Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System

ExileCrisis

There should be a system that allows trading between players in Warframe. Even if it is only between clan members or friends. The trading can help enhance the game play for other people who seem to always have that Mod that they can't use but there ally can. So instead of having to sell the Mods that could just help your buddy you just trade and everyone can be happy. Ex, Got 5 Mind Controls don't need one, buddy has 5 Slash and Dashes need all those we trade both happy with possibly upgrade abilities. 

Simplest way is to only have trading on a mod (value) for modbasis and limit it to clans as well.  So common for common, uncommon for uncommon, rare for rare.   Though you could value other mods at lesser value, say 4 commons to an uncommon, 4 uncommons to a rare (yup some 16 commons to a rare), though actual trade value should be entirely up to what DE think is best, and thus set in stone.

Not sure whether to allow ranked cards or fusion reactors to be swaped at all.

Hackers could then swap mods but would have to give the account other cards to get them.

Materials could be freely traded however.

Most 'collectable' games usualy end up this way with some kind of trade value per rarety type.

Edited by Loswaith

The milisecond Multishot is tradeable, we're going to have problems.  Plus the introduction of above-rare mods has been hinted at; if any are as rare and good as multishot, well...  I too am of the opinion that only materials should be tradeable just to prevent the possible meltdown.

That said, I do think there should be a way to get mods and blueprints without relying exclusively on RNG's whims.  There are plenty of proposed possible systems and most of them have at least some merit.

I'd rather that there NOT be an in-game economy, for the following reasons.

1. No economy = no farming bots. The farmbots always have more resources to find ways in than developers have to keep them out, especially on a F2P game (where getting caught just means you create a new account). Consider how much developmental resources would have to be allocated to catching farmbots, because otherwise the economy would crash when rare mods are 1000 credits because someone farmed up a few hundred with a network of comptuers.

2. No economy = no hacked accounts. Accounts get hacked because the hackers can gain from the act, such as by taking all the items on an account or using it to farm materials that can be eventually converted into cash.

3. No bots and no hacked accounts = dramatically lower customer service costs. Consider how much it costs, in terms of the overhead and time of a customer service representative, to restore a hacked account.

Now I'll admit, I'm jaded about this because hacking killed my last MMO, Dungeon Fighter Online. The company had its database hacked, and approximately 30% of users lost everything. As a F2P game, this meant losing items worth real cash. The company that ran DFO simply didn't have the customer service budget to handle it, and most users quit because they refused to put time into a game where the company doesn't care about account security.

TL:DR: An in-game economy adds a lot to the cost of running the game, which will come out of the development budget.

Hacked accounts I couldn't care less about. Don't give out your password or install crap on your computer and you're fine.

Farm bots don't personally bother me either. If you don't like the available prices, don't buy or sell.

The real worry, for me, is how secure DE servers are. They're not some giant company with a publisher backing them. I wouldn't want what happened to DFO to happen to Warframe.

Edited by Inez

I agree with SecurityWyrm [apt name dude!]

any time a game adds an in game economy pretty much spells disaster...

Clan trading wont work either as it would simply be a case of 'join this clan, buy/trade then leave it'

i hope this fantastic game dosnt touch ANY trading or economy whatsoever..it will keep it pure