Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hook

Sensubox

Interesting idea, perhaps through either;

- free usage in stealth modes

- X or E activation on enemies and environment similar to the stealth execution move and Zip-Line?

- or pulling enemies off the sides off ledges to kill them, if only fall damage.. if only!

Edited by QSS117

This would require more open maps and more elevation on the landmass or terrain. Currently some of the older maps have not much use for climbing up things. The older maps would have to be reworked for grappling hooks.

That being said, the idea is dam amazing ever since i seen it in Lost Planet 2.

Lost Planet 2 (awesome use of it):

Edit: If it were to be implemented, then it should not be a weapon... that would be stupid. Better a gadget one can use to scale terrain or even pull enemies to them.

Edited by Ambience

None of which seem -focussed- on the subject of Grappling Hooks.

think you did not search enough.

Edit: just to clarify, I am not objecting to starting a new thread, neither am I trying to be negative/non-constructive, but at least try to do some research and link previous topics so taht we don't need to see stuff which has been developed in discussion being repeated from scratch again.

(btw, one of the old threads was started by me...)

Edited by smithf

None of which seem -focussed- on the subject of Grappling Hooks.

think you did not search enough.

Edit: just to clarify, I am not objecting to starting a new thread, neither am I trying to be negative/non-constructive, but at least try to do some research and link previous topics so taht we don't need to see stuff which has been developed in discussion being repeated from scratch again.

(btw, one of the old threads was started by me...)

though not my responsibility, prior to my previous post i looked through various threads shortly and only saw multiple suggestion threads with grapplehook-esque mechanics - but none seemed focussed on the act of using a grappling hook to cross terrain etc.

realised that it could be because the dev split the warframw and weapon feedback since last major forum downtime.  If you only searched in weapon feedback, you will not be able to catch some of the older weapon topics as they are in warframe subforum.

anyway, this is just one link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25411-suggestion-grappling-hook

realised that it could be because the dev split the warframw and weapon feedback since last major forum downtime.  If you only searched in weapon feedback, you will not be able to catch some of the older weapon topics as they are in warframe subforum.

anyway, this is just one link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25411-suggestion-grappling-hook

First off thanks for providing some material this time, it seemed you were mildly aiming at a non-constructive jest earlier - which is likely the reason some took it the way they did :/

Secondly i suppose the link proves that like with many of the other suggestions there have been threads about the subjects before, but these were buried.

So while i support your claim of looking up other threads i would say its healthy to have several threads about them instead of necroing older died out threads, showing to the developers the community really has several parts of its fanbase hoping to see their suggestions brought in or tested internally.

That said, back to feedback!

Also consider discussing one or more of the following features to firing your grappling gun as a;

Choke-Wire

Trip-Wire

Bind-Wire

First off thanks for providing some material this time, it seemed you were mildly aiming at a non-constructive jest earlier - which is likely the reason some took it the way they did :/

Secondly i suppose the link proves that like with many of the other suggestions there have been threads about the subjects before, but these were buried.

So while i support your claim of looking up other threads i would say its healthy to have several threads about them instead of necroing older died out threads, showing to the developers the community really has several parts of its fanbase hoping to see their suggestions brought in or tested internally.

That said, back to feedback!

Also consider discussing one or more of the following features to firing your grappling gun as a;

Choke-Wire

Trip-Wire

Bind-Wire

lol.. difficulty in online communication is the absense of non-textual context. I mean no jest in my first post, neither am I "complaining" about a repeat thread. It was merely a suggestion to either use older threads or at least link thos, and I had to admit a lazy one. I did not provide the search/threads in the first post partially because I am lazy (I admit it ;) ) and also because I thought that it should be the responsibility of the OP. But frankly, in this case, a one liner OP for a new thread seems unnecessary (imo at least)

And don;t get me wrong. I am not against starting new threads on old topic. I totally agree that sometimes new threads should be created instead of necroing older threads, especially when there is a variation in the focus (more like "sawpping" the OP, especially if the OP is a solid summary of previous ideas to give people a quick overview). But I usually think it is good to provide links back to the older threads as well, so that older info is not "lost". If not, it will be a cycle of accumulating ideas until it is actually useful, then lost in the forums. By linking related stuff, think it will be easier for the dev to read the feedback too (Assuming that the dev should spend all efforts to "collect" the feedback without providing a little help that would simplify their work is mean... ;) )