Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Really Sick Of The Double Missions.....

WARLOCKE

I love this game, 200 hours logged since the steam open beta release. However, one thing that is starting to kill me are these double missions. I think it the "oh look, more stuff on the ship, get it done slave boy" routine adds nothing to the game and only presents a negative. If you got paid for the extra objective that is one thing, but you do not. All it does is extend a mission to sometimes triple its original time frame.

I also play solo mostly, so the outer system runs turn into a survival horror game instead of a action shooter. At times I have been at 100 or less health, almost no ammo, items used and I would complete the mission, but ms. whip cracker wants me to go be a good boy and fetch 4 data suitcases for her. Which, ruins my chances of completion. Now this does not happen often, but when it does it sends me into a nerd rage/quit. Well, not really, but it does irk me. And after 5 double missions in a row im ready to log out for the day/night.

Anyone else feel this way or am I a giant baby? What purpose do these double missions serve? Do you find them fun? How would people feel if they were turned off for solo players? Lets hear it.

+1 for you brother. i had to do a triple objective mission, but hey, more enemies to kill LOL.

i agree that we should also get paid more for these double to triple objective missions since we were only "briefed" before the mission that we only had that objective to do lol.

I reiterate my suggestion of having mission extensions be optional. You should get to pick whether or not to take on the new objective, or stick with the old one. 

Cash bonuses for each additional objective would be nice though.

if you are farming banshee parts (systems on spy - as it seems to work) it's horrible to get that - no wait, screw this - kill everyone. it takes forever and your pistols are just not up for it

You do realize that you don't have to keep holding the datamass if the missiontype gets switched to Exterminate?

Personally, I like the random mission changes and extensions.  Keeps the game and my play experience adaptive and fresh, and like having the stalker show up, keeps me on my toes and reacting to new stuff.

I can understand where it gets a bit annoying in certain cases but overall, I think it adds a great deal more than it subtracts.