Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Questions

michaelgt

I don't know if there was a post about this already or not but here goes anyway.

I'm a Trinity Warframe user and for quite some time I've been wondering, is there a mod that increases the leech percentage of Well of Life and Energy Vampire? Seeing as there is a limit to how much they can give you(ex. Energy Vampire replenishes my energy but stops at a point after a lot of hits then I have to wait it out until I can put another)

If there is, what mod would that be?

Also on a side note: what would be the best mod loadout for Trinity?

I'm currently on all 4 skills,

Redirection

Vitality

Fast Deflection

Streamline

Flow

Continuity

Edited by michaelgt

I guess it would be Power Strength to increase leech amount, but don't know if it works. Haven't seen any sense to try it, since one hit already gives you max leech.

For build, I run with:

Energy Vampire (rank 3)

Link (rank 3)

Blessing (rank 0)

Redirection

Streamline

Continuity

Flow

Rush

I think most of those are max rank, except for Blessing, rank 0, and Flow, about half the way (because with vampire, I don't need any larger energy pool). For the remainder of points, I toss in something arbitrary low-rank, like shield regen or stamina.

The Health and Energy Leach have a certain Cap. 

You can only leach 100 Energy from a target. There is no mod to increase this.

Your Mod Setup looks good. I use the same. All Trinity Skills are maxed, except for Blessing which i did not upgrade at all.

Here is my Setup(supercharged):

(Redirection could be one level higher but i don't wanna waste 50 Fusion Mods to do that, she is strong enough already anyways)

9SRr8Hq.jpg

Focus does increase max energy gain from energy vampire. My (planned) Trinity build:

Energy Vampire 7s/3 (rank 2 for lower cooldown)

Link - 10s/5 (max)

Blessing - ?s/7 (max)

Streamline - 30%/9

Continuity - 30%/9

Focus - 30%/11

Flow - 100%/7

Vitality - 280%/4

Redirection - 280%/5

Focus does increase max energy gain from energy vampire. My (planned) Trinity build:

Are you sure that Focus increases max energy?(since you say it's your planned trinity build, I'm assuming you either don't have a trinity yet or you don't have enough mod slots yet.)

Also, I sometimes change my continuity for Rush.

2013-04-21_00004.jpg

This is my current build.. Yeah, I'm still trying to max level a few of them... XD

Edited by michaelgt

Are you sure that Focus increases max energy?(since you say it's your planned trinity build, I'm assuming you either don't have a trinity yet or you don't have enough mod slots yet.)

I'm just missing Flow. And loads of cash and fusion cores to finish upgrading the caster mods. Focus does increase the max energy gain from energy vampire. It might be new to this patch, not sure. I just assumed it wouldn't work until I saw a comment in the wiki saying it did.

I personally scrap the Vitality. Her armor is so low that the HP is not very valuable, so its better to put those points into maxing Redirection. You can always deal with the couple of shield bypassing damage sources with Link, and her rank 30 HP is decent too.

It could be interesting if Focus boosts the leech max. Suppose it still doesn't matter too much, maybe if you want to be immortal AND spam blessing all the time.

The only things that can really kill a sufficiently modded Trinity are carelessness, energy mismanagement, or getting CCed in the .1-.25s gap you leave between invincibility spells. Vitality helps me with the carelessness part when fighting toxic ancients (they start ticking for TONS of damage later defense waves).

If focus really does that i finally know the last card for my loadout :)

I do not understand, why you guys play with well of life though. It just isn't worth any points so instead I go with:

Redirection & Vitality. Both capped since survivability if you get hit unlucky is always a good thing. No shield recharge, because while you are invulnerable you have plenty of time to recover your shield.

Flow, Continuity, Streamline all capped + now Focus ( not sure if I can max that but I think I can )

For skills I use Energy Vampire on rank 0 ( since 20% leech still is enough to get it in one shot back and to keep the duration as small as possible )

Blessing capped ( increases invul time for times I am in a party it helps them )

Link Capped ( again duration )

Well of life is largely redundant because you can always just cap your life again with a single blessing.

I personally scrap the Vitality. Her armor is so low that the HP is not very valuable, so its better to put those points into maxing Redirection. You can always deal with the couple of shield bypassing damage sources with Link, and her rank 30 HP is decent too.

It could be interesting if Focus boosts the leech max. Suppose it still doesn't matter too much, maybe if you want to be immortal AND spam blessing all the time.

