Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greetings From A Streamer!

Lee-Yoh

Hi guys!

As the title states I do stream. I've been streaming since late September 2014, mostly because I only got the equipment then, but I've been playing Warframe since before Vauban's release. 

I found out about this game through a youtuber (name long forgotten), and I tried it and got hooked. Of course, I ended up making a new email for a new youtube alias, so a new Warframe account came with. However, I only got my loki to Rank 10-ish then stopped playing, due to MoP hitting shelves.

Now here we are a week ago right before U15, I see the devstream before it, and I'm like: "Oh, now that I have a better PC, I should probably play more of it." So here I am! Currently leveling a Rhino (Got marked by the stalker 3 times just farming the blueprints for this thing...) and I'll probably stream some Warframe when I can or feel like it. 

For those of you who are interested in my stream channel, just slap an XL onto the end of my name when searching on twitch, several of my past broadcasts are warframe, but there are other games such as Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 1, and Dino D-Day as of the day of this post.

Also, 'nother thing. I love how far Warframe has come since the days of the beta... however... we need more end-game content DE XD

Aight, Stay Stealthy, Tenno!

I stream myself aswell, and while my stream is more of a casual one, I can provide some tips you might find usefull.

1 ) Stable internet and a decent PC ( I wouldn't recommend streaming with a laptop, unless it's a gaming laptop, streaming with an ordinary desktop PC is viable ).

2 ) Get Nightbot. He censors those who post links, and you can configure the bot to kick/mute/ban people if they do it too much. You can have songrequests with him ( where people link youtube songs and it will be put in a playlist ), etc etc ... Just too much usefull stuff here to ignore this excellent bot. Registration is free and using it is free aswell !

3 ) Decide which program you want to use. OBS is generally lower in quality compared to XSplit, but is way more lightweight and doesn't hog resources as much as OBS does. Depending on your internet connection you can get away with OBS and have an amazing quality, so I'd recommend trying out OBS first, and if that doesn't suit your needs switch to XSplit though XSplit is a paid program, and limits you ALOT on it's free version.

4 ) On your channel page are some "panels" you can put pictures on and some text on. Use them ! Put up some channel rules, some games you play and some info about you, and having those things will already draw in more attention, especially if you take the time to make the artwork pictures yourself !

5 ) Kinda same as 4, but concerning an "overlay". If you have a border with some info about the game you're playing it'll look more professional and will make people more interested. I myself do not have such a thing because I can't design for sh*t, but having such an overlay deffinately looks better and allows you to put info on there that gets asked alot ( such as how many frames you got, how long you've been playing the game, etc )

6 ) Mic. A stream without a mic to talk to your twitch viewers/chatters is just not a stream at all IMO. So get one, even if it's just a cheap one. But do not, ever, use a laptop mic. Generally those pick up the slightest bit of noise and are just a plain pain in the butt.

That's it kinda o: Hope these tips will prove usefull to you and your streaming needs !

-Ex.

-Snip-

-Ex.

Oh damn, didn't expect a reply like that. 

1. Stable internet I do have, though it's not particularly fast because of the country I live in, nothing I can do about that sadly. I am actually on a laptop, but it's built for gaming, and I've done some tests and the performance is usually pretty good.

2. I'll look into Nightbot, would be nice to have installed.

3. I'm probably gonna use OBS, since I can't exactly go for 720/1080p streams. Mine will more likely than not be 320 / 480, again because of my internet. 

4. I'm guessing you're talking about Twitch? I still have to customize my twitch account, so I'll definitely look into that. I'll ask the others that will be streaming with me to follow suit.

5. Same as 4.

6. I'll probably be using a laptop mic, though luckily most of my streams would be at 9pm+ because of timezones, so there wont be a lot of BG noise. If need be though I would swap to my headset mic.

Something else I was wondering, we're gonna send out a multitwitch link so people can watch us streaming at the same time. Do you know any other way we could have 2+ streams all within the same browser? Kinda like the Prime time thing, you can see both screens in the one video.

I recently started looking into livestreaming as a casual thing. I did a full breakdown of two apps with my system specs and recorded highlights here: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/331891-overwolf-twitch-app-comparison-to-xsplit-gamecaster-livestream-testing-results/

Hope that helps in some way.

One thing to note about this nightbot thing:

"2 ) Get Nightbot....You can have songrequests with him ( where people link youtube songs and it will be put in a playlist ), etc etc

It is not legal to stream copyrighted music. Do so at your own risk. Good luck Tenno!

Oh damn, didn't expect a reply like that. 

1. Stable internet I do have, though it's not particularly fast because of the country I live in, nothing I can do about that sadly. I am actually on a laptop, but it's built for gaming, and I've done some tests and the performance is usually pretty good.

2. I'll look into Nightbot, would be nice to have installed.

3. I'm probably gonna use OBS, since I can't exactly go for 720/1080p streams. Mine will more likely than not be 320 / 480, again because of my internet. 

4. I'm guessing you're talking about Twitch? I still have to customize my twitch account, so I'll definitely look into that. I'll ask the others that will be streaming with me to follow suit.

5. Same as 4.

6. I'll probably be using a laptop mic, though luckily most of my streams would be at 9pm+ because of timezones, so there wont be a lot of BG noise. If need be though I would swap to my headset mic.

Something else I was wondering, we're gonna send out a multitwitch link so people can watch us streaming at the same time. Do you know any other way we could have 2+ streams all within the same browser? Kinda like the Prime time thing, you can see both screens in the one video.

To your question - As far as I know it's not possible unless you're physically in the same room ( that's how they do it in Prime Time ). There might be some way for you to edit stuff in ( have your friend webcam ( if you guys use that ) on Skype and capture that little webcam screen + to get his gameplay have him stream and capture his twitch window ). Other than doing fancy stuff like that I don't think it's possible.

-Ex.

To your question - As far as I know it's not possible unless you're physically in the same room ( that's how they do it in Prime Time ). There might be some way for you to edit stuff in ( have your friend webcam ( if you guys use that ) on Skype and capture that little webcam screen + to get his gameplay have him stream and capture his twitch window ). Other than doing fancy stuff like that I don't think it's possible.

-Ex.

We were considering doing the Skype thing, but my internet would seriously struggle with that. 

We're probably gonna use this as a compromise 

http://www.multitwitch.tv/