Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions: Why Should We Care?

Heartsatyr

Now I'm a pretty big fan of Warframe. I'm also a big fan of stories and the feeling that I'm working towards a story driven end game goal. Now I know Warframe has a lore foundation that it is built on, but the missions in the game (besides assassination missions) really don't drive that point home at all. I can't tell you how many times I've destroyed a reactor only to hear "It seems this mission just got more complicated  There's a hostage aboard this ship, save her and get to extraction." Why? Who is this hostage and why should I care? How did they get captured? How are the infested holding her captive with no brain cells? There's just nothing there, and I desperately want there to be. I want to care about what I'm doing in a mission and I want to see why I'm doing it and what benefit it will bring the cause by accomplishing this task. Anyone else have ways to expand on this?

Edited by TyoneChickenBucket

Watch the Livestreams, the devs talk about how they're focusing on the gameplay for now but they have lore they want to get to eventually.

That's pretty damn exciting. I definitely love the way this game feels and know it's only going to get better, but I feel like the story is the weakest part of the game right now.

"I'm sorry your princess is in another mission".

My only current concern with all these missions (aside from the fact that even different missions have minimal differences) is that we don't need over 80% of them for anything other than unlocking next mission. And some of them don't fit even that purpose.

As far as the story goes... leave that for SP games and CO-OP campaigns in them. Waste of effort having it here (IMHO).