Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only Curious

GunslingerofJustice

For the Warframe economy, I know it's possible to trade platinum for Prime Blueprints, Mods, and More. But I've noticed there's more people selling than buying at all really. So I was curious, could there be a way to maybe get plat in circulation in the Warframe economy? Perhaps a credits to platinum conversion method where people can spend credits small portions of platinum just so plat is now in circulation? 

For the Warframe economy, I know it's possible to trade platinum for Prime Blueprints, Mods, and More. But I've noticed there's more people selling than buying at all really. So I was curious, could there be a way to maybe get plat in circulation in the Warframe economy? Perhaps a credits to platinum conversion method where people can spend credits small portions of platinum just so plat is now in circulation? 

No, no, and no.

A 'credit to platinum' conversion is a horrible idea. But why?

1. Dark Sectors. Using a loophole in the system, it is possible for large alliances to give millions in alliance funds to a single squad of players for battlepay. Given that some alliances have BILLIONS in credits from nodes, this serves as a virtually infinite source of platinum.

2. Game-obtained platinum is untradeable. The only platinum that you see being traded in the trade chat is purchased using IRL funds. Platinum won by events, give-aways during a stream, or starter platinum, can only be used on game market transactions. 

3. Market prices dropping. As brought up above, credit bought platinum would devalue IRL funded platinum and would take that difference directly out of DE's pocket. People who pay for platinum IRL would get more bang for their buck and by extension, wouldn't have to buy platinum as often.

Overall, just a very bad idea.