Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Either The Grineer Need A Serious Nerf Or The Corpus Need A Serious Buff. Maybe A Bit Of Both...

R34LM

I think it is common knowledge that the difficulty in Corpus missions is a joke when compared to Grineer missions of the same level. The difference between the two is just terrible.

The main reason why  the Corpus don't do as well is their guns. They are not hitscan, so you, depending on your position, can completely dodge most of the shots. Also, save for the flux rifle (which is hitscan), all of their arsenal, including deras and supras and robotic weapons, has the same projectile type: a non-hitscan laser. The procs they give can mostly go unnoticed, except for rare occasions of slash procs.

For Grineer, all guns are hitscan, save some exceptions. With the AI in this game, they fire a split second after they see you, and they will land a shot. Plus, they have access to an annoying Helion that jumps out of view if you are not quick enough and pours salt on the wound by dropping a missile volley. Also, they have the Seeker with a stupidly overpowered gun. Seriously, a Bombard/Napalm can't reach the amount of damage a Seeker puts out, and no player can do that with a fully moded Kraken of their own. On that topic, Grineer have access to rocket launchers and napalm cannons, doing some serious AOE. And now we have an enemy that can disarm you. Finally, elite lancers (a common mid to high level enemy) have a good chance of hitting a slash proc. Ever see an evicerator do the under cover full auto bug? I have.....

Now let's look at armorment.

Corpus have shield that is separate from health, which can be bypassed easily by using toxin only builds. There are a few units that also have armor, but those are few and far between. Most of the unit's overall health is low too, so once shields are down they are dead.

Grineer have armor combined with their health and generally have more health overall. Armor is harder to work with than shields, but it is for reasons that I just can't put into words.

Archwing enemies are not much better. The Helion on the Grineer side is crazy, with (currently) no indication of when the rockets are coming at you, meaning you are playing a guessing game with odanata's 2nd power.

There are many ways you can go about bringing the two factions on more even terms, but I'd suggest both nerfing a bit on Grineer and buffing a bit on Corpus. Obviously we don't want either faction to get too easy/hard too quickly.

I think the way Grineer armor / corpus shields scale is "ok".

The trash units (grineer lancers, dera corpus) always remain basically 1-bullet kills no matter what.

I think the best way to 'nerf' the grineer would be to make the Hind and Grakata into non-hitscan projectile weapons with VERY fast projectiles. Like the boltor and boltor prime but even faster.

And a nice way to buff the corpus would be to increase their variety of armaments.

We just now, just this update, got a corpus unit that uses the Penta.

But it's archwing only.

That sort of thing should really be more common.

I'd prefer they do the exact opposite of making them more even.  I want the Corpus and the Grineer to be even but in completely different respects;  The Grineer are supposed to send a tide of flesh at you because that's how Grineer work, but that makes no sense when thinking about how the Corpus are supposed to work-  Corpus can't just clone soldiers constantly like Grineer do and yet they send comparable amounts of crewmen at us like they're nothing.

What I'm proposing is they make the Corpus a very technical/high power unit based fighting force based on having very few units but having the same amount of presence on the field as the massive numbers of the Grineer would.  To put it simple, fighting what would essentially be re-skinned armies would get old so diversity is a good thing.

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

I'd prefer they do the exact opposite of making them more even.  I want the Corpus and the Grineer to be even but in completely different respects;  The Grineer are supposed to send a tide of flesh at you because that's how Grineer work,

I'm suddenly imagining a new Grineer unit.

The WALL OF FLESH from dungeons and dragons only now with a grineer head sticking out of it somewhere shrieking TENNO SKOOM while it slowly gelatinously wobbles its way towards a player.