Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not For Mac?

theFOXWOLFZ

I downloaded this on my mac but it won't let me launch it. it says corrupted data

I am generally a Mac user who works primarily in Windows... although I'll be needing some of that Linux touch soon.

So without that *assery* of 'some' people... Warframe is a Windows only game. It is an Executable (.exe) and uses DirectX for rendering. You will need to obtain a copy of Windows (XP minimum) and use the BootCamp utility in the utilities folder to aid you in creating a Partition to boot up as Windows instead of OSX. Do not think about trying to use a virtual machine like Parallels or VMWare. Neither will give you the hardware access that Warframe requires.

What Mac are you using (if you don't know go to the Apple in the upper left and do 'About this Mac')? Model and processor type/speed will help. If you are using a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacMini don't even bother. They will not run any high end game, even ones made native for Mac.

Generally you really should check the requirements of any software before downloading it. The little windows icon, and only seeing the windows icon, is your clue that it is note for Mac.

Hit me on PMs if you need further Mac to Windows assistance. 

Edited by Brasten