Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber Mod For Warframe, Where?

Pendragon1951

Honestly, anywhere. Though you'll probably find it faster in a defense mission or mobile defense mission. Those types of missions spawn a healthy amount of enemies. More enemies means a larger opportunity for mods to drop. Good luck.

I agree with DishSoap. When you get down to it, increasing your armor rating for most warframes (Maybe Rhino does benefit, I don't know) doesn't do enough to make it useful. I would definitely recommend focusing points on your shield with a Redirection mod, if anything.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Redirection

As for where to find them though, they are pretty common and all factions drop them, so as long as you keep playing, you'll find one eventually. Try a few defense missions and see what turns up.

Edited by Haldos

Stick to Redirection and Vitality trust me. Steel Fiber is kind of bad considering it only effects health and it's your last line of defense.

Steel fiber is extremely useful for Rhino, and Frost. Trust me.

As to where to find it; it's a D polarity so any faction has an equal chance to drop it. It's also a common mod so any level of difficulty has a good chance to drop it. So I would suggest low level endless defense missions with infested.

Ok thanks all for your input, even after playing for months I'm still at the "You can do that?" phase, and sometimes my son will say, "Dad did you know you could do this?" So still learning.Since I'm not a common player of FPS games the leveling system in Warframe still bothers me, seems to me I don't think your Warframe's ability to level should be dependent on your weapons leveling. Like I said I've been playing for months and just at level 1 for my Warframe. Once again thanks for the info:) 

Steel fiber is extremely useful for Rhino, and Frost. Trust me.

As to where to find it; it's a D polarity so any faction has an equal chance to drop it. It's also a common mod so any level of difficulty has a good chance to drop it. So I would suggest low level endless defense missions with infested.

Well the player seemed liked he was new so I doubt the had Rhino or Frost. Honestly though I just don't care for it that much considering I have to put Rush on Rhino and Frost I'd just rather have Redirection and Vitality.

Ok thanks all for your input, even after playing for months I'm still at the "You can do that?" phase, and sometimes my son will say, "Dad did you know you could do this?" So still learning.Since I'm not a common player of FPS games the leveling system in Warframe still bothers me, seems to me I don't think your Warframe's ability to level should be dependent on your weapons leveling. Like I said I've been playing for months and just at level 1 for my Warframe. Once again thanks for the info:) 

Of course, we all go through this when we start playing but feel free to check out the link in my previous post. That wiki has pretty detailed information on all the mods, warframes, blueprints, what they do and where to get each one and whatever you could possibly have a question for. It's done wonders for me and I hope it helps you.

I forgot to say, I have the Excalibur rank 17 at the moment and wished I knew a bit more in the beginning so I could have spent my initial Platnium a bit better 

Normally you want to spend it on slots of some kind.

Edited by DishSoap

Stick to Redirection and Vitality trust me. Steel Fiber is kind of bad considering it only effects health and it's your last line of defense.

I'm ... not sure about that anymore, actually. I seem to be taking health damage here and there when my shields are low but not gone.

Steel Fiber + Vitality on Ash. 1000 HP and 62% damage reduction when maxed. Pretty sick.

I'm ... not sure about that anymore, actually. I seem to be taking health damage here and there when my shields are low but not gone.

Pretty sure that's Toxic damage, then. Ignores Shields, but not Armor.

Edited by Grandzeit

If you have a sentinel with guardian, the shot that takes off that last bit of shield will still do damage to your health.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer