Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ragdoll, Or Stretch Armstrong?

ValhaHazred

So this weird looking thing happened. I can only assume it's the ragdoll physics screwing up.

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/1063/2013042000001.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/6317/2013042000002.jpg

Edited by ValhaHazred

Happens regular for me if i shoot enemys near walls/doors/stairs with the boltor, also can confirm this when an enemy dies in a doorway: door closes = stretch armstrong

Same here. For a moment, I thought I was playing Garrys Mod/ Half Life 2 saga games and had nailed an enemy one too many times with the crossbow...

YOU MUST TRY IT! 

Noticed this too. Enemy dies in a doorway and the mesh goes nuts when the door closes. Also, the door sticks part of the way open sometimes when this happens, but not always.

Other times, the mesh doesn't go all gumby (at least on the visible side to me) but is in the door as if there were no collision with the door and the mesh, but there is with the floor.

Seen a similar bug in the Jedi Knight series with deformation like this where the ragdoll would stick to the environment and stretch/twist like the normals were messed up or something. I don't think they ever fixed it, but they tried. Their solution seemed to be having the doors squish on the hit-box and push the mesh out of the doorway, but that A) didn't always work, and B) didn't prevent it from happening elsewhere in the environment. It did make for some good laughs as ragdoll stormtroopers flew around after having doors and stuff close on them =P

The "easy" solution might be to have the door stay open until the mesh is no longer present, but that only addresses the doors and not other potential moving stuff that may cause the same thing down the road (assuming it's a bigger issue in the ragdoll like it was for JK).