Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Post Full Of Butt Hurt And Qq.

Clouce

So... let me start by saying I am incredibly frustrated atm, the last map I just played was absolutely ridiculous on every single level. Strap in folks its lengthy...First let me say that I fully understand this is a beta, and I will try to be as constructive as possible but I am venting some things that have repeatedly made me say screw this and walk way from the game for several days.

I was on planet earth on the oro mission. The objective was to destroy a space station full of infected and our enemies with their special must be destroyed mining equipment (Why we don't just blow up the space station? idk...). So first I notice this map is MASSIVE, without a doubt the largest I have seen yet, full of several massive hangers and 3 of those huge rooms with the ramps that are all confusing as hell and drive me into puppy punting rampages of anger. I have been trying to farm rubedo you see, and I am sure some people know how hard that can be. Well I got super lucky and got over 100 rubedo in the first 20 minutes. I then spent the next hour simple traveling the distance to simply get from one objective to the next, and then had to spend nearly an addition hour trying to find the exit (and here is where my actual critique of things to add comes in) because the objective icon is in the middle of BFNW (Telling somebody to go in a generalized direction inside a massive space station doesn't really work guys...) so I spend the next hour going northish hoping for my salvation. Finally now at about 200 rubedo I have QQed up a storm to a friend of mine who now CAN NOT join to help me because I have completed the objective (Really guys.... really?) and I can no longer quit out and save what I have collected because of the new patch (Once again.... really guys? This one couldn't wait until the beta was over? I mean of all the things to fix THIS was a priority!?) so if I want the last 2 hours to not be a complete waste I have to some how find the exit, there is not other choice. I once again begin to search and then... the game freezes, and crashes... 

So, here is my suggestions. A significantly improved check point system, some levels do this some don't but check points should lead you from room to room not to a generalized area. This isn't Skyrim.

Second a real map, this is just baffling to me. Its a no brainer, guys and should have been out on day one of beta. The map is there, its on the mini map. Just let me see a blown up version of it, and it would have solved this entire problem as well as many more. I suck at directions, wtb map!

Third, the maps are just... yeah... really bad, I love the game but the maps are constantly reminding me that I am in fact playing a game. Map layout has a very poor flow and has LOTS of back tracking and difficult to notice door ways and paths. The constant enemies spawn behind you factor can be incredibly frustrating when solo, especially with infected... I mean the space stations layouts and pathways at times look like they were built for space ninjas to jump around not for the people who actually live in them...

Finally, not allowing people to join after and objective is completed seems a bit silly to me, I am fine with having the logic behind this explained to me, but really has caused me more problems than anything. Personally seems like a waste of time to go out of your way to try and join games where the objective is done for the sake of exploiting, unless you are simply joining up with a friend who happens to be mid mission. Just seems goofy that I gotta log in and wait for my buddies to finish their mission before I can jump in.

TL;DR QQ WHAA WHAA CHANGE ME!

*Adorns flame retardant suit*

Thank you, I am done complaining now...

The thing with those rooms is that if the waypoint to the exit or next objective seems to just hang int he black void head back to the last huge room you were in and see if any of its doors line up with the waypoint.

That's really all that can be done for it is to go to the last room, or the room with all the ramps and 3 to 5 levels in it and go to all the doors there seeing which one the waypoint ends up at.

They should fix it, but that should be some help in the future.

Yeah, thats what I was going to try for, I had actually just gotten back to the second ramp room when it froze.

Also just for the record, I do love this game. Its why I did the founder deal, but man this raged me hard.

The thing with those rooms is that if the waypoint to the exit or next objective seems to just hang int he black void head back to the last huge room you were in and see if any of its doors line up with the waypoint.

That's really all that can be done for it is to go to the last room, or the room with all the ramps and 3 to 5 levels in it and go to all the doors there seeing which one the waypoint ends up at.

They should fix it, but that should be some help in the future."

Yeah, thats what I was going to try for, I had actually just gotten back to the second ramp room when it froze.

Also just for the record, I do love this game. Its why I did the founder deal, but man this raged me hard.

I've had this happen in multiplayer a lot.  Including a group run against Vey Hek for neurodes.  It was painful trying to run back through everything nearly lost.

Not flaming, just explaining:

1) GPS used to work perfectly two patches ago. They're trying to fix it

3) they are randomly generated and most people prefer it this way. Try replaying the same map 20 times and you will appreciate it.

4) you can join after an objective is achieved. I've joined games literally on the extraction point so that I had to leave the extraction point and get back on for the game to finish.

