Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Archwing) Problems With Limbo Mission, Syrtis Interception

unmog

I don't have nearly as many problems on earth, but this mission seems completely #*($%%@. I figure the best way to go about it though is to make a 10 point list pointing out the problems, and my solutions. I dont think its just because of levels, but really fighting level 20-30 missions is much harder for archwings since finding the mods are an issue, but also the mods in general seem very weak. I guess they REALLY want to avoid power creep... but why is a maxed energy amplifier a mere 6% boost to my power range? A lot of these better be typos, but these mods really dont seem all that useful. A 3 rank 20% extra shield mod? Really? o.O Not to mention Rhino is essentially the best warframe for these missions, might as well call them Rhinooooooo's iiiiiin spaaaaaaaaace~ instead of archwing missions. Anyway~ here's my list of 10 things right off the top of my head in no particular order.

1= Enemies start to capture a point, and then fly off several hundred meters away to do something else, and still manage to capture the point.

Solution= Enemies cant move at all when capturing a point. We cant move or do ANYTHING when hacking after all, seems pretty fair. Plus, they can be hard to find as it is.

2= Enemies start to capture a point, get killed, and continue capturing the point. You became unable to prevent the point from being captured at all.

Solution= Fix your f*ing code... and if there is a warframe on the point, the point becomes "blocked" preventing enemies from taking it until we leave or get killed.

3= You try to capture a point, but you cant because of some unseen conflict. This is actually a multi layered problem, sometimes I think its a dead enemy preventing me from capturing it. Sometimes the enemy is just stuck in some object nearby and I cant find them. Sometimes the enemy in question trying to capture the point just flies away and continues challenging the node. I've literally seen enemies floating up to 200 meters away firing at me, still preventing me from taking the node.

Solution= Fix your f*ing code, and either make the conflict range of the node limited to the VERY visible ring nearby the node. If no enemy is inside the ring nearby the node, there should be no conflict. Better yet, how about removing conflict entirely since we apparently use two completely different means to capture a point. They seem to hack it with a red laser, we hover nearby king of the hill style. Removing the conflict aspect entirely would be much simpler and remove any future bug squashing entirely.

4= Enemies can be really hard to find and hit with ranged weapons. They're small, and actually faster than us. That makes no sense... theyre supposed to be flying ships right? And we're out there with space jetpacks on. Shouldnt we have the mobility advantage? It makes it so we can't outrun them either.

Solution= Make enemy ships bigger and slower, make the radar more useful. Do we even get radar standard without the aura? If not, REALLY consider giving us some basic radar with the archwing. Maybe faster bullet projectile speeds would help too, these machine guns fire very slow bullets... feels like Im firing a boltor.

5= Mods and other items can be REALLY hard to find, they're small and easy to miss. Especially in a big fight, or when split up its super easy to not find a mod unless someone points out every single mod they find. However we're limited to 1 waypoint at a time, so this is only somewhat useful and doesn't mitigate it completely.

Solution= Make stuff in space bigger? Or give everyone free loot detector as part of the archwing, have them show up on the radar, something.

6= Mods rewarded in archwing interceptions are every day mods. Why arent we getting archwing mods?

Solution= Use some common sense DE >.> We should be getting rewarded archwing mods for archwing missions. Really... this is just, wow. Just, wow.

7= Enemies get stuck inside meteors and other objects, preventing the mission from being completed.

Solution= Fix your f*ing code, or, enemies inside objects take massive damage and die. Just like we do.

8= I really miss my vacuum ability, it can be hard to get close enough to get items.

Solution= Increase our pickup range, or give us a tractor beam, aka, vacuum in space.

9= Meleeing enemies is sometimes disorientating when you start zooming around. I've also got stuck in a wall and died after zooming to an enemy and meleeing.

Solution= Some sort of indicator about who our next melee target is would be nice, and fix the collision so we dont get stuck.

10= More warframe mods should effect stuff, like speed, or stamina regen, or enemy sense, or thiefs wit, or streamline. Do we even have 8 mods that we can use that effect stuff? I find Flow useless right now since I dont have any ability strengthening mods for my archwing :/

Solution= >.> Make more mods effect archwings...

