Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Weaponry Arsenal

Date_Tsunemoto

Hello.

I found some similar topic's on forum but there was only some scratches of a lots of ideas splited up somewhere on single posts... soo...

We have currently "Dark Sword" And "Dark Dagger" its just make you want more arsenal from "Dark" type weaponry, that's why I'm here, Both weapons are pretty rare/hard to obtain and if you get them, they are very easy to craft, well its nice but I expected from a rare weapon to be really really good (not the same like other common weapons or even worse) and to be a quite adventure to get items for it, longer build time so it makes you feel all the process that this weapon is something you WONT regret for spending time and money.

Now what's with more weapons? Design is quite good simple but aggressive I like it and I would love to see 2h sword, axe, tomahawk, dual sword's/dagger's/tomahawk's, claws? pistols, shotguns, rifle, sniper rifle? smg.

why so much? cos everyone here have its own play-style, some like to run with pistol, other with rifle and other with dual smg's

saying it straight: Could Warframe make more "Dark" type weapons and rebalance them? to make it more RARE by whole its meaning not only by a word?

Peace!

Edited by Wrona89

I would love to have more "Dark" Weapons, but they should also to have more lore!

Maybe they are special weapons used for rituals by a dark and long forgotten Following!

Or they belonged to a dark, corrupted Tenno Clan... give them to Stalker too maybe!

Equip him with a dark, twisted rifle and blade!

I would love to have more "Dark" Weapons, but they should also to have more lore!

Maybe they are special weapons used for rituals by a dark and long forgotten Following!

Or they belonged to a dark, corrupted Tenno Clan... give them to Stalker too maybe!

Equip him with a dark, twisted rifle and blade!

... dude u fully understand what I'm saying :D :D thank you!

We have currently "Dark Sword" And "Dark Dagger" its just make you want more arsenal from "Dark" type weaponry, that's why I'm here, Both weapons are pretty rare/hard to obtain and if you get them, they are very easy to craft, well its nice but I expected from a rare weapon to be really really good (not the same like other common weapons or even worse) and to be a quite adventure to get items for it, longer build time so it makes you feel all the process that this weapon is something you WONT regret for spending time and money.

I feel like that would just make the Dark Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistols/Daggers/Greatsword that much desireable, and make them the end-all, be-all "Best Weapons To Have".

"Why would I use a Braton if I alrady have my Dark Rifle?", "I missed that Dark Shotgun alert, so now I'll have to stick to my CRUMMY Hek )': "

I might just be that much of a pessimist and this could prove to be a good idea, though. More weapons are nice, but none should be heads-and-shoulders above everything else. Care must be taken so that they would be good, but not too overpowered.

I feel like that would just make the Dark Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper/Pistols/Daggers/Greatsword that much desireable, and make them the end-all, be-all "Best Weapons To Have".

"Why would I use a Braton if I alrady have my Dark Rifle?", "I missed that Dark Shotgun alert, so now I'll have to stick to my CRUMMY Hek )': "

I might just be that much of a pessimist and this could prove to be a good idea, though. More weapons are nice, but none should be heads-and-shoulders above everything else. Care must be taken so that they would be good, but not too overpowered.

Correct that's why (I'm saying only my opinion) Dark type of weapons should be only little better that you can normally buy in game, not like you said end-all, be-all no no no... I fully agree with you they should not be overpowered, let them only just be slightly better, since they are and should be RARE :)

Edited by Wrona89

Seems a bit overboard for a classification of weapons that are just called 'Dark'.

If there's more dark weapons, lovely- I love to see the armoury expand. But making them 'Better' is arbitrary. I see Warframe as a game of freedom, weapons that are in any way 'better' will ruin that. (Rebalance the Hek, or give it a scope and call it a sniper har har de har.)

And the dark weapons seem to have no Theme to them, making a whole arsenal of Dark weapons pretty redundant.

Example, Dark Dagger has armour piercing, while Dark Sword has x3 damage vs infected.

I think you guys are missing the best part of Dark Sword: it has the absolute highest charge damage to charge time ratio in the game.  For single, strong targets, it has the highest DPS out of ALL melee weapons.  That's already very special.  Triple damage to Infested is actually not special at all.  Bladed weapons all have a similar damage bonus vs. Infested.

The Dark Sword is awesome and I agree with you on having some more "Dark" weapons in the game. It would be interesting to have lore on a fallen tenno clan/group. They also shouldn't be overpowered at all but give them perks that make them worth while to get so that it can change up the playstyle for people.

I think you guys are missing the best part of Dark Sword: it has the absolute highest charge damage to charge time ratio in the game.  For single, strong targets, it has the highest DPS out of ALL melee weapons.  That's already very special.  Triple damage to Infested is actually not special at all.  Bladed weapons all have a similar damage bonus vs. Infested.

The high charge damage to charge time ratio is why I really like the dark sword.  But doesn't the furax have the same charge time, but a bit higher charge damage?

The dark sword is fine with the present stats... the only thing I would change is to let it attack more than 1 enemy... it doesnt have to attack as many as other weapons but at least 2 so it will be viable on infested missions.

Seems a bit overboard for a classification of weapons that are just called 'Dark'.

If there's more dark weapons, lovely- I love to see the armoury expand. But making them 'Better' is arbitrary. I see Warframe as a game of freedom, weapons that are in any way 'better' will ruin that. (Rebalance the Hek, or give it a scope and call it a sniper har har de har.)

And the dark weapons seem to have no Theme to them, making a whole arsenal of Dark weapons pretty redundant.

Example, Dark Dagger has armour piercing, while Dark Sword has x3 damage vs infected.

Well.. meaby you are right... I was wrong thinking they should be better than other weapons, my bad like you said every weapon is for SOMETHING every single weapon have special purpose that with good team they fill every black hole +1 for making a brighter light to that way, but still as i see everyone would love to see more Dark set Weaponry :D thats great :)

Edited by Wrona89

Maybe the dark weapons could be more powerful than other weapons, but not let the user regenerate health in any form (red orbs, Trinity, etc.). Could be a good balance. Or they could slowly, but steadily consume energy, maybe 1 or 2 points per second or something.