Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Of The Bullet Sponge Bosses!

LordStrega

Hey guys Strega here new warframe player and glad to introduce myself to this community! Anyway I have an Idea that will help counter how easy boss fights are. I know it would be a difficult thing to do right now!, but I'm proposing bosses that drop exceedingly rare items should have special "mechanics" that you have to know. For instance I've been playing for 3 days and I killed the Derelic assassination bosos. It was way to easy with my nova to slow him down and take aim. But what if the bosses had special skills?

Some of the skills and abilities I propose bosses having are as followed!

Clear Debuff: Clears all ailments to the boss, ex slows and elemental debuffs

Stomp: Boss his the ground with such force you have to jump or it inflicts so much dmg it could practically kill you AND your whole team. And don't just make it 1 stomp make it do multiples based on an RNG!

Confusion: Boss causes your WASD to go inverted for a breif period of time

Special buffs: Something that make the boss even more of a bad &#! some buffs that make you scared of him like super armor buff or dmg buff or elemental resistance buff

AoE Debuffs: Give bosses slows the poison is nice but I feel like it's just not enough to make the fights interactive.

And please remember guys bosses are SUPPOSED to be hard you shouldn't be able to stand in 1 spot and soak your Soma into it.

Make people design teams for this and set it up as a risk vs reward type thing.

These boss fights are way to dull and I feel that if you can spruce it up with some things that if the party doesn't know what to do THEY GET WIPED. 

Make it so you can't revive in certain assassinations! that would really make a value on some targets.

Oh and above all guys! DON'T LEAK THE MECHANICS :D 

As the Devs you guys shouldn't make guides on how to beat the bosses. It should be the gammers job to figure out how to do. Yes other gamers will leak it when they learn it but still Make it a real challenge for the players. Don't hold back!

I played this game called dragon nest where this one dragon boss you had to have your team do different things at the exact same time or the whole party would die. no if's ands or buts and you couldn't revive so time to start over! Yes it gets frustrating, but would you guys play games that just hand everything to you and you go 1 shot everything?

I fought Lephantis at rank 3 yes I had op people but I feel like it was way to easy to be a secret weapon of the void. When I say stomp I don't mean knock you down. I mean shatter the earth beneath your feet dragging you down into the depths of hell making you happy you had that 1k shield so you could live with 20hp kind of stomps something that does serious dmg and is something WORTH avoiding.

I think the devs need to not be afraid to make bosses TO HARD Make it skill intesive though With alot of hp and a sustainable amount of dmg Make a boss that you can survive with an unranked warframe if you know what you are doing but die with an 1800 cc frame if you don't

Edited by LordStrega

They are working on making the boss fights more unique.

I'm trying to throw out Idea's for them to make the game hard. Nekros had a chance to be a REALLY rare frame if Lephantis wasn't as easy Vauban seems to be the most rare frame and that's because he's alert based and un-tradeable but with the next frame they come out with they could design a boss so intense that unless you got the plat he's super rare.

I kinda agree with you on Lephantis. The first time my crew ran it, we didn't know what to expect, so it turned into a half hour slugging match. Last week I went with some randoms from recruiting chat, and we ran him 7 times in under an hour. Once you know what you're doing, it's easy to burst him down. 

You've never fought Vay Hek, have you?

Most aggravating, cheap, frustration-inducing boss ever. You got him to low health? Too bad! He found a Butcher you failed to kill and now has all his health back. Good luck!

Actually, Vay Hek (and any other boss in Warframe) is easy if you know one simple rule - do not go on boss hunting with high conclave, ever.

Try to lower your conclave to around 700, max 1000. Do that, and boss is just a slightly higher level enemy, around lvl 35. Go with your regular super-duper golden rhino, boltor super prime, secondary golden akstilletos, melee and full power sentinel (around 1700 conlcave) and you will have a boss lvl 65... I don't have to explain that you'll waste 40 minutes of your time on that fight, if you ever win it.

but with the next frame they come out with they could design a boss so intense that unless you got the plat he's super rare.

I'm all for tough bosses but super rare as in?  5000 grindwalls to get the warframe?  Or just that the boss, anyone can access, is super difficult?

The last thing we need is a warframe hidden behind even more grind/RNG walls than Hydroid.

I'm all for tough bosses but super rare as in?  5000 grindwalls to get the warframe?  Or just that the boss, anyone can access, is super difficult?

The last thing we need is a warframe hidden behind even more grind/RNG walls than Hydroid.

You bring up a good point but I'm aiming in the direction that you were pointing to that was more positive. Make a boss so hard that it takes a group of skilled players HIGHLY skilled players to beat not 100% drop chance but a challenge so gruling you may need 3 days to get 1 piece of this rare frame because 1 person dun screwed up and killed your party 6 times (be in mind that said person would probably be kicked)

Make it like a 10% drop chance so 1/10 missions you should get a piece or even 20% BUT the hard part is beating the mission