave correct and not to tolerate evident AFKer.

Vote to kick only works for 4 players in a mission, and on top of that is easily abused. I had an idea that I've been considering submitting. I call it "Specter Mode", Basically it would work by: Using the specter AI that's already in the game that is compatible with all warframes, There would be a BRB button, like left4dead2. That would allow the specter AI to take over a players warframe for up to 3 minutes of MP gameplay. Specters would also be able to open MP doors. It would only be usable by one person at a time and would be only earned by completing 5 missions before use. And each availability would only last 12 hours before expiry. On top of that, people playing a mission solo would be able to pause the game, which in turn make them unavailable to join. And then the AFK auto-boot after 2 minutes would be justified.

and what if there are only 2 people in the squad?

i'd suggest a 'report for AFK' quick button, and if it was pressed, the host will send the required information to DE, or they could even autoban them for 1 day if he is really AFK

if there are 2 people afk then just leave

Maybe I am in the lucky minority, but I don't think I have ever suffered from a teammate going AFK unannounced for an extended (or consequential) amount of time.

The few times (like under 5) that I have experienced someone going AFK, they politely announce that fact, and return in a timely fashion.  Anyone looking to be gone longer than a trip to the fridge or bathroom should be courteous enough to drop themselves form the mission.

But as this is "a topic", there must be a lot of this AFK happening. So maybe a vote action after non activity is required.  If a message of "going to the bathroom" was posted to the team by the player in question, the team would most likely NOT vote that person out if its been only 2 minutes.  But after 5 minutes - yeah, the option to boot would be nice.

Sorry this is happening so much.  I really don't experience it (fortunately.)

Maybe I am in the lucky minority, but I don't think I have ever suffered from a teammate going AFK unannounced for an extended (or consequential) amount of time.

-snip-

Sorry this is happening so much.  I really don't experience it (fortunately.)

I am unfortunately one of those people who tend to find alot of AFK'ers in game. I don't have a problem with the BRB bathroom break people. For me it's the people who start a mission and go AFK to grief, or because they expect people to do the mission for them. It wouldn't even be so bad if it weren't for the 2 man doors. You have the choice of hope they come back, or quit the mission and get a negative mark on your record. I tend to wait a couple of minutes, then message them, then I leave.