Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Kicking Privilege

Orav_94

Didn't know where to post this so I went General.

I was wondering why the host doesn't have a kick option in order to kick afk people from the squad / kick 1rank 1 people who PM you "invite me" when you are recruiting for T4 missions...

I suppose it's been brought up at least once but couldn't find anything on it.

I think host should be able to kick someone in the lobby screen, before the mission starts. For example you recruit people for T4 survival, want to make a long run but then joins someone with MR1 and you either struggle for the entire mission to keep him alive and leave faster or cancel the lobby and invite people again.

Party leader should be allowed to kick.

Vote kicking will reduce this game to the pile of fetid S#&$ that Left 4 Dead and its sequel have become where people "troll" by votekicking everyone and nobody gets to play.

Only 1 person in the party should have the power to remove individuals.

And on-topic;

What's unfair in giving the host the ability to decide which people he should be hosting?

Of course, I can leave the squad and make a new one, but what if I already got 2 people that I want? it's just too inconvenient..

Just today I got stuck on a mission for 20 minutes because one guy was afk and the other one was a valkyr and pulled me with his whip from the finish line every time the countdown reached 10 secs so it reset.

If I had a kick option, I would have been able to avoid HIS trolling,

It seems a little pretentious to say it wouldn't be "fair", after all, the host is supposed to have that ability to host the game better for everyone.

If the function would be abused people could report it, though I bet it would do more good than harm.

Anyway, if anyone is reading this post at DE, I suggest you implement it or at least explain why not to beyond saying "It's not fair", 

While in the forums, don't use the quick search, use the "advanced search", I just did and there's 22 results for a vague search of "vote+kick".

Good to know. Anyway, my suggestion is to give the host the option, not the entire squad, as that would induce "trolling", as said above. 

And on-topic;

What's unfair in giving the host the ability to decide which people he should be hosting?

Of course, I can leave the squad and make a new one, but what if I already got 2 people that I want? it's just too inconvenient..

Just today I got stuck on a mission for 20 minutes because one guy was afk and the other one was a valkyr and pulled me with his whip from the finish line every time the countdown reached 10 secs so it reset.

If I had a kick option, I would have been able to avoid HIS trolling,

It seems a little pretentious to say it wouldn't be "fair", after all, the host is supposed to have that ability to host the game better for everyone.

If the function would be abused people could report it, though I bet it would do more good than harm.

Anyway, if anyone is reading this post at DE, I suggest you implement it or at least explain why not to beyond saying "It's not fair", 

DE did give a reason.  They said it would lead to abusive situations that they do not want in their game or want to become the source of it.