Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have you done with Bolto?

YTUX

Only yesterday it was alright and I really enjoyed playing with it. Fast, furious, precise... And now it's more like crap: bolts are slow (but visible in the fly... why do I need that???), aim is inaccurate and bolts are now fly somewhere left from where I need them.

Also, what have you done with DOF? It was good, but now it's TERRIBLE.

Both things in 1 screen.

b4cxpz18rg.jpg

Dev. team, please, don't touch things which works well. Deal with something what don't work.

I haven't noticed much of a difference. If it shoots bolts that can impale enemies to walls, I should think the bolts would be heavy enough to drop while flying. Bolts shouldn't fly as fast as bullets.

They are not dropping... they just fly in slightly other direction (but they must be 100% accurate... and they were). Now I do one or two shots, watch where my bolts flies and only after that I know where to shoot and surely hit the target - it isn't right.

What are you talking about? They should fly even faster than bullets! Otherwise how the hell they will bring strenght enough to impale enemies into walls? It's like railgun.

for me they change it for more realistic reasons...

bolt need to drop while flying.. in longer distance.. there is no problem with it.. on close combat fire rate is enought hit to kill very fast.. Bolto has good headshot dmg.. its easy to eliminate not running mobs.

Pistol is make for this game not as primary weapon. Im happy when i play with bolto and i know if they change fly speed of bolto it can be a little op.

for me they change it for more realistic reasons...

bolt need to drop while flying.. in longer distance.. there is no problem with it.. on close combat fire rate is enought hit to kill very fast.. Bolto has good headshot dmg.. its easy to eliminate not running mobs.

Pistol is make for this game not as primary weapon. Im happy when i play with bolto and i know if they change fly speed of bolto it can be a little op.

Did you even read what I wrote? O_o

Do it again, please.

F=ma

Bolts have more m, less a, but still more than enough m to pierce dudes to walls.

Nope. There is no way for so tiny arrow to pierce something into wall or send it fly if it can be seen while in mid-air. So it must fly with an ultimate speed, or it should be as much as half of a Bo stick.

imo if something is going to send the enemy flying, every projectile should feel very powerful. If the Lex is using a more massive bullet and doing more damage per hit and is slower firing, wouldn't the Lex be sending enemies flying, not the bolto? Imo slow the rate of fire, slow the projectile further, up the damage; if its sending enemies flying, the damage and rate of fire should reflect it.

Edited by aTaVaX

Bullet acually have slightly different track than bullseye. You can notice it if you try shoot target aiming slightly right from their head.

By same reason you can't shoot enemy covering behind obstacle if you shoot from below.

It's just matter of perspective. I believe gun is same as usual, you just had unlucky time with it.

Edited by Cleff

imo if something is going to send the enemy flying, every projectile should feel very powerful. If the Lex is using a more massive bullet and doing more damage per hit and is slower firing, wouldn't the Lex be sending enemies flying, not the bolto? Imo slow the rate of fire, slow the projectile further, up the damage; if its sending enemies flying, the damage and rate of fire should reflect it.

You've got the point. But it would't be fun at all. I just want it like it was before: not visible, fast and 100% precise. I don't care about damage, I want it be fun to play with. But now it's not. In any fast combat this gun is now useless.

bolts fly in the same direction - a little lower than our aiming dot show. It's not realy hard to check it.. maybe its a little bug and maybe it proper work.. but all bolts fly in this direction..

evolution0024bolto.jpg

after shoot all my 18 bolts its look like that:

evolution0023bolts.jpg

Is it something wrong - only this that any single bolt dont fly at Aiming Dot direction but just lower.. its a problem.. only at beginning...

Edited by Dreed

Bullet acually have slightly different track than bullseye. You can notice it if you try shoot target aiming slightly right from their head.

By same reason you can't shoot enemy covering behind obstacle if you shoot from below.

It's just matter of perspective. I believe gun is same as usual, you just had unlucky time with it.

Well, can't say - I can do headshots with my Lex in any range. With this thing I can't.

bolts fly in the same direction - a little lower than our aiming dot show. It's not realy hard to check it.. maybe its a little bug and maybe it proper work.. but all bolts fly in this direction..

evolution0024bolto.jpg

after shoot all my 18 bolts its look like that:

evolution0023bolts.jpg

Is it something wrong - only this that any single bolt dont fly at Aiming Dot direction but just lower.. its a problem.. only at beginning...

What can I say - lucky you. May be it's a bug, because yesterday it was like on your screens.

You've got the point. But it would't be fun at all. I just want it like it was before: not visible, fast and 100% precise. I don't care about damage, I want it be fun to play with. But now it's not. In any fast combat this gun is now useless.

i think it would be fun. I enjoy the lex, i would probably enjoy a counter part that trades the recoil for a slow projectile and armor penetration.

LOL

talk about realism is pretty funny.

Sure sometimes you can graft in some realistic elements to this kind of game and sure sometimes one can gain good inspiration from reality...

buta rguing over limits based on reality is not going to get us anywhere.

seriously, do we even propose to know what the technology is that is firing this stuff?

And if we are going to use real life are folks aware that cross bow bolts are really fast in real life?

pssshh..

The only thing we should be concerned with is balance, feel and function.