Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we have a mode for us difficulty masochists?

Mortarion

Sometimes hard just isn't hard enough. Could get a very difficult mode? Maybe something like the Horde mode styles some games have, except difficult from the get go. Like maybe a wave of 30 Ancient Disrupters all at once, or 50 Shield Grineers, or 40 Gorgon Heavies or 4 Jackals XD. Then we would have to survive 15 rounds like that and have a reward scaled on how many waves cleared. I think it would be a very nice endgame for those who want to see how powerful they are.

Edited by Mortarion

Like that ~

Harder waves stages.

But rewards scaled on how many waves you cleared looks bad to me, cause it will be a really easy way to farm (to veteran players)

I guess a infinite wave stage with a drop % that increase each wave and get more items to drop 10 in 10 waves looks better ~

And, of couse, insanity difficult xD

Like that ~

Harder waves stages.

But rewards scaled on how many waves you cleared looks bad to me, cause it will be a really easy way to farm (to veteran players)

I guess a infinite wave stage with a drop % that increase each wave and get more items to drop 10 in 10 waves looks better ~

And, of couse, insanity difficult xD

I approve of this method.

Might I add most of the framework is in place? We already have wave based missions, so it wouldn't be hard to change the enemy composition. All that needs to be done is a proper reward scheme. Vethis had a good idea with % droppage increasing with each successive wave defeated.

Would need to be something that isn't just "Put more bullets in me because I have a giant health pool".

I would like this as long as it doesn't turn enemies into bullet sponges.

Of course. Methinks that special nonstandard abilities should be added to the enemies along with general health and damage upgrades.

Of course. Methinks that special nonstandard abilities should be added to the enemies along with general health and damage upgrades.

I'd like the health to stay the same. Give them a smarter or more aggressive AI, new abilities, higher damage, and maybe a few special enemies that only spawn in hard mode. Like a new heavy Grineer that can create a shield like some bosses do or something like that. A smarter AI would know they can hide behind that shield to make it harder for you to hit them. Edited by TinyRaccoon

They don't need to need to implement another difficulty mode, they just need to balance the difficulty of the missions to include a wider range of challenge. I think the difficulty of really high level missions should increase at a more exponential rate to provide a challenge for even the most masochistic player and really demand perfect cooperation between the different warframes to complete.

Edited by Sealgaire

Would need to be something that isn't just "Put more bullets in me because I have a giant health pool".

I agree. Difficult does necessarily imply a challenge or something that requires abstract thinking or skill. It can mean tedious. I think what Warframe needs is better described as challenging complex enemies.

I will say at some point though many enemies just have dead accurate aim and that makes the game pretty boring because when the going gets tough I just sit the majority of my character at a left facing wall using the right side to leave a tiny portion of my body exposed to pick off enemies. There's no reason to use all the fancy moves and speed when sitting behind cover is far more effective and going out will just get you killed regardless of skill because the enemies will instantly lock on to you and kill you no matter how many cool moves you do. When stuff hits the fan the only use of speed is to move to the next cover point when you get surrounded. Enemies can see you through cover and will train you through cover, that is a major major major issue. You can't make moves that would normally be blind to your opponent like in PvP games or for instance Paintball.

tl;dr: Difficult combat in Warframe devolves into corner camping and snap shooting because of the way the AI is programmed.

Edited by MegatechBody

Maybe we can face mini bosses, not like a heavy weapon enemy, that just have more health and damage. Something like the Venus boss, i think everyone agreeds that he is the best fight in the game, shot in his leg to make he fall and then use skills and shot him until he stand up again. This strategy is something i really miss in the game, actually in boss fights or we do a Hit KO with Volt skill or everyone stay Jumping and stunning with the sword and shooting the boss.

And i agreed with the difficulty balance in the game, Pluto is meant to be the hardest planet in the game, but the change in the difficult is so... small, that is hard to notice, the only difficult in Pluto is the boss, only if you havent a Volt in your team.

Volt can HitKO the boss.

The Boss kill you in seconds.

Just balanced the planet difficult, make stages harder and make the bosses more strategy like.

I think a good wave setup would be like:

Wave 1: 10 Gorgon Heavies, 5 Rocket Heavies, 5 Napalm heavies. All rockets now have a knockdown effect.

Wave 2: 30 Ancient Disrupters, 60 Runners and 60 Pukers. Runners now have the ability to leap and explode in your face.

Wave 3: 40 Railgun MOAs, 50 Regular MOAs, 20 Shockwave MOAs, 40 of the Shield Leach drones >=)

Also let me clarify, all the enemies come at once.

Edited by Mortarion