Shields are usually more important that health in general but it's extremely expensive maxing either one, I find getting them to 200% is fine. Also you have to keep in mind that Disruptors can cancel Link.

Well of Life is only 3 Modpoints. If you put another Card in that Slot you get a ModPenalty that probably costs 1-3 Modpoints anyways.

It is cheap to cast and nice in Infested Defense to top groupmembers that got hit by Poison without burning 80 Energy for a Blessing.

You don't have to use that slot at all so having a skill that serves no real purpose is just a waste of points and nothing beyond that.

You have unlimited energy so there is no point not just casting blessing and be done with it.

On higher defence waves you spam it anyway so your team can fight toe to toe against toxics.

You could be in a real bind if you get hit by a disruptor with normal HP(heck you could die since a disruptor's attack will wipe your shield clean off).

That sometimes happens to me, a disruptor coming from behind sapping my energy and shields, so I think Vitality would be a keeper.

And yeah, I can really feel that whopping 10 armor and putting Steel Fiber is just a waste of space.

On another note, why are most of your builds only holding a level 0 Blessing? I was planning to cap my blessing too..

My current build:
Stuff_zps8bb6b737.png

I plan on swapping out a lower Fast deflection to make room for Flow if I ever find it and get both it and Continuity maxed out.

I might have to do the same for Rush and Quick rest but I sure hope I don't. Losing either one of them, even for Flow, is going to be terrible as they're literally the only reason I'm able to keep up with teammates. Otherwise they just leave me in the dust and then complain I'm not around to save them.

I'm praying they boost Well of life some how. I keep it around just on the rare chance an Ancient Disruptor gets me from a blind spot and I need a really cheap heal to keep going while I scrounge for more energy.

I think I chose my second Warframe too well as now I have Mag and Saryn building but I'm having too much fun with Trinity.

Regarding Link:  Is there a way to make it not link to your sentinel?  Every time I use it, my sentinel just dies immediately :(

That's a known issue. I believe it was supposed to be fixed in the last update, but it did not. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

That's a known issue. I believe it was supposed to be fixed in the last update, but it did not. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

Yeah, that link to the sentinel always gets it killed almost instantly.

For now, I take it off in missions I use Link... Which is every mission I go to...

I think I chose my second Warframe too well as now I have Mag and Saryn building but I'm having too much fun with Trinity.

Yeah, I too am having too much fun with Trinity...

I'm currently building a Frost which doesn't have an invulnerability skill which I probably won't get used to now.

My trinity goes like this: first three skills, no blessing, Redirection, Fast deflection, Flow, Continuity, Quick rest and rush.

Why no blessing? Blessing is sometimes a life saver when you need it. It can also save your Allies' butts when in a pinch.

Why no blessing? Blessing is sometimes a life saver when you need it. It can also save your Allies' butts when in a pinch.

Well, when I play with friend/clan, we do very well, never needs it;

When I play with stranger, they rush, they are lucky enough that I revive them, less to mention wasting 100 energy on them;

When I play with new player, they have no idea they got healed, and sometime die before I can even cast blessing; they just aim and press left mouse button, which in this case well of life works much better.

I only use Blessing rank 0, because topping up HP/shields is the important function of it. The invulnerability is just a bonus. And if the entire team is in deep S#&$, I can just spam Blessing multiple times, constantly recovering HP/shields is quite equal to invincibility. I mostly tend to support my team by standing in the middle of enemies anyway, Blessing is just a convenience since Trinity happens to have it.

For skills I use Energy Vampire on rank 0 ( since 20% leech still is enough to get it in one shot back and to keep the duration as small as possible )

Now, why didn't I think of that... I always wanted to reduce the duration to cast it more often, but somehow my mind always ended on the track that I had to remove Continuity to do that. Rank 0 Energy Vampire sounds like a brilliant idea.

Rank 0 EV, hitting for 500 with charged heavy weapon /w +150% Killing blow = 100 energy every 6 seconds, 9 with helm/cont.

If Focus does improve the energy returned from EV, than the next best synergy (rather than rank 0);

Rank 4 Focus = +25% power bringing max return to 125 energy

Rank 2 EV = +25% of dmg returned as energy

A heavy weapon charged attack with +150% Killing Blow = 500

500*25% = 125 energy returned, every 7 seconds

With Helm and Continuity, every ~10-11 seconds.

Works out to 0.25 energy per second, for the cost of 11 mod points. Not worth it IMO, I'll stick with basic rank 0 EV and not use Focus at all.