Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Change Train: Banish (Two Suggestions).

Sasquatchias

Since everyone and their mother is making a thread over Limbo, I'd thought I'd go ahead and make one too. This thread is specifically about Banish, which is an ability I like but feel needs some tweaking. 

The three biggest issues I have with Banish;

1. The casting time leaves you an open target.

2. Trying to Banish a single target in a crowd full of enemies normally leaves you dead or suddenly missing a ton of health/shields, and you're also likely to miss and Banish the guy who stuck the corner of his hitbox in your reticle instead.

3. Teammates have no way to Un-Banish themselves, and this means they are essentially taken out of the fight if they cannot use their abilities to help fight.

Now personally I feel the first issue isn't really that big of a deal, or would at least not be as big of a deal if the second issue wasn't there. 

My suggestions for tweaking this ability: 

1. Instead of single target make the ability more of an AoE/Cone effect, similar to how Mag's Pull works. This I feel would make the ability much more useful, and make it synergize a bit more with his other abilities. 

2. Teammates should have a way of prematurely un-Banishing themselves.

How exactly this would work I have no clue. One suggestion would be to have Banished Players use the Interact Button, since every other mechanic is tied to something else they could/would be doing while Banished.

Man, the ability to banish multiple targets without using his ult might actually make him somewhat useful. However, their refusal to make Frost's freeze a cone makes me think they won't change it :\

I think making Freeze just a cone ability would be a bit boring. Instead the Freeze blast should explode, kinda  like a grenade or rocket.

The three biggest issues I have with Banish;

1. The casting time leaves you an open target.

2. Trying to Banish a single target in a crowd full of enemies normally leaves you dead or suddenly missing a ton of health/shields, and you're also likely to miss and Banish the guy who stuck the corner of his hitbox in your reticle instead.

3. Teammates have no way to Un-Banish themselves, and this means they are essentially taken out of the fight if they cannot use their abilities to help fight.

1) Natural Talent

2) Rift walk first

3) Great way to stop hallway heroes/tornado spam in Kiste

Limbo - Pick your fights wisely.