The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead Of Adding More Dual Weapons, Do This.

JokeTriple

I posted this in a short-lived weapons thread, but some people liked it, so I felt that I should make a thread for it.

Instead of having dual weapons, they should allow you to craft together two different 1-handed weapons for a dual wielding weapon.  The foundry could have options for crafting that cost a large amount of credits, or a fair amount of platinum (50k credits, 100 platinum) to craft.  If you make it with credits, they would have a waiting time like building blueprints (and you can rush it for less platinum(, but it makes it instantly with the platinum option.  This way you could have something like a dark dagger and fire dagger for a dual wield weapon of your own choice.  This would give people more diversity and something to grind for, and the devs wouldn't have to keep adding new dual wield weapons and remove the current dual wield weapons, but would bring in more revenue from platinum to build the dual wield weapons.

You could have the combined effect of a fire dagger with the effect of a mythril sword.  But if you combined two of the same item, like two mythril swords, you would have a bigger bonus for whatever specialty that weapon has alone.

I hope some dev sees this, would be awesome to hear what they think about this.

I would think simply averaging the values would give you fairly balanced stats.

The real issue would be if the combined weapons retained any "special" abilities after crafting, such as slam attack AoE's.

Edited by 9volt

Or they could simply make it so that you have two different weapons at the same time? I don't see why they have to be "combined" into a single weapon. Problems would arise with the trigger and a combination of full auto and semi auto, though.

Or they could simply make it so that you have two different weapons at the same time? I don't see why they have to be "combined" into a single weapon. Problems would arise with the trigger and a combination of full auto and semi auto, though.

Well, I was only really referring to dual melee weapons.  Dual pistols would be rather complicated to code in, I'd assume.  Maybe restricting gun combinations to two of the same time (semi-auto + semi-auto only or full-auto + full-auto or burst + burst weapon).

Edited by JokeTriple

I would imagine that you could only dual wield a sword and a dagger... kinda like dual heat swords for example. or just two daggers like the fangs, dual ethers, etc.

as for pistols just make it so they required the same type... semi-auto only goes with semi auto and automatic with automatic.

but it sounds like a great idea tho.

Edited by Syaniide

I don't see the problem for dual melee weapons either. Why the need to combine them into 1 weapon?

Well, currently to build a dual weapon, you have to combine two of the same weapon (two boltos for an akibolto).  I was going off of the current system and the fact that the devs do still rely on the income from platinum.

Well, currently to build a dual weapon, you have to combine two of the same weapon (two boltos for an akibolto).  I was going off of the current system and the fact that the devs do still rely on the income from platinum.

Yeah I see what you mean, if there is not a blueprint for every combination, they give away the chance of earning money in this case. Maybe there could be a general sword and dagger blueprint, a dual dagger blueprint, a dual semi auto pistol blueprint and a dual full auto pistol blueprint that would just accept any of the fitting kinds of weapons (any sword, dagger, etc.).

But in the end, this would probably be hard to balance. For different pistols, different magazine sizes could also be problematic. When do you reload? Also, the utility of combining two different weapons is not very high, I think, because in any situation, one of the two will not be optimal, so overall, you are only doing average damage compared to combinations of the same weapon.

. For different pistols, different magazine sizes could also be problematic. When do you reload? 

^^^^ What the guy above me said ^^^^^^

When you have AkPistols remove the ability to ADS or reduce CoF or move it to a different button and allow the user to fire one pistol with M1 and the Second with M2.

Would also kinda solve my trigger finger getting tired from spamming AkLatos all the time :P

Edited by Morte_de_Angelis

I don't see the problem for dual melee weapons either. Why the need to combine them into 1 weapon

Whenever you're dual wielding anything in warframe, you've only got one weapon, one fire rate, one accuracy, one damage, one set of mods.  The fact that it looks like you're holding two has no bearing on your combat effectiveness whatsoever.

Its how this game works.  You've got one slot for long gun, one slot for sidearm, and one slot for melee.  It balances the idea of DW vs. 2H very well in that regard.

^^^^ What the guy above me said ^^^^^^

When you have AkPistols remove the ability to ADS or reduce CoF or move it to a different button and allow the user to fire one pistol with M1 and the Second with M2.

Would also kinda solve my trigger finger getting tired from spamming AkLatos all the time :P

As I said before, this thread was mainly for dual melee weapons.  I honestly don't mind them keeping twin or aki pistols, but melees are simple enough to do.

that is a lot of codes they have to make then they also have to remove alot of weapons from players  who in turn will get angry

please do your homework on coding -.- fixing such a thing wouldn't take more than an hour and the increase in size of file would be about 1-3mb nothing more.