Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elytron: Looks Shiny, Is Underwhelming

frozenballz

After levelling both odonata and elytron, i'll be honest, i prefer the Odonata, which is pretty depressing because i plat-rushed the elytron due to the prospect of firing a bigass nuke, and being a general explosives expert type archwing.

1.  Bloomer is okay- dumbfire with a big aoe, so works nice. ish. Problem? except in tight spaces, its hard to hit a moderate speed dumbfire projectile vs enemies that are bouncing about the place everywhere. For a frame that is supposed to be an "explosives expert", the dumbfire missile should have been a homing missile, personally. 

2.  Core vent does not work, so i cannot give any feedback on that. possible ideas for this however- core vent is affected by duration and strength. you can fly around, and enemies caught in vent get high chance of proccing for radiation/toxin damage perhaps, and any homing missiles coming behind caught in the smoke will auto-detonate safely away from your archwing. 

3.  Thumper- This ability is cool. Vs low level enemies, sure its nice. uranus/neptune? you need to drop 3-4 spheres to be able to instakill hordes of enemies that just keep on spawning, which sorta makes sense, since they're high level enemies and all, no change necessary.

4.  Nuke- This is quite a bit of a let down. It's a nuke, but you can't pre-detonate it. you have to lead the missile with your cursor, so you're more likely to be sitting still while guiding the missile. in archwing, specially against grineer, sitting still = your face getting rekt. on top of that, the only way you'll be killing S#&$ with it is in tight spaces again, or fighting near asteroids to hit them to detonate the nuke and possibly damage enemies in the radius. enemies are constantly moving in archwing, do you expect to land nukes on them flying at crazy-fast speeds? The nuke needs to be changed, here is an idea:

Press 4 to lock onto a target. timer is 3 seconds, and you have to keep target in crosshairs (same size as the ones for archwing guns) once target is locked, press 4 once again, it uses 100 power, and fires the nuke which homes in on target and hits. This allows for the nuke to be used as an ult, and still requires a bit of skill in locking on, and is more relevant/useful vs the version we have right now. it should also have a 100% radiation (or perhaps blast might be more appropriate?) proc on enemies caught in the blast radius that didnt get killed

Adding the fact that there is no way to dodge missiles unless you use flares/core vent (when it starts working that is), why are we as players stuck trying to manually guide missiles that can't even instakill, while you're fighting 13283918391 hellions just destroying your face? 1 missile lands a blast proc on you, and you're rag-dolling for 2 seconds. this is enough of a death sentence, and you end up getting hit by the rest of the volley, and this is with a zephyr with max vigor/vit/redirection, so you have 1500 health and shield with the archwing mods added on top. You're moving at a very fast speed. you SHOULD be able to dodge some of the missiles just by movement and not rely on flares/vent ffs. seriously the heatseeking capabilities of the missiles NEED to be dialled back a notch. 

===================

comparing the elytron to the odonata, that archwing seems more well rounded and balanced. 

1. First ability is a shield. works really nicely to counter the incoming damage, specially when fighting at high level. i dont know if it lasts duration or has HP though, think it's duration based, so that's good. 

2. Flares- dont work yet, so cant give feedback on that yet. still, look epic, and even look like they'd work (when they work) effectively. 

3. Missile barrage. the frame needed an offensive skill, and this works very nicely. multiple homing missiles (although the homing "breaks" when you're not host, which is annoying) for damage and blast procs etc, no change needed.

4. Stun and knockback. very useful skill, does damage too, again no changes needed. infact you can use it effectively to clear the area, kill enemies and give yourself room to breathe. 

Will give more feedback tomorrow, but for now i need sleep. sorry if i came across ranty, but this really bothered me. I know the risk of plat-rushing stuff, and im okay with that since i make enough plat via trading, and spend it openly, as well as buying it when i need to, but yeah. FIXPLS D: 

Edited by frozenballz

1. The shield limits your ranged weapons range, but also adds firedamage to it as well. (It's basicly a mobile volts shield)

2. Flares don't actually make enemy rockets fly towards them, rather just dissolve them if they get into their range. They're exceedingly useful if you know your enemies well.

3. The rockets are currently the worst skill on Odonata. Besides, their homing isn't broken when you're not host, they just only home in if there are targets close to their path (not behind or too close to you). When you are a client it can be that the enemy gets in their blindspot while you fire them, so your own movement is important.

Other than destroying the bugged invisible enemies (that most often keep capturing points in Interception), they don't account to much as their damage is neglectable.

4. At the first level, this can be not only used to stun your enemies, but you can push more resilient enemies away, thus getting them out of locations which they are stuck in. On higher level it is easily far superior that the rockets.

In general I'm mostly disappointed with the descriptions of the abilities, that not only are vague, but plain wrong for some. (E.g.: "The Warframe emits a massive pulse of energy, stunning nearby enemies and sending them flying." - It does only hit targets in front of you, not nearby targets (as far as I can tell).