Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help And Suggestions With Some Of My Builds

GinKenshin

Question

Hi Tenno :3

as of late, I'm starting to watch a lot of videos about weapons and their builds, and also checking out a lot of builds in the WF builder, so I'm trying to reach the full potential of my weapons,  basically how I play my weapons is this way:

3 primary, 3 secondary, 3 melee, fun and utility weapons (still searching) 

currently I'm looking for slash and impact secondary weapon, so I just use the despair with faction load out

the primary/secondary/melee are weapons for slash, impact and puncture 

for my anti grineer puncture load out, I go with latron prime, despair and fang prime (all radiation and viral/cold/heat)

for my anti corpus impact load out, I go with the Cernos, despair (for future I'd go with corpus build twin gremlins) and ankyros prime (all magnetic and if I had a slot toxin too) 

for my anti infested slash I go with braton p, despair (for future I'd go with Embolist) and the Dragon Nikana (basically fire, working on builds for ancients) 

for fun weapons, I go with ignis (fire and dmg build), I use it in Eris with mirage and if I want to let go and relax (only with infested) 

these are my weapons that I played, liked and gonna use for the rest of my battles in Warframe

after getting the basic idea of my weapon mentality, here's the stuff that I need help with:

latron prime: I have a max heavy caliber, I love the dmg but not really a fan of bad accuracy, should I just go with it or get a lower rank heavy caliber, and if that, what HC rank should I go with?

Ignis: I pretty much nailed the build, from dmg, firestorm and the fire mods, I just need to know is it worth buying thermite rounds (fire+status) or just go with bane 

braton prime: this is my current build for it 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton_prime/t_30_22232000_132-2-5-137-1-10-140-4-5-150-0-10-153-5-2-159-7-5-163-6-3-361-3-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-361-6-140-5-153-8-163-9-159-9/en/2-0-3/31238/0

since I'll get the Embolist for light infested, I'd like an anti ancient build for my braton p

Dragon Nikana: this is my berserker build, high dmg, high speed and good crit build

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Dragon_nikana/t_30_222200002_224-4-5-226-3-5-228-5-5-243-7-3-244-2-5-247-0-5-326-8-3-327-1-3-360-6-5_247-5-327-4-244-5-226-5-224-9-228-7-360-11-243-9-326-10/en/4-0-53/31239/0

I want a good ancient build, should I just stay with my current build or should I focus on corrosive instead?

Cernos: I'm a bit worried about this build 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Cernos/t_30_22230200_131-7-5-132-2-5-137-1-10-140-5-5-141-3-5-146-6-4-150-0-10-159-4-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-141-6-159-9-140-5-146-8-131-9/en/2-0-25/31240/0

I tried getting it to always crit, but it feels weird to me, I really want help with it, plus the same dilemma as the latron prime.....HC yes or no? 

I'd really appreciate help and suggestions with these questions and build, so I can take out the enemies of the Lotus and Tenno better

thank you ^^

note: please don't post about choosing different weapons and such, I already made my mind 

7 answers to this question

Currently I'm looking for slash and impact secondary weapon, so I just use the despair with faction load out

AkMagnus and AkVastos IMO.

the primary/secondary/melee are weapons for slash, impact and puncture 

Too many to choose from, but I will say that the whips seem to be the most versatile. Very large multi-hit quick melee areas. Good single and AoE attacks in the combos. The animations can make them feel a little on the slow side so I tend not to do Spoiled Strike unless I"m leveling them vs enemies I plan to kill in one hit and I need the damage cheaply.

for my anti grineer puncture load out, I go with latron prime, despair and fang prime (all radiation and viral/cold/heat)

for my anti corpus impact load out, I go with the Cernos, despair (for future I'd go with corpus build twin gremlins) and ankyros prime (all magnetic and if I had a slot toxin too) 

for my anti infested slash I go with braton p, despair (for future I'd go with Embolist) and the Dragon Nikana (basically fire, working on builds for ancients) 

Swap one anti-Grineer weapon to Corrosive for killing ferrite-armored eximus and Heavy Gunners in difficult missions. The Damage 2.0 table also includes "Grineer Machine" which is not really noticeable right now but could be a thing one day. Be ready with a blast loadout.

EDIT--

Below you talk about Latron Prime. I suggest max HC because I don't like it as a headshot gun (inconsistency from shot to shot). If you follow that suggestion then make sure to put punch-through on it as well (Shred) if you make it your corrosive weapon, for shooting through Shield Lancer's riot shields.

