Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have A Dream Too! (Now Expanded To General Ash Ability Bugs)

ROSING

Ok, so since DE actually responded to a Bladestorm bug thread but the thread was not helpful at all because it didn't say anything specific and ultimately locked, my dream is that we'll get another dev response to these bugs. Feel free to add your own bladestorm problems as well.

1. Bladestorm disables teleport finishers as clients

First and foremost, this is an example in the general bug reports guidelines, and has been an issue ever since bladestorm got it's buff, and it's really getting old and irritable now, so pardon if I get salty on this one.

I tested it out a few weeks ago and it's still there. Teleport Finishers aren't disabled if you are host, but if you're a client after the first bladestrom you are unable to perform the finisher. Enemies still stagger but you cannot take them down stylishly. I was able to suddenly do teleport finishers after casting a few more bladestorms, but ultimately I couldn't tell you what allowed me to cast them again; preferrably, I should be able to perform them no matter how many bladestorms I do. I want to use both skills interchangeably and frequently in the same mission.

2. Ash does not do animations during bladestorm as clients

So occasionally when I am client and I run bladestorm Ash will not perform the animations for it; instead he'll just stand there. His target will certainly do the animations, flailing around being stabbed by an invisible ninja (which is supposed to be smokescreens function :T) but Ash will stand still. He does this seemingly every other target; the other times he performs the animations. Not as game breaking as the previous glitch, but hey, while I'm at it I might as well log this one too. I can definitely say it's a client side issue.

3. Ash cannot target objects with things obstructing them (Shield lancer, cosmetics on warframes)

I knew we couldn't teleport to shield lancers if we targeted their shield, and maybe that's not much of an issue, but if I had a credit for every time I tried to teleport to another tenno and I couldn't, I'd be able to do 100 transmutations a day. Apparently this has to do with the cosmetic items on a warframe (syandana, armor, etc) getting in the way of the teleporting targeter--hence a target obstructed when you try to meet up with your buddy at extraction. Credits to Raithon07 to showing me this issue.

Hope this helps, hope the (new) dream lives on.

Edited by ROSING

sometimes teleport is hit or miss anyways depending on the trajectory of you vs the enemy after your teleport, are you positive that it is bladestorm when a client that is causing this?  (Just asking, because I love Ash, and I have been trying to pinpoint what causes this as well).

As far as no animations happening, this is also hit or miss for me whether I am the host or client, it seems to be connection related.  Also, sometimes I can see my clones clearly, sometimes I can't see them at all.  (Not dependent on energy color I don't think).  I am very curious about this as well though, so any feedback from some fellow Ash lovers would be awesome, as I will put this in my Bug thread if I can precisely narrow down what is causing this and provide a precise reproduction process of the issues.  (Actually logging on pc for a minute to test it out right now with several other things - If anyone wants to help me and doesn't mind failing a few missions to switch from client to host, PM me in game on PC @ Crackle2012)

"Evil Laugh"  I'm going to MAKE them fix it!!!!! "End Evil laugh"  

sometimes teleport is hit or miss anyways depending on the trajectory of you vs the enemy after your teleport, are you positive that it is bladestorm when a client that is causing this?  (Just asking, because I love Ash, and I have been trying to pinpoint what causes this as well).

As far as no animations happening, this is also hit or miss for me whether I am the host or client, it seems to be connection related.  Also, sometimes I can see my clones clearly, sometimes I can't see them at all.  (Not dependent on energy color I don't think).  I am very curious about this as well though, so any feedback from some fellow Ash lovers would be awesome, as I will put this in my Bug thread if I can precisely narrow down what is causing this and provide a precise reproduction process of the issues.  (Actually logging on pc for a minute to test it out right now with several other things - If anyone wants to help me and doesn't mind failing a few missions to switch from client to host, PM me in game on PC @ Crackle2012)

"Evil Laugh"  I'm going to MAKE them fix it!!!!! "End Evil laugh"  

I took Ash to a survival mission and teleported and bladestormed the hell out of some grineer. I made sure to teleport and finisher several times before casting the first bladestorm, then teleported again afterwards several times, then ran another bladestorm, then more teleports. Several times when it was disabled I made sure to stand directly in front of the grineer or directly behind it and waiting a little to make sure I wasn't too early before pressing E. The guy died. But not in the way I wanted him to. For me at least, I'm fairly certain bladestorm is the culprit. Not entirely sure why, but that's how it is.

I took Ash to a survival mission and teleported and bladestormed the hell out of some grineer. I made sure to teleport and finisher several times before casting the first bladestorm, then teleported again afterwards several times, then ran another bladestorm, then more teleports. Several times when it was disabled I made sure to stand directly in front of the grineer or directly behind it and waiting a little to make sure I wasn't too early before pressing E. The guy died. But not in the way I wanted him to. For me at least, I'm fairly certain bladestorm is the culprit. Not entirely sure why, but that's how it is.

This is exactly what is happening to me also on PC and PS4, I'm wondering if there is a certain enemy bladestorm is hitting that is causing it.

Gawd i hope you guys narrow it down. anything i can do to help let me know. i loves me ash too. The target logic on ash is pretty silly too. i cant teleport to anything with extra bits on it, or bladestorm, or shuriken. sheild grineer toting guys just cant unless i flank them, any tenno with a decent amount of cosmetic bits on i cant teleport to. id like to know if this was intended or a glitch? seems kind of silly to punish people for spending platnum. (YOU DECKED YOURSELF OUT WITH A SYDANA AND ARMOR SET!? NO ASH CANT RESCUE YOU EVAR!)

