Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy Low Fps Specifically In Archwing Interception

Kasumi-

I normally clear around 30 FPS in most missions, sometimes even at higher levels like late game in T4 Defense.

But this Archwing Interception stuff is just.... I get less than 8 FPS at almost all times, and this only occurs in this mission type.

I can do every regular mission just fine, including the other Archwing missions. But Archwing Interception is just outright impossible. Unplayable.

Kinda hard to get Limbo when I can't even attempt the first mission.

EDIT: Update on this bug, it seems to only occur if I am the one hosting the mission (and I mean JUST this mission) . Tested many many times.

When I don't host I get my usual 30-40 FPS.

Ran the mission countless times (because it's extremely fun) to test with a friend hosting. As a test, he left the mission, thus migrating the host to me. The intense FPS drop came back shortly afterward.

Another thing to note is that if I host the mission, the lag only occurs if there is an enemy alive. Even if it is only one enemy.

EDIT: It's definitely a hosting problem.

Here is some more information:

Regarding the problem, there are some optimization problems with new AI that was made for Archwing missions, before we had it, Ai had only to traverse navigation map in 2D space, now it is 3D. Imagine how much more stuff has to be calculated before EVERY SINGLE enemy unit finds where it has to go.

This is what I suspect of causing these drops of framerate after trying to get through Archwing missions (all of them actually, though Interception does eat much more away in comparison to extermination or sabotage due to more enemy AI being spawned)

Another thing that I came across is that on Windows 8+ game runs with more clutter since update 14.5 and running it in Win7 compatibility gives 10-15% FPS boost

But yeah, normal 120-150FPS (I normally use v-sync but tested this a lot with no frame-cap)dipping down to 20-30 and with spikes down to 5FPS happen to me too. (or I'd rather say to everyone)

So here my specs:

Latop: lenovo y510p

CPU: Intel 4700MQ 2,4GHz (turbo 3,4GHz)

GPU: Nvidia GT750M 2GB GDDR5 SLI

RAM: 16GB

Edited by Kaiczar

Same thing happens with me -- if i'm hosting archwing interceptions, i'm getting really severe fps losses, sometimes there is nothing happens on the screen, yet i'm dipping from 60 to 40 or 30, sometimes even less.

GPU usage is like 40 percent, same goes cpu.

I was trying the Archwing Interception mission on Erpo on Earth and there were crazy FPS dips for me.

Mission started and it worked fine for the first few minutes, then FPS took a HUGE drop down to levels I've never seen before in the game.

I would generally get a comfortable 60-80fps, but during that mission I saw a drop down to nearly 30 with stuttering frames and jagged animations.

The most peculiar thing is when we reached 100% and had to exterminate enemies, the FPS spiked back upwards to it's general 60-80fps range.

Specs: 
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 SLI

Intel Core i7-3930k CPU 3.20GHz

16gb ram

ADDENDUM: The huge FPS drops *only* happened in the Archwing Intercept mission.

Edited by Lightwire

I was trying the Archwing Interception mission on Erpo on Earth and there were crazy FPS dips for me.

Mission started and it worked fine for the first few minutes, then FPS took a HUGE drop down to levels I've never seen before in the game.

I would generally get a comfortable 60-80fps, but during that mission I saw a drop down to nearly 30 with stuttering frames and jagged animations.

The most peculiar thing is when we reached 100% and had to exterminate enemies, the FPS spiked back upwards to it's general 60-80fps range.

Specs: 

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 SLI

Intel Core i7-3930k CPU 3.20GHz

16gb ram

ADDENDUM: The huge FPS drops *only* happened in the Archwing Intercept mission.

But were you hosting?

i5 3570k @4ghz

8gb ram @1600mhz

Gtx 980 stock

Getting arround 150-200 fps in warframe normally (maxed settings), in archwing interception: arround 40 fps with low peaks of 20-15 fps sometimes, very annoying, i always host becouse i have a good conection and my friends always ask for it....

Same for me, very good performances in archwing interception missions (60 fps), except when i'm hosting (10 fps). My gpu seems to slow down (fans making less noise)

Pentium I7 860 OC @3.4ghz

GTX 570 (driver 344.48)

8gb ram

Edited by enkilal

Same for me, very good performances in archwing interception missions (60 fps), except when i'm hosting (10 fps).

Pentium I7 860 OC @3.4ghz

GTX 570

8gb ram

Good, now we can confirm that hosting it causes problems. Maybe DE will notice the thread and do something about it.

Regarding the problem, there are some optimization problems with new AI that was made for Archwing missions, before we had it, Ai had only to traverse navigation map in 2D space, now it is 3D. Imagine how much more stuff has to be calculated before EVERY SINGLE enemy unit finds where it has to go.

This is what I suspect of causing these drops of framerate after trying to get through Archwing missions (all of them actually, though Interception does eat much more away in comparison to extermination or sabotage due to more enemy AI being spawned)

Another thing that I came across is that on Windows 8+ game runs with more clutter since update 14.5 and running it in Win7 compatibility gives 10-15% FPS boost

But yeah, normal 120-150FPS (I normally use v-sync but tested this a lot with no frame-cap)dipping down to 20-30 and with spikes down to 5FPS happen to me too. (or I'd rather say to everyone)

So here my specs:

So here my specs:

This is very informative. Thank you for the contribution.