Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Lag

guilhermenorris

If it's my computer's fault that the enemies sometimes stand still and make the EASIEST headshots I've ever gotten or get cut in half while their limbs deform everywhere but their core model stays in the same place, then I'm glad my computer is not the best it can be. Walking through everything on Defense Missions and casually popping or slashing them is stupid fun.

The only servers are the matchmaking. This game is peer to peer. if the person you're connecting to has a bad connection its gonna be a bad game. So yah you'll have some games that are horrible in this regard.

The developers can't fix the internet.

I'm sure they wish they could.

They could set an option so that you can choose on a sliding scale to be matched with players based on the packet loss and ping of the host though. This would make it some what harder to get matched but I only have a laggy game maybe one out of ten times. Plus it would be your choice as to what you were willing to accept.

I'd like to see the ability to toggle whether someone can host or not. Say if I have a bad connection. I can spare other people and just click "no host" there and just join games.

Conversely. . .I'd like the ability to instead of joining a game - starting my own and letting folks join that.

(I know they can do that since there's Private setting there..)

They could set an option so that you can choose on a sliding scale to be matched with players based on the packet loss and ping of the host though. This would make it some what harder to get matched but I only have a laggy game maybe one out of ten times. Plus it would be your choice as to what you were willing to accept.

The game definitely needs settings you can change which allows you to only connect with hosts suitable for you. When the game gets laggy it gets laggy. Nothing more frustrating than doors taking 3-5 seconds to open when you're next to them.

Edited by Guest

The only reason I rush is when there is laggy hosts. Seriously what's the fun or point in fighting enemies moving their legs faster than the road runner in place? Not to mention how messy it gets with dead enemies stuck in standing animations.