I can wholeheartedly agree, and I know your pain. I think it would amazing to open a larger map display, showing, say, seven or eight times the area the minimap does. That way, you might actually be able to navigate in those damn Grineer asteroid tilesets (which I have started avoiding entirely).

Edited by SilentCynic

Hmm... well maps are quite good for me... I had some problems with finding a way out, but it makes more fun its like .. c'mon what's the fun in speed run where waypoint leads you like brainless monkey?? the only pain in the !@# is that every planet or station are made like by the same race, but I think in the past of time they will change it.

oh and one more thing:

@Clouce: "...I love the game but the maps are constantly reminding me that I am in fact playing a game."

Well uhm.. no matter what, its is ONLY a game mate :< I understand by your saying that you expect from this game that it will transfer you to second virtual world and it will be so realistic that you can actually touch things...

Peace!

Not flaming, just explaining:

1) GPS used to work perfectly two patches ago. They're trying to fix it

3) they are randomly generated and most people prefer it this way. Try replaying the same map 20 times and you will appreciate it.

4) you can join after an objective is achieved. I've joined games literally on the extraction point so that I had to leave the extraction point and get back on for the game to finish.

Doesn't seem like flaming at all thanks for the response, I just started one patch ago so that would be why I have not seen that. I love most of the random map generation. I use to really be into dungeon crawlers back in the day. As far as the last point though, since the last patch when I try to join friends it will often say unable to join, the objective has been completed (Even when its not). My friend was getting that msg when he tried to join.

Hmm... well maps are quite good for me... I had some problems with finding a way out, but it makes more fun its like .. c'mon what's the fun in speed run where waypoint leads you like brainless monkey?? the only pain in the !@# is that every planet or station are made like by the same race, but I think in the past of time they will change it.

oh and one more thing:

@Clouce: "...I love the game but the maps are constantly reminding me that I am in fact playing a game."

Well uhm.. no matter what, its is ONLY a game mate :< I understand by your saying that you expect from this game that it will transfer you to second virtual world and it will be so realistic that you can actually touch things...

Peace!

I can actually agree to an extent, I hate when the check point system turns the game into chase the bright light on the map! Go go go! But I also hate when the check point can cause more problems then it fixes, although apparently that's a recent issue. Also I was hoping to vent and get a few laughs by making fun of myself, really not that upset. If you are laughing at me because of my post that was my hope :p

This is why this community is the best, we're being constructive. I'm sure waypoint pathing will catch up to the new tiles, and I have to say I prefer the random nature of the maps, keeps things fresh. I don't really even mind getting lost because sometimes that rachets up the tension, but I can understand and empathize with folks that don't like it. Some suggestions in the thread I like as well. An actual Map hotkey, GUI would be nice. I would love to set the minimap from the top left to the bottom left using up all that open space (larger minimap and all) put sentinal stats in the top left, and put frame stats in the bottom underneath your character or where they are currently either way. Put items collected in its own chat filter so you can back through it later and see a list of what you get as you get it and not the endless attempts to pick up ammo, health or energy while you are full on those things.

Last patch added the elevation marker on the way point (The little white arrow that points up or down if you are vertically on a different level than the objective marker). This has significantly decreased my navigation time since I know to look for a ramp/stairs/shaft to go up or down now. Don't even cringe when I see the huge Grineer mine spiral any more.

Edited by Odog4ever

Last patch added the elevation marker on the way point (The little white arrow that points up or down if you are vertically on a different level than the objective marker). This has significantly decreased my navigation time since I know to look for a ramp/stairs/shaft to go up or down now. Don't even cringe when I see the huge Grineer mine spiral any more.

Very true on this point.

It was a much bigger pain before they added that...but even now its still a big pain depending on what level your door happens to land at.

They should highlight the exit in any room that leads to the next objective you're trying to reach.  Just make the outline of it glow or something, as if your HUD is lighting it up for you.  I too find this to be one of the more annoying things about the game. "Which way do I go now!?"

Oh wow.  I had NO idea that's what that arrow meant!

Oh wow. I had NO idea that's what that arrow meant!

And it shows that arrow for allies, enemies, and objectives. It makes it easy to figure out if your enemy radar is showing enemies on the same level as well as if allies are on the same level or not.

(Telling somebody to go in a generalized direction inside a massive space station doesn't really work guys...) 

I thought some sort of compass rose, or at least a North indicator on the edge of the minimap would be useful, but again that is a vague direction. 

Enemies spawning behind me always baffled me. I get spawning in a room with an enemy walking into it, but walking out of that room, only to have baddies come out after?

???

Well if you will fail to notice the cardboard boxes they're under when you walk through there the first time. . .