The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Alert Weapons Please!

Syaniide

I would suggest that DE revisits all the alert weapons and at least give them some sort of boost to make them worth it, I mean there's some really cool looking weapons that you cant find a good use for (and I tried... and tried... and tried again lol) Also, it kinda sucks that none of the alert weapons are the "best" at anything... I mean they are all sub par to one of the market weapons in some way (For example the highest basic damage weapon is from the market, the highest charge damage weapon is also from the market, etc...)

Also I believe this is a way for DE to make more money as well... Maybe boost the alert weapons so they are stronger than the current market weapons, then make it so you can buy them from the market with platinum (but not with credits... and you wouldnt be able to buy the blueprints with credits either) and finally make the alerts that give these weapons more rare. This would force the impatient player to spend money to buy platinum to buy the weapons, and when the alerts finally came for them, it would give all the players who got them a huge sense of accomplishment. This would in turn bring in more money for DE and also give players something to look forward to when checking the alerts!

...and when the alerts finally came for them, it would give all the players who got them a huge sense of accomplishment. This would in turn bring in more money for DE and also give players something to look forward to when checking the alerts!

i disagree, what sense of accomplishment would that be? the feeling of being lucky to be online at the right time? Sorry, but that would be a very frustrating mode. The Weapons and Skins are quite OK. And every weapon sucks at the beginning. It´s the mods that make them good (if you put in the right ones). I dont want a UBER weapon on alerts.

Edited by NetSome

Personally I think they need to start cycling the alert weapons and artifact cards into boss drops and defense mission rewards.  The constant introduction of new content means that they're going to have to keep the content in alerts fresh and worthwhile or people are going to start getting bored with the system. 

Even if you get past the fact that the melee weapons from alerts are outclassed by stuff you can buy blue prints for, even the people that want them anyways are eventually going to get to the point where they  have all the helmets, artifacts and melee weapons BPs.

i disagree, what sense of accomplishment would that be? the feeling of being lucky to be online at the right time? Sorry, but that would be a very frustrating mode. The Weapons and Skins are quite OK. And every weapon sucks at the beginning. It´s the mods that make them good (if you put in the right ones). I dont want a UBER weapon on alerts.

All the melee weapons in the alerts are outclassed hard by the scindo/gram and dual ethers.  Since the mastery system encourages people to play with as many weapons as possible, it makes little sense for some weapons to be as bad as they are.

Edited by Aggh

I wasn't saying nerf any weapons currently out there, just make so the alert weapons are slightly better than the market ones. and as of right now its too easy to get the best weapons  as it only takes about 1-2 hours to farm the credits and materials to get any weapon you want. So yeah most players want a weapon which is better than the rest to take more than 1 or 2 hours to get... Look at dual heat swords right now.. they are considered to be one of the best weapons in the game and you can get them after two hours into a fresh account. So yeah being on at the right time would be rewarded with a nice weapon and if you weren't able to get one then the market weapons are always there for those players and as everyone knows there's some good weapons on there so it's not like you would be stuck with lame weapons if you didn't get a alert one. I'm just asking for a higher class of weapons that would be more rare, for the players that want to invest a lot of time. There already are weapons for players who don't play as much so why not give the ones that do play a lot something extra to aim for?

It´s the mods that make them good (if you put in the right ones). I dont want a UBER weapon on alerts.

oh and its not only the mods that make them good... take the ceramic dagger for instance... no amount of mods makes that weapon good. It doesn't even have it's own niche. If the base stats on a weapon are bad then putting the same mods into a better weapon are obviously going to be better. Mods cant fix EVERYTHING such as bad attack animations and such.

I completely agree with buffing the weapons. I've tried the dark dagger and ceramic dagger and they are both out shined by the fangs. and all the other swords I have also used seem to get out shinned by the ether swords because they for some odd reason have innate armor ignore.