Gawd i hope you guys narrow it down. anything i can do to help let me know. i loves me ash too. The target logic on ash is pretty silly too. i cant teleport to anything with extra bits on it, or bladestorm, or shuriken. sheild grineer toting guys just cant unless i flank them, any tenno with a decent amount of cosmetic bits on i cant teleport to. id like to know if this was intended or a glitch? seems kind of silly to punish people for spending platnum. (YOU DECKED YOURSELF OUT WITH A SYDANA AND ARMOR SET!? NO ASH CANT RESCUE YOU EVAR!)

wow I wasn't aware of cosmetics blocking teleport,  I was aware of shields (I believe anything obstructed is intended, so I can see shields being intended)  But not another player because of cosmetics.

hey guys, i can confirm as well that bladestorm is causing fishers (teleport) not to work as client. also that most of the times, when client, bladestorm animations would fail. this is increased by lag. sometimes it even let me shoot while bladestorming, or ash continues a reload animations if it started before bladestorm.

i agree, teleport and bladestorm targeting should be reviwed, but shurikens, oh boy those have been working so wrong lately. i would aim and cast shurikens to a flying dron right infront of me and the shurikens would go BACKWARDS!

so, in general, all 3 abilities should be looked at in terms of targeting.

As a side note. would love to teleport to excavators and interception consoles/devices.

Oh THAT's why I can't teleport to some tenno? Logging that in as well!

Just got done with about a 30 minute Excavation on Earth in which I was the client.  I was using Ash in Agile Stance with the Glaive, Vectis, and AkLatos.

I was indeed able to stealth kill after teleporting as the client- even after pulling out the scanner, scanning a threshcone, and switching between each weapon -- killing something, slam attacking etc... then teleporting to the next with pistols --- stealth kill worked, with melee equipped, it worked, with primary equipped, it worked.

NOTE:  It was a bit wonky when it did work, the timing had to be exactly right.  As sometimes the latency would make them stagger a second after i teleported to them.   I even did it with a Excavation Power regen in my hand- and it worked.  

After 1 bladestorm, with my Aklatos equipped (my first bladestorm of the game)  I killed several grineer on earth.  I was then no longer able to teleport and then Stealth kill, period... whatsoever, I tried everything, esc menu up and back, putting a power core in, slam attacking.. blade storming again with each weapon equipped.  Bladestorming again with a power cell in hand.  The bladestorms were flawless, but for the entire mission after the first bladestorm, no matter my timing, no matter my positioning, a stealth kill was not happening after a teleport.  (Even revived a teammate to see if that would fix it.)  The only thing I didn't try was bleeding out and using a revive, as my team kept reviving me.  

another Note:  My sentinal died almost RIGHT after my 1st bladestorm and I am wondering if this has something to do with it at this point.  As reviving would bring it back to life, and I am assuming reset the stealth kills... can anyone confirm or deconfirm this?  (IE.  Anyone ever had this problem with no sentinal equipped, or a kubrow equipped instead?)

EDIT:  Also, I tried as the Host before this in an exterminate and I was able to stealth kill before and after bladestorm (my sentinal did not die though)  & I was definitely able to teleport through cosmetics on a teamate as the Client, the only thing that blocked me from teleporting once was the power cell on the back of one of the power cell carrying Grineer.

Just got done with about a 30 minute Excavation on Earth in which I was the client.  I was using Ash in Agile Stance with the Glaive, Vectis, and AkLatos.

I was indeed able to stealth kill after teleporting as the client- even after pulling out the scanner, scanning a threshcone, and switching between each weapon -- killing something, slam attacking etc... then teleporting to the next with pistols --- stealth kill worked, with melee equipped, it worked, with primary equipped, it worked.

NOTE:  It was a bit wonky when it did work, the timing had to be exactly right.  As sometimes the latency would make them stagger a second after i teleported to them.   I even did it with a Excavation Power regen in my hand- and it worked.  

After 1 bladestorm, with my Aklatos equipped (my first bladestorm of the game)  I killed several grineer on earth.  I was then no longer able to teleport and then Stealth kill, period... whatsoever, I tried everything, esc menu up and back, putting a power core in, slam attacking.. blade storming again with each weapon equipped.  Bladestorming again with a power cell in hand.  The bladestorms were flawless, but for the entire mission after the first bladestorm, no matter my timing, no matter my positioning, a stealth kill was not happening after a teleport.  (Even revived a teammate to see if that would fix it.)  The only thing I didn't try was bleeding out and using a revive, as my team kept reviving me.  

another Note:  My sentinal died almost RIGHT after my 1st bladestorm and I am wondering if this has something to do with it at this point.  As reviving would bring it back to life, and I am assuming reset the stealth kills... can anyone confirm or deconfirm this?  (IE.  Anyone ever had this problem with no sentinal equipped, or a kubrow equipped instead?)

EDIT:  Also, I tried as the Host before this in an exterminate and I was able to stealth kill before and after bladestorm (my sentinal did not die though)  & I was definitely able to teleport through cosmetics on a teamate as the Client, the only thing that blocked me from teleporting once was the power cell on the back of one of the power cell carrying Grineer.

I can tell you now it's probably not your sentinel. My buddy was still floating above my head the whole way through, teleport finisher or no.