Like I said this is mostly for the limbo mission... but Ive noticed a lot of these problems on Earth too. Just, all these problems, along with the higher enemy level have made this quest for Limbo unbeatable. I suggest anyone who hasnt done it yet, stock up on these proofs right off the bat while its a lower level, you'll need 9. I need 2 more and just cant seem to obtain them :( Why? Because the mission is unbeatable, lets hope this patch helped... :/

Edited by unmog

1)agree
2)Enemies capture points by hacking so no - they take a bit of time and it goes from ours to theirs
3)disagree

4)Double Agree - Using the automatic gun from far away is a hassle because enemies have to be right on the dot and the dot practically covers their entire body; Enemies fly passively faster than a Loki on turbo....for why(Sprint Speed is confirmed connected to turbo but only base)
5)Agree - free radar is fine no need for enlargement imo

6)Agree- this is popular on the forums

7)Agree- this is just a bug though
8)They supposedly already did increase our pickup range. I would appreciate a tractor beam tether, but I can make do with what's already here.

9)Disagree- I think you and I melee quite differently my friend
10)The right mods affect the right things. I don't see why a mod made for Warframes should affect what your missiles do. I mean if it did I wouldn't argue

3)disagree

This actually upset me a lot, since this is a huge problem preventing me from completing the mission. I assume invisible corpses or enemies really far away not near the capture point are preventing me from capturing them with these supposed "conflicts". I figure at the very least these enemies should be highlighted somehow. But, please, do explain why you disagree. Dont just type "disagree" without putting any reasoning behind it :/

Anyway, number 2=, the problem is you kill the enemy hacking it, but they continue hacking it even after death, and you see a red bubble just hovering in space, and after a while later they end up capturing the point anyway... its a huge issue.

Edit= Ugh, finally got the proof fragments, apparently its much easier with just me and one other person instead of a full team... for anyone else stuck like I was. Super frustrating.

Edited by unmog

Gonna have to agree on all points. The Limbo mission is currently completely impossible, at least with a full group, haven't tried it solo to see if that affects spawn rates.

Even if your team can handle the level 25-30 enemies they just completely swarm the map. But the thing that makes it completely impossible is the capture bugs. I never really noticed the capture bugs on Earth's interception mission but good grief capturing is an exercise in frustration here.

I spent over a minute capturing one node, no enemies were in the area surprisingly but the game seemed to think there was because the capture percentage would pause in "conflict" every few seconds. And when I finally did capture it was re-captured by the enemy within 10 seconds, with no enemies in the area, while I was still in the node...  

This actually upset me a lot, since this is a huge problem preventing me from completing the mission. I assume invisible corpses or enemies really far away not near the capture point are preventing me from capturing them with these supposed "conflicts". I figure at the very least these enemies should be highlighted somehow. But, please, do explain why you disagree. Dont just type "disagree" without putting any reasoning behind it :/

What your problem and solution was felt like you didn't like the distance that's acceptable for capturing the node point. I just recently experienced this bug for the first time with nothing alive and there being conflict. The bug should be fixed but the intended notion should stay the same imo.

Yea, super annoying right Riot? *shakes head* I think DE has a lot of good ideas, just, its not implemented very well. Id like to be more excited about actually having some space in my space ninja game. But right now its just a headache so Im going to wait to see how they handle things from here. Got my Limbo parts, so, dont care anymore~

Slayer, yea its a huge bug issue. Im hoping that they dont conflict anymore unless theyre inside the ring of the capture point myself. Right now either the range is either too massive, or, theres some sort of bug where enemies die or something that shouldnt be conflicting that still conflicts. I think if theyre conflicting they should be easier to find, hence, if theyre inside the ring theyd be easier to find. If not, I dont think they need to conflict. Some of these guys are like 200+ meters away and still conflicting.

Edited by unmog

7= Enemies get stuck inside meteors and other objects, preventing the mission from being completed.

Solution= Fix your f*ing code, or, enemies inside objects take massive damage and die. Just like we do.

After some exploring, I found out that there are caves inside the bigger asteroids and the enemies spawn inside those. Sometimes they get stuck when trying to fly out. Since it's pitch black in there, I can understand that ...

10= More warframe mods should effect stuff, like speed, or stamina regen, or enemy sense, or thiefs wit, or streamline. Do we even have 8 mods that we can use that effect stuff? I find Flow useless right now since I dont have any ability strengthening mods for my archwing :/

Solution= >.> Make more mods effect archwings...

Personally, I'd like to see the archwings have some base stats and more mods affecting those stats directly. Currently the best frame seems to be Zephyr with maxed Redirection, Vitality and Vigor. I think archwings should have a decent base amount of health and shields, so I can take e.g. my Nova or Loki, too, and still have good survivability in higher missions. They can still keep it that your warframe's stats increase the archwing's stats, but they should have a multiplier <1.