Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With No More Wave-Dashing...

VanillaRegal

My Rhino trundles along slower than ever. But instead of crying about it, I take it easy knowing my allies will have everything handled until they get to the boss or get swarmed. I am the Unstoppable Juggernaut and while my team rushes forward and loots everything/kills most of the enemies, I frolic through empty rooms and admire the scenery or walk backward and shoot the enemies that spawn behind me while I'm all alone. All the while, I listen to Tiny Tim's Living In The Sunlight, Loving In The Moonlight while I smash windows and explode barrels. I've managed to find three new secret areas because I've had the time and freedom to explore an empty room; getting all the money and resources.

The only problem comes from when the countdown starts from them being at extraction but since I generally head to where extraction is located at the start of the mission because I can't catch up to kill things I'm not too far behind.

And remember... Rhino does not revive EVER and will report you for rushing if you finish the mission without him.

P.s.: Anyone saying that slow movespeed for Rhino and Frost is a balancing issue is ...

...Getting coal for Christmas. I know Rhino will always move slow. That's what Rhinos do. Except when they stampeede and suddenly become faster than vheicles.

Most of the time I will revive someone as my Rhino; though only if the effort of getting to them in the next two rooms will be worth the time of traversing back to where I was while they dash ahead ten miles. I love throwing up Orion Skin and standing in a horde of enemies to revive someone, only to have them go down in a second because of all the gunfire/claws.

Wanna bet that the Zoren is next on the chopping block? Being able to actually keep up with temates is an unintended bug and must be taken out of the game.

=(

Actually, I wish rhino's charge didn't have that delay at the start and end of its animation. It ends up not being a mobility tool, i can move faster when not using it. That would be a real help.

I hear ya. I suggested boosting Rhino's stamina to compensate for his low speed a couple of days ago and got shouted down, mostly. The suggestions of "burn all your points on speed mods" weren't exactly wrong, but maybe I wanted to put those 20ish points into something else? Maybe I'm playing with frames that also have marathon and rush?

I understand why Rhino is slow, but I wish the options for keeping up weren't either abusing game mechanics or dumping everything into that single purpose.

=(

Actually, I wish rhino's charge didn't have that delay at the start and end of its animation. It ends up not being a mobility tool, i can move faster when not using it. That would be a real help.

Rhino's charge is wonderful at max level but the small delay does make it so you can't just sprint, then Flash Dash and keep going.

I hear ya. I suggested boosting Rhino's stamina to compensate for his low speed a couple of days ago and got shouted down, mostly. The suggestions of "burn all your points on speed mods" weren't exactly wrong, but maybe I wanted to put those 20ish points into something else? Maybe I'm playing with frames that also have marathon and rush?

I understand why Rhino is slow, but I wish the options for keeping up weren't either abusing game mechanics or dumping everything into that single purpose.

Giving Rhino more stamina would be great. It's not increasing the speed, it's just making it so Rhino can run to catch up while everyone is recharging their stamina an then get left behind again. Don't be too sad though. Rhino is not for the quick or impaitent. Just try walking through a level once and admire the placeholders that are the current levels. That way when things get drastically changed, you can realize just what all changed.

My problem with using rush to 'compensate' for rhino's slowness: its multiplicative. A 10 point rush brings you up to a sprint speed of 1. You gain less per point than any other frame, so not only are you slower to begin with, but if everyone is using rush mods of a similar level, then you end up being pushed even further behind.

So if everyone uses rush rank 4, 10 points, then you are 1.0, and everyone else is 1.25

Compare that to vanilla: you are .8, they are 1.0

Saryn is a perfect speed to keep up. Rhino and Frost aren't.

Or move speed could be, more a less, a matter of momentum; Loki has top speed from the get-go, but Rhino takes 5 to 10 seconds to reach top speed as he builds up momentum. This way, Loki is still a crazy agile Warframe and Rhino is still sluggish, but neither runs faster than the other.

=(

It's not meant to be a mobility tool, Rhino was definitely not described as a combination of offense and mobility that Excalibur is. Although I do acknowledge that Rhino/Frost's current slowness can get problematic a lot. Changing Rush to be additive may help slightly, but ...

Or move speed could be, more a less, a matter of momentum; Loki has top speed from the get-go, but Rhino takes 5 to 10 seconds to reach top speed as he builds up momentum. This way, Loki is still a crazy agile Warframe and Rhino is still sluggish, but neither runs faster than the other.

... this idea would work really well, we should actually have this mechanic.

I hate when players tell me to put a rush mod on my rhino so I can run faster. I know this would make me sprint faster, but it doesn't help the fact everyone else is already using it so my Rush mod was just a waste of mod capacity. Since I will still not keep up with them. The only solution I can think of to my slower speed is just to give me so much stamina i can sprint forever. That in itself would be unfair since the Rhino is nearly indestructible.

My Rhino trundles along slower than ever. But instead of crying about it, I take it easy knowing my allies will have everything handled until they get to the boss or get swarmed. I am the Unstoppable Juggernaut and while my team rushes forward and loots everything/kills most of the enemies, I frolic through empty rooms and admire the scenery or walk backward and shoot the enemies that spawn behind me while I'm all alone. All the while, I listen to Tiny Tim's Living In The Sunlight, Loving In The Moonlight while I smash windows and explode barrels. I've managed to find three new secret areas because I've had the time and freedom to explore an empty room; getting all the money and resources.

The only problem comes from when the countdown starts from them being at extraction but since I generally head to where extraction is located at the start of the mission because I can't catch up to kill things I'm not too far behind.

ROFL this totally made my day, thx a lot man!! auhauhauhauhah :D

/signed, a future Rhino's User

With Dual Zoren you could be able to run fast as a modded 1.0 speed warframe (and even higher if perfomed correctly :)), i personally outrunned an excalibur who was using his dash skill in this way with my lvl 0 Rhino (but lvl 30 zoren with mods). Just sprint->crouch->melee attack (or sprint->jump->crouch in air->melee attack), generally speaking dual weapons could help to give a speed boost ^^, Zoren are just the fastest!

Edited by Clownsanity

Or the Rhino could have more stamina since he is stronger, but the recharge rate would be very slow and longer. Possibly, the Rhino could keep up with everyone else but would have to recharge during encounters or something else along those lines.

Suggesting to overcome intentional design decision, i.e. slow Rhino, with another bug is really classy :)

As I already said in the wave dashing thread - we should rather ask, why is Rhino/Frost/Saryn slow? Is this really a suitable balance solution for a non-pvp game? I would rather prefer a bit slower melee attack speed than slower move speed in case there is a reason for "slow something".