Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We Have Crossed The Top Hat Threshold...custom Dual Daggers Anyone?

Janzer

Can I get something a bit less odd added to the game? I've wanted to dual wield two different daggers for quite some time. I'm wondering what the option is for DE to add in that functionality. This could extend to dual wielding two different swords I would hope, but we can start with daggers maybe?

I'm thinking, if there is currently a system that allows you to choose preconstructed pistols when building the Ak version, such as the AkBolto, can that system be augmented on the back end to support taking two differently selected daggers during your specialized dual dagger weapon creation, from your inventory.

This would mean, you construct two single daggers like normal. You then go to construct your special dual dagger blueprint, which would be researched in the tenno dojo first.

After you have the blueprint, you add each dagger that is fully constructed to the bp, time goes by, and then you have a more custom set of dual daggers.

This would greatly add variety for players, and it seems like the system is there in a way. It would mean adding in a new system where players can construct their own Dual Dagger custom Blueprint in the dojo research of course.

I still dream of the day of one Ceramic Dagger and one Dark Dagger. Or dual Ceramic Daggers even! The properties would each have to be set prior to releasing such a thing to help balance them, or maybe they could be averaged based on their base stats.

Just something that would allow for some player customization of weaponry, which I believe would greatly enhance player experience.

There would have to be some balances made but it's kinda interesting.

However I fail to see how an aesthetic has to do with a gameplay mechanic.

I stated: "The properties would each have to be set prior to releasing such a thing to help balance them, or maybe they could be averaged based on their base stats." This would allow for some interesting combinations.

Creatively thinking, you could do potentially have a dagger that does toxin and one that does radiation....let's get creative with it Tenno!

If you don't use daggers often, you may not care much. I have loved daggers for quite some time, so they're a bit of a passion for me. It's ok not to back what I'm saying, so I'm trying to give some info as I can.