Swap one anti-Corpus weapon to Radiation+Viral for shooting bosses. Their bosses use Alloy Armor which is vulnerable to radiation and cold but makes th em very resistant to electric and magnetic. If you have a Mag on the team using Shield Polarize, the Viral+Rad will perform much better on enemies without shields, too.

For infested, I find a good overall strategy is to use a gas melee weapon to kill the little stuff with quick melee attacks, while holding a corrosive pistol with accuracy enough to shoot ancients in the face with from outside their attack range. The third weapon could be a corrosive backup or Rad+Cold again for bosses (currently only Phorid) or a good AoE weapon for killing all the things. Braton Prime is not terrible for that with heavy caliber and shred.

latron prime: I have a max heavy caliber, I love the dmg but not really a fan of bad accuracy, should I just go with it or get a lower rank heavy caliber, and if that, what HC rank should I go with?

IMHO, Latron Prime is not consistent enough from shot to shot to be a headshot gun. This is a controversial opinion, but if you agree then I suggest using a maxed out Heavy Caliber and going for the body with fast shots. You can still headshot up real close if you need to.

note: please don't post about choosing different weapons and such, I already made my mind 

Okay. I don't think that's going to last, but I won't aruge with you. In fact... if anyone tells you Cernos sucks, I would offer a reply: Cernos is a good candidate for an upgraded version like Latron just got with the Tiberon.

Edited by VKhaun

Punch-through is absolutely critical on an anti-light infested weapon because the infested animate on death standing up and will continue to block your bullets and your view. Drop Hammer Shot for Shred and see if you like it. If the firing rate is too fast and you're dumping ammo, use Metal Auger. Try to master the trigger on it though, because Metal Auger is an expensive mod. You will probably need another forma in your build to put all maxed mods including Metal Auger. Metal Auger is also a different polarity than Shred.

Critical hits deal LOTS of extra-extra damage to the head which is not explicitly explained anywhere.

Because of this, you do not want Heavy Caliber on a crit bow. Dividing the two arrows means both won't hit the head and you will lose lots of damage, potentially losing oodles more if one totally misses the target or if neither hit the head. 

Firing rate affects the speed at which you charge/draw your shots, and you're being nerfed by Critical Delay in this build, which will take the fun out of shooting it real fast. I suggest replacing Heavy Caliber with Speed Trigger for seldom use or in normal missions and replacing Heavy Caliber with another element and replacing Critical Delay with Arrow Mutation for longer missions or heavy use.

Punch-through is absolutely critical on an anti-light infested weapon because the infested animate on death standing up and will continue to block your bullets and your view. Drop Hammer Shot for Shred and see if you like it. If the firing rate is too fast and you're dumping ammo, use Metal Auger. Try to master the trigger on it though, because Metal Auger is an expensive mod. You will probably need another forma in your build to put all maxed mods including Metal Auger. Metal Auger is also a different polarity than Shred.

Critical hits deal LOTS of extra-extra damage to the head which is not explicitly explained anywhere.

Because of this, you do not want Heavy Caliber on a crit bow. Dividing the two arrows means both won't hit the head and you will lose lots of damage, potentially losing oodles more if one totally misses the target or if neither hit the head. 

Firing rate affects the speed at which you charge/draw your shots, and you're being nerfed by Critical Delay in this build, which will take the fun out of shooting it real fast. I suggest replacing Heavy Caliber with Speed Trigger for seldom use or in normal missions and replacing Heavy Caliber with another element and replacing Critical Delay with Arrow Mutation for longer missions or heavy use.

heavy calibur increase damage by alot, so even if you dont hit the head you still do alot of damage, and the split allow for multiple hits, and if you close to enemies ( i almost always close, so im fine with it ) you can hit the head, but its personal prefernce that the OP will decide about

thank for the replies guys, really helpful, but I tested a corrosive and cold build with the grineer and the dmg was lower than a radiation and cold build, plus the heavy gunners have a large head so head shots from my latron p aren't difficult

as for braton, I mainly want to from ancients, I have the embolist for light infested, I wanna slash throw an ancient and then go to the other really fast, and most of them are alone so I don't think I need punch-throw 

as for the cernos I have no problem with the slow charge of the arrow, because I rarely need to charge it in the first place, even in INT on pluto I can on-arrow almost everything 

I'd love a reply for me D nikana though too