Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of New Discrimination?

Azjhoolies

I used to play Warframe exclusively with my friends, but I recently decided to try playing public, my friend Cyrus conviced me that I might make some friends and such, but I encountered someone that started to confuse me.

I won't pretend I understand everything there is to know about everyone in this game, but some random guy I joined the game of was very idiotic, not waiting for me in elevators, rushing ahead, and being a nuisance, I voiced my displeasure, and he referred to me as a 'Bow User' I assume because I was using the Paris.

I haven't played Warframe publicly for a while, but is this some kind of growing thing, Paris hate? I really hope people are not trying to Metagame Warframe or something, since I enjoy the game very much so, the idea of discrimination is very unpleasant. What I want to know is, did the Paris recieve some kind of hate ever since it's induction? Or was this just an isolated fool that thinks one gun is better than another?

Edited by Azjhoolies

He was probably just some #$&(% you had the misfortune of playing with. I've never seen, and can't imagine, anyone ever discriminating based on weapon. I mean frame, maybe, and that'd still leave me scratching me head in disbelief.

Perhaps he was just using the "Bow User" as a reference since you were indeed using a bow, and he was just too lazy to type out your name. Can't see how this would be a insult.

Edited by Numbahs

I've never heard of any vast hatred of the Paris but perhaps I'm wrong.

Personally, the only reason I have any distaste for it is simply when my whole team is running ahead without me (Trinity needs some more speed, just saying.) and pretty much murdering everything before I can even get to the battlefield, but of course, that's saying more about people leaving me in the dust rather than anything wrong with the Paris itself.

Whoever that was, I'm sure they were just an impatient lot. Best forget and move on.

We are a growing number of people concerned about this idea that you should be allowed to use bows in a ninja game. Those pesky archers think they can strut around all stealthy in the background while I do the heavy lifting. They should all be rounded up and pitted against some level 100 ancients in a small cage. That should teach em.

Edit: Haha you people keep hating. Serious post is serious.

Edited by Datasaur

I hate people who use Paris... in Defense missions, they are so freaking awesome, they kill everything before I have a chance, you Bow Huggers, I hate you,

Just kidding, Paris is awesome special in defense missions, don't judge everyone by a few jerks that are around.

We are a growing number of people concerned about this idea that you should be allowed to use bows in a ninja game. Those pesky archers think they can strut around all stealthy in the background while I do the heavy lifting. They should all be rounded up and pitted against some level 100 ancients in a small cage. That should teach em.

So, how many level 100 ancients have you killed.

There is no reason to discriminate against a player based on warframe or weapon choice. Ever. When you play publicly you are there as a team and need to act as such. The player leaving you behind is obviously not a team player. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior other than to be selfish and lower than dirt. The team that stays together, wins together. At the end of a mission everyone feels accomplishment and isn't left out.

IMHO: DE, when you ignore a player there should be a "block" to keep ignored players from joining the same game as you. Noone wants to continue playing with someone who continually isn't a very helpful or courteous player. I'm not sure if this a function that is already inherent in the game but if it is, ignore this. :P

Yea .. Okay .. That is just complete idiotic .. What about using guns then? NINJAS DON'T USE FIREARMS! In this game you get to be what you want. If you want to ruin the whole game for yourself by rushing the whole map, then you are welcome, but please set on solo so we don't need to be left behind by meat-heads.

Edited by Klovnefisken

hmm only thing i can think he would be hating on is the low fire rate one hit kill, ive noticed ppl moan a little at running to a foe only to have it sideswiped by a bow.

but tbh hes probley just sore about the fact he cant rush n leave anymore lol

It's more of the opposite in my experience. What with the Paris' charge up time and arrow flight. I can see what you mean, though. All of those bullets getting wasted when an arrow smacks into someone.

gotta be a jk right? i really cant belive that there are people who think like this? in all honesty as a paris user on my trinity, i find it more annoying that someone rhino charges or slash attacks my target JUST as i fire! ... i get over it though lol that why i has my Gorgon! all the bullets!

Shoot the weakspot. 76835.jpg

So, how many level 100 ancients have you killed.

I eat ancients for breakfast, just a falcon punch to their knee-groin. Taste a bit foul when eating raw but sprinkle on some grineer blood and let Ember flambate the meat, then it isn't so bad.